How many of you are leaving your carrier for this phone?

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I've been eligible for an upgrade through T-Mobile since September, but my contract doesn't officially expire until January. In any case, I'm definitely not leaving them for AT&T just to get the 920. I really, really want one, but there's nothing in this world that could possess me to sign up with AT&T. I'm planning on getting the 810 next week but will look into getting an unlocked 920 in yellow in several months. Or, if by some chance T-Mobile gets the 920 after AT&T's exclusivity ends, I might get it there at full price.

Stadifer

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I'll be jumping ship from Verizon to AT&T for the 920...

I have no carrier loyalty and will go with whoever has the phone I want when my contract comes to an end. I won't go to T-Mobile because of their generally crappy coverage of the Portland, OR region. So I hop between AT&T and Verizon. I think I'll stick with AT&T since they seem to always get the phone I want.

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Leaving Verizon for it (Been off contract for a while now). Verizon has been letting me down too much over phone selection since WP has been out, not feeling like letting them dictate that any longer. In my area (California) both have LTE service and relative good networks so it doesn't affect me much either way.

Mediademics

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I want to move to tmobile and activate a paid in full L920. No more contracts for me. I can resell my sprint iPhone to pay the ETF with a little change left over.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't know why anyone would throw all that extra money away by signing a two year contract. Unless you're on some kind of family plan (or really good grandfathered plan) you're paying wayyy too much. A qualifying individual plan with a decent amount of voice, text, and data with AT&T will run you around $120/month. Compare that with an MVNO with similar service at $55 a month. By the time those two years are up you've paid about $1,000 more for your "$99" phone than you would have if you bought it off contract and used an MVNO.

Satchef1

May 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm just buying the phone. I'd be daft to do anything else - I get unlimited minutes, texts, 2GB data (inc tethering use) and 2GB WiFi for ?15/month, 30 day commitment. Why would I leave my network :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720