11-06-2012 08:27 PM
82 ... 234
tools
    Some of us appreciate awesome, rich sound for our musical libraries... Others appreciate over saturated, pixelated out of focus pictures that will be fixed real soon now, honest! :D
    I hope your phone is a car stop gap for your lossless archive at your home and office.

Isn't spamming against the forum rules? Could have sworn it was... ;)
    Fitting ever more into that stereotype.
    11-06-2012 05:50 PM
    I am sure that they will try to fix the daylight quality as soon as possible. They have one of the best imaging teams you can wish for... if they can't deliver, I don't know who can.

GSMarena just did their review on the 8x.. daylight quality is not so good, far from it actually.

Beats audio is a joke. The audiophiles will laugh at you when you mentioned Beats Audio.
    For whatever its worth Dolby Headphone > Beats Audio.

It really is a mixture of a good DAC and drivers than can take advantage of it properly. I've compared the 808 to.. bunch of iphones, htc one x, samsung gs3... none of them come close to what the 808 offers in terms of audio quality. I usually test them with the same set of headphones which are very sensitive, Earsonic SM3v2.

I carry my RX100 which is very small yet infenetily better quality than any camera on a phone if I want to take shots.
    I've seen many pictures of the RX100, and its a great camera.. but I am pretty confident that my PureView phase 1 phone can produce equally good results, or even better in certain situations. Depending on the conditions, one or the other will win, but it won't be a one sided affair.

Now, when you add the fact that I don't have to carry a separate camera to get image quality of that caliber, or very close to it, well... the RX100 will loose a lot of points in my book. Not to mention that the Phase 1 has proper smartphone functionality.

Pureview 808 is a concept camera phone with a 40mp sensor
    There is absolutely nothing conceptual about the 808. It got that "aura" because it was so far ahead of the competition that it was hard to believe that it is really possible. Its like.. if GM came out tomorrow and told you that their new electric car is lighter than a Lotus Elise, it can go for 1000 miles on a single charge, and to charge back to 100% takes 15 minutes. Right.. that sounds conceptual.

So here we are sitting in the 8Mpix 1.4 micron range, thinking how the future holds 16Mpix cameras, and all of sudden someone comes along and floors not one, but two industries (smartphones and compact digital cameras) with 41Mpix sensor in a smartphone.. which actually works.

Bad timing its all it is... Nokia was into a huge transition when it came out, so..it didn't get the attention it deserved, despite the fact that it won "best mobile device" at the Mobile World Congress.
    Last edited by vlad0; 11-06-2012 at 06:44 PM.
    11-06-2012 06:31 PM
    ROFL@Beats Audio and anyone who thinks "Beats Audio" is anything more than a marketing trick to get the retarded frat boys of the world to buy it.

"But dude...it's got BEATS AUDIO BY MY DAWG DRE" OMGWTFXRZ!!!
    11-06-2012 06:42 PM
    IT's a proof of concept phone not made for mass market
    Agreed. The 808 is like the Bugatti Veyron of mobile phones.
    11-06-2012 07:29 PM
    I am sure that they will try to fix the daylight quality as soon as possible. They have one of the best imaging teams you can wish for... if they can't deliver, I don't know who can.

GSMarena just did their review on the 8x.. daylight quality is not so good, far from it actually.

For whatever its worth Dolby Headphone > Beats Audio.

It really is a mixture of a good DAC and drivers than can take advantage of it properly. I've compared the 808 to.. bunch of iphones, htc one x, samsung gs3... none of them come close to what the 808 offers in terms of audio quality. I usually test them with the same set of headphones which are very sensitive, Earsonic SM3v2.

I've seen many pictures of the RX100, and its a great camera.. but I am pretty confident that my PureView phase 1 phone can produce equally good results, or even better in certain situations. Depending on the conditions, one or the other will win, but it won't be a one sided affair.

Now, when you add the fact that I don't have to carry a separate camera to get image quality of that caliber, or very close to it, well... the RX100 will loose a lot of points in my book. Not to mention that the Phase 1 has proper smartphone functionality.

There is absolutely nothing conceptual about the 808. It got that "aura" because it was so far ahead of the competition that it was hard to believe that it is really possible. Its like.. if GM came out tomorrow and told you that their new electric car is lighter than a Lotus Elise, it can go for 1000 miles on a single charge, and to charge back to 100% takes 15 minutes. Right.. that sounds conceptual.

So here we are sitting in the 8Mpix 1.4 micron range, thinking how the future holds 16Mpix cameras, and all of sudden someone comes along and floors not one, but two industries (smartphones and compact digital cameras) with 41Mpix sensor in a smartphone.. which actually works.

Bad timing its all it is... Nokia was into a huge transition when it came out, so..it didn't get the attention it deserved, despite the fact that it won "best mobile device" at the Mobile World Congress.
    It was also using Symbian that no one cares about (except hardcore nokia fanboys) and it wasnt even released anywhere. It was only made available by special order wasnt it?

That and the hardware isnt up to par and doesnt work on some networks.
    11-06-2012 07:32 PM
    BTW, what do people argue about in iPhone forums? Anyone know?
    They just argue on if they like Tim Cooke or Steven Jobs better. Or the release date of the iphone mini shuffle 6. With new transgender connector.
    11-06-2012 07:34 PM
    It was also using Symbian that no one cares about (except hardcore nokia fanboys) and it wasnt even released anywhere.
    Some of us have been using Nokia smartphones for a long time... long before Windows Phone, so naturally for us Nokia is more than just Windows Phone.

That and the hardware isnt up to par and doesnt work on some networks.
    Which hardware ? The one than can handle a 41Mpix module and process 1 billion pixels every second during video recording ? Not up to par.. I guess..

It was only made available by special order wasnt it?
    You just click add to cart on amazon and it gets to you by mail .. if that is what you meant, then yes.. its special.
    11-06-2012 08:27 PM
82 ... 234