Household object with similar weight to 920?

ndb888

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
With all the people talking about the weight, I am wondering if anyone here can tell me of a household object with similar weight and size just so I can get a feel for it. Thanks!

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
With all the people talking about the weight, I am wondering if anyone here can tell me of a household object with similar weight and size just so I can get a feel for it. Thanks!

Tough one. A large apple would probably be close to 6 ounces/180 grams. I think 6 or 7 slices of sliced bread is 6 ounces.

runam0k

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Didn't one review say 20 ?1 coins? If you're in the UK and you have a bunch of ?1 coins lying around...

The dummy phone in the store feels fine. I'm guess from the reviews, the actual 920 is heavier. I haven't seen one review that doesn't highlight the weight.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I heard from some people on the forum that a refridgerator would be a good comparison.

Maybe a washer or dryer would work too.

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
If the weight is an issue maybe it's time to hit the gym. ;) Honestly the heavier the better. I want to know it's in my pocket. Drop a Samsung and you get to play 52 pickup. Drop a Nokia and you leave a dent in the concrete. Heavy is always better I don't care what people say. It means quality products. Light =value engineered to be the minimum to get them through the warranty period, most of the time.

chevans920

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I thought it was closer to the weight of a Hummer??? I mean, they both come in yellow!

timthumb.php

lg89

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Silly people, the 920 is the weight of a Nimitz class supercarrier.

In all seriousness though, the iphone 4 + a specs hard case is about 182 grams, if that gives you any reference. If people can carry around an iphone 4 with a case, they can carry around the L920.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
kind of puts that whole 'weight' thing into perspective huh. Wow.

Seriously. The Lumia 920 weighs as much as a half can of coke or beer. Is it that big of deal?

chevans920

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
kind of puts that whole 'weight' thing into perspective huh. Wow.

Seriously. The Lumia 920 weighs as much as a half can of coke or beer. Is it that big of deal?

Yes... It is! When you're not a professional beer drinker, this weight can be intimidating... A strawberry daiquiri may be more suitable for you! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism