Pre orders tonight at Midnight thread

rockonit

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
"You’ll be able to pre-order the Nokia Lumia 920 later today, from 12am ET/9pm PT on AT&T’s website."

This does not seem to be true.

iphonemilk

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Still not sure if it will actually deliver by 11/9 though... Usually they only pony up for next day or 2nd day air for the iPhone launch. Perhaps the warehouses are ready to go and they ship same day for deliver on 11/9 though.

I hope that is the case as it appears my only hope for a Cyan is a pre-order!
Yeah here's my NEXT question for this thread...

Do they have ATT Sales people working that late? can we pre order by phone? or is it Website only?

I typically DON'T like using the website, b/c im ATT premiere.. and for the love of god btw.. i wish i could somehow GET OFF Att premiere and be a normal customer again.. b/c ATT premiere people get shafted every single product launch.. it's insane..

Anyways, i hate using the website.. i don't trust me.. many launches including the SGS3 launch i've been screwed countless times.

I may have to go into the store and pre order =( i don't want to do that b/c that would be later in the "pre order get yourself a spot in line, line"

If ya know what i mean

Stadifer

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I typically DON'T like using the website, b/c im ATT premiere.. and for the love of god btw.. i wish i could somehow GET OFF Att premiere and be a normal customer again.. b/c ATT premiere people get shafted every single product launch.. it's insane..

Anyways, i hate using the website.. i don't trust me.. many launches including the SGS3 launch i've been screwed countless times.

I'm jumping ship from Verizon to AT&T so I likely won't have that particular issue... They might have a "That man is leaving another carrier for us; get him a phone pronto!" list though. :p

One could hope.

rockonit

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Yeah here's my NEXT question for this thread...

Do they have ATT Sales people working that late? can we pre order by phone? or is it Website only?

I may have to go into the store and pre order =( i don't want to do that b/c that would be later in the "pre order get yourself a spot in line, line"

If ya know what i mean
Totally agree with you on the premiere customer thing. I've never had any success getting any priority shipment over the website ordering. I went to one of our local corporate stores today and talked to a guy who said he had just gotten off a conference call regarding the release. He had no inventory yet and didn't know what colors they would get but he assured me they would have "plenty" of inventory on Friday.

bmarsden

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
I just sent an email to Stephen Elop asking if pre-orders will be received on Friday for people that place them. I'll let you know what I find out.

wenw

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I just sent an email to Stephen Elop asking if pre-orders will be received on Friday for people that place them. I'll let you know what I find out.

Wow!! Good job!!! Hopefully you can get a reply from Elop before lumia 920 arrive at our door step.

diaspar

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

I just emailed Obama and tell him that if he can promise my 920 pre-ordered tonight will be delivered on Friday, I will vote for him.

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I plan on pre-ordering at 9pm tonight (west coast) depending on the expected delivery. I'll be out of town all weekend and next week so if it isn't going to arrive on Friday I'll try my luck at an AT&T store for some Cyan!

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
The Nokia Lumia 920 will be available in AT&T stores in red, black and white, and you?ll be able to order cyan and yellow at ATT.com and by special order in stores.

Dafuk? So I won't be able to see the yellow one in stores? That's going to complicate my yellow vs. red decision. Crappy. :mad:

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I wonder what they mean by 'special order in stores.' It could be that they will have limited stock of those compared to black/red/white so they want to encourage people to order those online or it could mean order in store and wait for shipment.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
In the article, "The Nokia Lumia 920 will be available in AT&T stores in red, black and white, and you?ll be able to order cyan and yellow at ATT.com and by special order in stores."

Is that true?? Seems like if I want a yellow one, I have to pre-order it online....

Yes. They told us this like a month ago. Just preorder it online tonight and you will probably get it Friday anyways.

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I wonder what they mean by 'special order in stores.' It could be that they will have limited stock of those compared to black/red/white so they want to encourage people to order those online or it could mean order in store and wait for shipment.

It means if you walk into a store a want a color not available, they have to order it for you and you have to wait for it to come in. They will not be stocking all colors in stores, though the Microsoft Store should have all colors in stock.

anilraj

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I am surely buying 920.
Question is what to do with my 900?

I wish, Nokia / ATT had a buy-back scheme for 900 users or some subsidy for the upgrade as I am only 6 months into the contract.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I am surely buying 920.
Question is what to do with my 900?

I wish, Nokia / ATT had a buy-back scheme for 900 users or some subsidy for the upgrade as I am only 6 months into the contract.

Pop out that sim card, put it on the Ebay, collect the $$$ and put it towards paying off the 920. Or use the money to pay the prorated different for an upgrade.

bmarsden

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Wow!! Good job!!! Hopefully you can get a reply from Elop before lumia 920 arrive at our door step.

He's been good about getting back to me quickly in the past -- sometimes in less than an hour. That's usually when sent late at night though...considering he's in Helsinki.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss