AT&T 920 Off Contract Price?

anon(5339110)

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I sure this has been brought up in one of the various threads, but I thought I'd bring the question up to the top...

Any one know the AT&T off contract price for sure?

anon(5339110)

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
If all fails. This is good for ETF breaking...

$99+$325+36 = $460 + 1/2 month of service.

Very nice!
Great news! You qualify for an early iPhone upgrade with a new 2-year commitment.
Full upgrade available: December 09, 2013

I've got the above notice from my AT&T account page. I wonder if there will be a similar offer for the Lumia?

I read online (not AT&T) that the above offer gave you an iPhone at the contract price, but you paid $250 additional.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
if it really is $499 free and clear of contracts then it isn't worth the ETF break.

sketchy rumor I heard though is that people have been porting out to Straight Talk with no ETF from ATT. That's strictly speculative (saw it on FatWallet and HoFo). My point is, if you plan on ETF breaking anyways and have accounted for that cost, you could try this Straight Talk trick and maybe get lucky.

Wafflebot

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I would love to know as well. I called my local AT&T store but they didn't have any information on prices just yet. Other sources have said anywhere between $449 - $699.

Hoping for some good news on the off-contract price, since I definitely can't upgrade legitimately for a while. :(

Wafflebot

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Ya, I would as well, but I have a feeling we're not going to be that lucky. I have a sneaking suspicion that it's going to be $599.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
ATT reps are saying $499 on internal systems. Amazon could pull a fast one and offer it at $449. Combine that with free shipping and no tax, I'd be all over that.

I also suspect there are going to be some rather stellar promotions at Microsoft Stores around Black Friday.

Wafflebot

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Ya, if Amazon pulled a stunt like that, they'd sure sell a lot of them. If AT&T's reps are saying $499, then I'll probably just pick it up in store. I'm too impatient to wait until Black Friday. ;)

I sold my HTC One X for $300, so I guess I'm technically only paying $199 for it off-contract, right? lol.

Wafflebot

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Off contract for between $450-$500 is an inta-buy for me. Now the only problem is choosing which color :p

Agreed.. when I called my AT&T store and asked about this whole thing, they put me on the wait list a day early (our pre-orders don't start until tomorrow) and I asked what colors they'd get in stock.

His answer was "You know, I have no idea. I'll write down 'all' next to your name so you can have your pick once we know".

I feel like a valued customer. :p

Wafflebot

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
When I talked to an AT&T store a couple of hours ago, they told me that even if you buy the phone off-contract, you will indeed get a free charging pad.

vizagdude

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I called the AT&T customer care to check on the retail price of this phone. They do not have the price in their system yet. I hoping it's around $500.

Wafflebot

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I called the AT&T customer care to check on the retail price of this phone. They do not have the price in their system yet. I hoping it's around $500.

A couple different sources say it will be $499. A small number of those sources claim that's what "AT&T showed in their system". Take it for what you will I suppose.

Mediademics

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I know it's a stretch but would be awesome to see reports of the AT&T L920 being factory unlocked like Rogers. I am not expecting this to happen but just saying. I want to go to tmobile with it but I might be willing to park it on straight talk until unlocks are offered.

Wafflebot

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm thankful I don't have to worry about wanting my phones unlocked. IF they're on AT&T I'm happy. Been with them for many years and I have no reason to leave. The coverage where I live has been pretty stellar.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99