11-12-2012 11:04 AM
32 12
tools
    This is also true. California and I think Massachusetts phone customers have to pay sales tax on the noncontract price of phones, even if purchased with a contract and subsidized price
    Ouch!
    11-06-2012 12:13 PM
    It is $99 for the phone and the Charging Pad is free, it is all in ATT's press release. Windows Phone 8 Smartphones Arrive at AT&T Nov. 9; Pre-orders Begin Nov. 7 | AT&T

Beginning Nov. 9, AT&T customers will be able to purchase the Nokia Lumia 920 for $99.99 and the Nokia Lumia 820 for $49.99. For a limited time and while supplies last, AT&T will also include a wireless charging plate free of charge with each purchase of a Lumia 920.

Pre-orders start tonight at 12am ET/9pm PT (11/7/12)
    Doh! I see it that way now... thank you!
    11-06-2012 12:16 PM

Pre-orders start tonight at 12am ET/9pm PT (11/7/12)
    Can you provide source? I could not find that
    11-06-2012 12:20 PM
    Is the free plate only if you sign up for a two year contract, or do you get it too if you buy the phone off-contract?
    I really want to know this too.... and thanks, op.
    11-06-2012 02:09 PM
    Is the free plate only if you sign up for a two year contract, or do you get it too if you buy the phone off-contract?
    Same question here....
    11-06-2012 02:24 PM
    Same question here....
    When I talked to my local AT&T store, I asked them this exact question. He told me I would get the free charging plate thing even when I buy the phone off-contract.
    evilrobot and alpinestars1z like this.
    11-06-2012 02:28 PM
    Hey, I ordered my Lumia 920 online on launch day, and there was never a mention of the free charging plate. Not even in the shipping list. I didn't really want to push the issue, I figured they would honor their advertisement somehow. Anyways, I got the charging plate in the mail on Saturday, and my phone is due to arrive on Tuesday. I did, however receive this email from AT&T today:

Thank you for your recent purchase from AT&T Cell Phones, U-verse, Digital TV, DSL Internet, and Phone Service.
    As you may have heard, for a limited time AT&T is running a promotion for a free Nokia Black Wireless Charging Plate with orders of the Nokia Lumia 920. The charging plate should have been shown as included when you placed your order.
    The charging plate accessory will be shipped in a separate order at no charge.
    We appreciate your business.

Sincerely,
    The AT&T Customer Care Team

So for everybody who has been left in the lurch, there is hope.
    11-12-2012 11:04 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD