Gizmodo review

johnnyrussoa3

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Gizmodo's review of the 920 is up, for whatever it worth. See http://m.gizmodo.com/5957795/lumia-920-review-just-too-damn-heavy

Guess what their biggest complaint is? Inexcusably heavy. Such bs... Other than that they praise the design, battery, soft wear, and camera.

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Much nicer review than I thought Gizmodo was capable of, so they get props for that......then I saw what they said the "Tragic Flaw" was, and was reminded why I never trust them for reviews.

Landsharkk

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Should You Buy It?
It kills me to say this, because I wanted to own this instead of an iPhone 5, but no. No you shouldn't. It's too big and heavy. It's not fun to own. It's not enjoyable to use. If you want a Windows Phone, check out the very good HTC 8X. But this? No, not this.

Lol, what kind of conclusion is that?

They fail to answer Why it's no fun to own.

They fail to answer Why it's not enjoyable to use.

They fail to answer Why it's too big and too heavy.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Reading the part about the weight just made me shake my head in disgust at that review, and the fact that tripe like that even gets published

Here are some gems of hyperbole:

It's just too heavy.

The Lumia 920 weighs almost half a pound.

It's just too heavy. Inexcusably heavy. Way, way too heavy to recommend to anyone.

It's just as galling every time you take it out of your pocket?stretched within a micron of its life

Our gadgets should be comfortable. They should be made for our hands and fingers. The 920 was perhaps made for hands and fingers, but not of any mortal. Not any of us.

wtf did I just read? Is this guy really a squirrel with tiny hands. My grandmother is stronger than him if that's the way he feels about 180 grams.

MaulerX

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
What kind of crap review is that? No, not because they over exaggerated the weight, but because I didn't see anything on the display, NFC and wireless charging capabilities etc... things that explain why the phone weighs what it does.

It was a short review that focused too much on the weight. I think it is a testament to how great the 920 is when all people can think about as a negative is it's weight.

apoc527

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Guys, it's Sam Biddle. He must have spaghetti arms if he thinks 185 g is too heavy. There's really no other explanation. It's the same weight as a Lumia 900 plus 3 quarters. I just tried that (and I already have a case on my 900)...definitely too heavy for mortals. Sheesh. What a joke.

Sonofdex

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand the weight issue... All of my friends have iPhones or giant Android devices in Otterbox cases, adding at least another ounce to the phone. None of them ever complain about it being too big.

sherwin892

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Many of these reviewers are spoiled by Apple's obsession with light feather weighted phones. That or they need to start pumping some iron.

I personally like phones that feel sturdy and substantial.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs