11-06-2012 11:17 AM
50 12
tools
    The comments on that article are absolutely classic.
    11-05-2012 06:07 PM
    Well, remember - hipsters and muscles generally don't go together. Hence skinny jeans.

Which, if my slab of polycarbonate sways the hipsters to stay away, I might be cool with that. I want Nokia to do well and all, but I don't want to be associated with hipsters.

It's why I refuse to use Instagram...
    11-05-2012 06:37 PM
    I think the heavy thing is gonna be big.....ive just about decided its the 8x for me because of It. There is just no reason for it to be that thick ad heavy. A reason I'm growing tired of my 900 right now. I keep wondering why its such a brick.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    11-05-2012 06:43 PM
    i don't understand how jessica alba manages to hoist this mighty device up, she must workout all the time!
    KoukiFC3S and mister2d like this.
    11-05-2012 07:23 PM
    I own the Nokia Lumia 920 and I can't believe how stupid people are about its weight. Handle it in your hand and see how nice and comfortable it feels. It really just hugs and perfectly fits in your hand.

The weight is really not an issue.
    11-05-2012 07:30 PM
    meh, so heavy... can't lift....
    Last edited by Shadai; 11-05-2012 at 07:49 PM.
    hasasimo likes this.
    11-05-2012 07:31 PM
    i don't understand how jessica alba manages to hoist this mighty device up, she must workout all the time!
    LOL! You make a good point. If I'm not mistaken, she was carrying it in one hand-- with an iPad, no less!
    11-05-2012 07:31 PM
    LOL! You make a good point. If I'm not mistaken, she was carrying it in one hand-- with an iPad, no less!
    Gotta watch out for the .16 lbs more weight than an iPhone 5... Don't want to tear a tricep picking it up!
    11-05-2012 07:35 PM
    I don't really get the weight complaints either. I don't have a scale, but based on what I found online my iPhone 4 plus the case I'm using adds up to about 167 grams. I'm pretty sure I can handle the difference between this and an L920.
    11-05-2012 07:38 PM
    Velcome to da future ya.

Hear me now and believe me later. Dis phone is da ultimate workout machine, ya. Just 2 weeks of dead lifts with dis phone will PUMP (/clap) YOU UP. Or your money back. Chuck Norris can't guarantee that with his bowflex, no.

Now listen. Go out and buy this phone and practice with lifts first with your arms then with your legs, ya. In no time you'll look like me. Hear me now and believe me later. You don't want to be da poor little girlie man in his girlie house, no. You want to be studied by scientists for da perfect body. This phone will get you there. A workout everyday and still makes phone calls. Try doing dat with an iPhone. You CAN'T. Ya.

Quit being a girlie man and get to the chopper!
    chevans920 and Mr.Nuron like this.
    11-05-2012 07:48 PM
    Velcome to da future ya.

Hear me now and believe me later. Dis phone is da ultimate workout machine, ya. Just 2 weeks of dead lifts with dis phone will PUMP (/clap) YOU UP. Or your money back. Chuck Norris can't guarantee that with his bowflex, no.

Now listen. Go out and buy this phone and practice with lifts first with your arms then with your legs, ya. In no time you'll look like me. Hear me now and believe me later. You don't want to be da poor little girlie man in his girlie house, no. You want to be studied by scientists for da perfect body. This phone will get you there. A workout everyday and still makes phone calls. Try doing dat with an iPhone. You CAN'T. Ya.

Quit being a girlie man and get to the chopper!
    Don't forget to stretch before you pick it up!!! :lol:
    11-05-2012 08:04 PM
    Does Gizmodo really think reviewing everything but Apple in a terrible way will get them back in good graces with Apple?

Their article the other day praising the resolution of the iPad Mini for having smaller pixels than the full sized iPad 2 was perhaps the worst thing I have ever read.....and that includes my six year old son trying to write sentences for the first time. So bad.
    Last edited by rebornempowered; 11-05-2012 at 08:45 PM.
    11-05-2012 08:39 PM
    They must have gotten input from their awful Jalopnik writers.
    11-05-2012 08:53 PM
    I own the Nokia Lumia 920 and I can't believe how stupid people are about its weight. Handle it in your hand and see how nice and comfortable it feels. It really just hugs and perfectly fits in your hand.

The weight is really not an issue.
    How are you typing this? Oh my God, are you ok!!!? lol yeah the weight is greatly exagerated but still, is almost twice as heavy as the Iphone 5, I mean 41% heavier than the main competition is kind of a big deal.
    11-05-2012 11:47 PM
    How are you typing this? Oh my God, are you ok!!!? lol yeah the weight is greatly exagerated but still, is almost twice as heavy as the Iphone 5, I mean 41% heavier than the main competition is kind of a big deal.
    And iPhone has 4" screen, don't forget that. And it's fragile.
    11-05-2012 11:53 PM
    41% heavier is no where close to "twice as heavy."
    giantenemybird likes this.
    11-05-2012 11:54 PM
    You might know xsever by his stage name. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.
    11-06-2012 12:11 AM
    If the iPhone 5 had NFC, wireless charging, hardware OIS, 4.5" screen etc... then the weight comparison would be justified. But alas, it does not.

It's called a trade off. Sure the 920 is heavier. But it packs a punch that most other anemic phones only dream of.
    Last edited by MaulerX; 11-06-2012 at 12:25 AM.
    11-06-2012 12:16 AM
    It's funny that the original article kept mentioning that it was 226g until people commented that it was actually only 185g. They complain about one thing and can't even get their facts right. Did they actually use the phone or just look at some incorrect spec sheet and write a review based off that?

Honestly, for $600 I don't want to hold something that feels as if it will crush like an empty box...
    Quite the opposite with the L920. It'll crush empty boxes.
    11-06-2012 12:16 AM
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFvSxCZZtKQ[/YT]
    11-06-2012 12:19 AM
    I watched his first video last night. He cracks me up.

Just a heads up, the video is NSFW.
    hasasimo likes this.
    11-06-2012 12:31 AM
    I want one even more after watching his other lumia 920 video
    NSFW!!!

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdV8mygQCVc&feature=plcp[/YT]
    11-06-2012 02:09 AM
    Wow - are you seriously defending these articles/reviews? You realize we're talking about the equivalent of carrying an extra "half stick of butter" in weight difference here between the iPhone 5 and the Lumia 920...

Never mind the fact that with the iPhone 5 (or any other iPhone out there) you're pretty much required to buy a case (which negates the entire argument as a whole) for the damn thing because it'll scratch if you look at it and fart the wrong way....

I current have an iPhone 4s with a case... same weight (bar a gram or two - but if we're going to truly count - I'll be glad to weigh it for you). Based purely on weight distribution alone, I expect that the Lumia will actually feel a little "lighter" than what I have now. And no - I don't plan on getting a case with the Lumia... :P

Seeing these "technical" reviewers peg anything because of WEIGHT instead of actual capabilities has gotten absolutely stupid...

How about a side-by-side comparison of browser speed and rendering? How about a side-by-side analysis of applications running on the two devices like they typically do with between iPhone and <insert typical Android phone here>? How about the key differences between the 2 devices from a true technical perspective? - Where's that check list? No - the only thing that Gizmodo (and others) have come up with as the primary negative are weight and "lack" of apps.. seriously?

What's more - they actually get *paid* for this inane garbage they call a "review"...
    11-06-2012 07:49 AM
    How is Weight and lack of apps not a big negative. That makes the 920 hard to recommend over the Iphone 5.
    11-06-2012 08:07 AM
    How is Weight and lack of apps not a big negative. That makes the 920 hard to recommend over the Iphone 5.
    41% if a far cry from 'twice the weight' of the iPhone.

Also, 'lack of apps' is an opinion. What apps that you use does the Windows Phone not have? I figure with 120,000+ apps available right now, you'll be able to find what you need.

If you want to talk numbers, the Windows Phone has only about 4% of the smartphone market, yet it still has over 120,000 apps available. Compare that to back when the iPhone only had 4% of the market, pretty sure the iPhone had nowhere near that many apps at the same time.

Or, if we think real-world, Windows Phone has 46 of 50 top apps. Again, pretty amazing numbers considering the market share of the Windows Phone.

I highly doubt that there's an app missing for the Windows Phone that makes the phone a 100% deal breaker.
    11-06-2012 11:17 AM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD