AT&T 920 Off Contract Price?

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
It's not unlocked, it's unactivated.

And it's also requiring me to sign up for a Voice and data plan. Then I don't get why make it a "No commitment" price.

Ellroy80

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
It's not unlocked, it's unactivated.

And it's also requiring me to sign up for a Voice and data plan. Then I don't get why make it a "No commitment" price.

This. I think it is $499 if you don't get it with any plan. I'm going into an AT&T store tonight to investigate further.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
sounds a little bait and switch to me, but if an existing account can get the $449 price and not have to pick a new plan I'm ok with that. I have family member who's contract expires in a few days. If I can get them this with the $449 price then just leave in a few days no biggy. If they make me pay $499 though cause I wont get a new plan they can pound sand.

EDIT: from what I'm seeing being logged into the account, they won't even give me off contract pricing. I really need to see what Amazon is going to offer the phone for because ATT obviously doesn't want my business.

Last edited:

tuanfat

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi! I am new for US and ATT. So if I go to the store to order a Lumia 920, they will require me a plan (with a security deposit), will I receive the full deposit back if I cancel the plan after 1 to 2 months? And how can I buy 920 no commitment without the plan? Any one helps me please!!!

eurovisionacts

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
No! I ordered a non-commitment phone. The ATT rep I chatted with says basically the phone comes non-activated. You just call customer support when you receive your phone and say that your want to cancel your contract (that you didn't activate). Since its a no commitment phone, they will comply and you have no ETF / activation fee.

Then go to straight talk :)

tuanfat

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Thank! But I can't order it online because it requires me to sign up for a plan. How you order your phone? I start my new bank account here so they also not allow me to check out online. My only solution is go to the store, and tell them that I don't want to active it. Can I?

Last edited:

eurovisionacts

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
You have to add the plans on manually and check out. Then cancel when the phone arrives, but you wont be charged because the phone was never activated.

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
This. I think it is $499 if you don't get it with any plan. I'm going into an AT&T store tonight to investigate further.

449 if u try upgrade online from an existing plan but not yet eligible for upgrade. No ETF or activation fee when u do this online, just taxes.

the existing contact applies, but u dont sign an new 2 yr contract like if you upgrade to the iphone 5 upgrade offer, which comes out the same price but for a 16gb version.

Ellroy80

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I couldn't get a straight answer from the in-store people. I'll just wait until tomorrow, when hopefully they have a better idea of what is going on.

tuanfat

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
449 if u try upgrade online from an existing plan but not yet eligible for upgrade. No ETF or activation fee when u do this online, just taxes.

the existing contact applies, but u dont sign an new 2 yr contract like if you upgrade to the iphone 5 upgrade offer, which comes out the same price but for a 16gb version.
They require me to pay $500 for security deposit, which I try to avoid. What will happen with my deposit if I sign for the plan, pay the deposit, and don't active the plan. Will they give back my money? Should I wait for Black Friday to buy it in Amazon/ Ebay/ Best Buy? Or just pay the deposit and buy the plan, and break up with them after 1 month?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss