Battery Life

Redspeed93

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I was wondering the same thing. :dry

Because from reading reviews you can't really get a clear picture. Some reviewers say that they can use the phone for over 24 hours with LTE, WiFi, bluetooth and all that other good stuff enabled and still have like 30% left.

And then there are some reviewers who say that the phone has just as bad batterylife as the Lumia 900 did and that 5 hours of heavy use is enough to completely empty the battery.

So which one is it? :confused:

anon(5348929)

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi!

Yesterday my battery lasted 16h. Today the phone used up 15% per hour! I then realized, that it was constantly warm an the top of the backside, although the phone was in standby. I switched of all background tasks, but that didn't help. I then restarted the phone and power consumption dropped to a few percent per hour.

So, differences in battery life in the reviews could well be due to some bugs in the software which lead to power drain.

Bye,
Christian

pdjcrawford

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
I've had the phone for a week now and my experiences are quite positive. Under my use (little calling, LTE, WiFi and BT enabled, very frequent use browsing) I find my battery at about 50% after a 14h day. I have yet to experience a day where I was remotely concerned about battery.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
In comparision to Lumia 900 how good is it if you enable LTE? With my L900 with 3G enabled it lasts for 1.5 - 2.3 days with 1 hour of music and few callings

weetigo

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Depends. For example, watching videos for 4 hours with auto display settings I was down to 19% from a full charge, and the battery said 3hours remaining. Regular use, a day easy.

strider2

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Guys, If the Lumia 920 battery dies and we purchase this phone unlocked and off-contract (International version) to use on t-mobile, how do we replace the battery?

since warranty might not be there due to international purchase and back cover is not removable and battery replacable, how do we go about it?

any ideas?

thanks

Tyresian

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Try to sign up for the Nokia warranty if you can. Otherwise you are pretty much SOL. We may see some people that can repair it, but it is highly unlikely. We do have the exposed screws, but I don't know if removing them helps anything.

Edit: To answer the OP, the battery life has not made me as happy as I'd like. It is enough, just about the same as the 900. We don't have LTE here and I am a heavy user the battery gets me through the day but I keep location off and only turn on Bluetooth during my 20 min commute both ways and listen to podcasts or streaming music.

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
So far I'm not impressed, but it might just be an issue where I need to calibrate the battery. Yesterday I had to charge it after about 5 hours since the last charge as it was down to 55% (did some texting, foursquare, checked my email. Only Accuweather is running in the background). Today, in less than an hour, it was down to 88%. I checked in on foursquare once, sent a few texts, and checked the weather in accuweather, but the rest of the time it was in my pocket. Maybe something is wrong and I have to exchange it?

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Guys, If the Lumia 920 battery dies and we purchase this phone unlocked and off-contract (International version) to use on t-mobile, how do we replace the battery?

since warranty might not be there due to international purchase and back cover is not removable and battery replacable, how do we go about it?

any ideas?

thanks
I've seen a really detailed (yet simplistic) video breakdown on youtube on how to open the Lumia 900 to replace the screen and the battery. I imagine videos will start to pop up about the Lumia 920 specifically for repairs and part replacement.

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Well rebooting the phone did improve battery life, but not by much. Still went down 9% in an hour with the phone mostly in standby and nothing running in the background. Now this morning, after 50min and some texting/emailing the battery is still at 100%. Either software glitch or something's wrong with the phone. Gonna try a restore tonight to see if that fixes it.

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Well rebooting the phone did improve battery life, but not by much. Still went down 9% in an hour with the phone mostly in standby and nothing running in the background. Now this morning, after 50min and some texting/emailing the battery is still at 100%. Either software glitch or something's wrong with the phone. Gonna try a restore tonight to see if that fixes it.

The battery does indeed stay at 100% for a longer period of time before starting to drop off.

However, I have absolutely no battery problems with mine. It's fantastic.

Try a reset like you said.

Yakkaimono

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm very happy with the battery life of mine. Much better than the 800 was. After 9 hours it's at 30% with 1h music playback, a bit less than 2h browsing, 1 1/2h constant whatsapp chatting in which the screen was always on and generally a bit of playing around with the settings and stuff and some pics.

The web browsing and chatting was mostly on 3G while in a train where the network usually is pretty bad. So I think the 920 handled itself fantastically.
Oh yea and screen was on low brightness.

hary536

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site

any ideas?

thanks

You can get a square trade warranty, I believe, if you are in US.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs