is the battery to blame for the 920 launch.

jonathan sink

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
As more and more review sites spit out reviews, its becoming a common complaint. I read a new one this morning reporting that in 3hrs of video and navigation the phone went dead. Could this be true and could Nokia be holding things up in hopes to fix the issue draining the battery? Don't get me wrong I'm sold on the 920, but (lol) that would be a big issue for a lot of users if true. What do you think, and what have you heard? Do you have a 920 and can you prove otherwise?

karmamule

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Neither Engadget nor Wired had a problem with the battery life. In Engadget's review they showed the 920's video rundown time as being virtually identical to the 8X's. Even the Verge, not particularly known for friendliness towards Windows phones or the Lumia said they had "no complaints whatsoever" about the battery life.

So, while we all always want as much battery life as possible, no, I don't think this would be an issue worth delaying the US launch over.

pvcleave

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I read a review, I am looking for the link. They got nearly 7 hours of video for the 920. The 8X got around 5.5. They did not have battery for 900, but they did for 800. The 800 got around 5.5 after they adjusted screen brightness. Before the adjustment the 800 (old model) got 3.5.

Here is the link for the 920. They have 920 and state the 8X battery. You can look at other reviews to see how it's battery did.

Nokia Lumia 920 review | Expert Reviews

Last edited:

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday my phone lasted more than 14 hours. I think the battery life is amazing.
That is pretty good. The battery In the 920 is only slightly bigger than the one in the 900, so any improvement over that would be impressive, considering that they switched from CE to NT.. a lot of work must have gone into optimizing the core.

Is there a power consumption app for WP that would show us idle consumption ? Idle is important because.. well most of the time the phone is in idle :)

jonathan sink

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everyone for the feedback! I hope what your all saying is true I want so bad for the platform to succeed. When I get home I can post the sites that I read those on there saved to my favorites for this purpose :) I could be just reading from fanboys who would do nothing but complain no matter what.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
That is pretty good. The battery In the 920 is only slightly bigger than the one in the 900, so any improvement over that would be impressive, considering that they switched from CE to NT.. a lot of work must have gone into optimizing the core.

Is there a power consumption app for WP that would show us idle consumption ? Idle is important because.. well most of the time the phone is in idle :)

Actually one of the biggest improvements no doubt has been that LTE 4G modem is integrated to that S4 Qualcomm chip.
It's the reason why all of the manufacturers have been using that same chip in North America.

mlm1950

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Since the launch of the 920 was presumably delayed by only a week, it is unlikely that a battery issue could have been resolved in in that short amount of time.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Actually one of the biggest improvements no doubt has been that LTE 4G modem is integrated to that S4 Qualcomm chip.
It's the reason why all of the manufacturers have been using that same chip in North America.
Right..thanks, I forgot about that, which is really important actually.

Well either way, if they could keep Win NT at Win CE levels.. that is pretty impressive.