The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
11-07-2012 11:56 AM
234 ... 78910
tools
    Yeah, no charger for me and wouldn't be surprised if the chat rep thinks you mean a traditional charger... For a "wireless" phone! Hahaha.

At the submit page and it doesn't tell me when this would even ship... Yeah I should just go to an att store tomorrow, right?
    11-07-2012 02:53 AM
    Shauna: Try adding the charger to your cart it should discount it.
    Dustin: I can't find the charger. It's no where on the accessories
    Dustin: can you send a link to it?
    Shauna: Okay this is what we need to do. Place the order online for the phone then contact the order team at 866-391-0749 they open at 7am to make sure you get your free charger.
    11-07-2012 02:56 AM
    Lenie: Welcome to AT&T online Sales support. How may I assist you with placing your order today?

Russell: Hi, I'm interested in upgrading to a Lumia 920. Now I saw I can get a free wireless Qi charging pad with it. I just want to know how to go about that?

Lenie: Hello Russell, it will be shipped with your order once you have purchased the phone.

Russell: Ok so it deff. comes with it? I don't got to add it when I'm in the accessories section when I'm pre-ordering?

Lenie: No sir, I've been telling the customer to also call Customer Care in the morning so they can note the account.
    awesomeplant likes this.
    11-07-2012 03:03 AM
    Gonna take that gamble too, Russell. Thanks for the info. Order placed for my red 920.. Ships the 8th overnight... Hopefully with a charger!

I may stop by my AT&T store tomorrow anyway just to see if they recommend I preorder with them instead (and if they can guarantee pickup on the 9th).

And finally... Good night!
    Russell11 likes this.
    11-07-2012 03:29 AM
    Gonna take that gamble too, Russell. Thanks for the info. Order placed for my red 920.. Ships the 8th overnight... Hopefully with a charger!

I may stop by my AT&T store tomorrow anyway just to see if they recommend I preorder with them instead (and if they can guarantee pickup on the 9th).

I second that last bit. :D
    11-07-2012 03:36 AM
    Lenie: No sir, I've been telling the customer to also call Customer Care in the morning so they can note the account.
    I chatted with Lenie as well and he told me the same thing. So I'll be calling in a few hours...

Doc
    11-07-2012 03:39 AM
    I chatted with Lenie as well and he told me the same thing. So I'll be calling in a few hours...

Doc
    Take a nap lol
    11-07-2012 03:42 AM
    I ordered through the premier website because my company gets 5% off the voice plan (which came out to a whopping $2/month off) and a $25 instant credit. I ordered the cyan 920 and added the black wireless charging plate and black wireless charging stand to my cart. The plate was discounted the full price. Can't wait for the 9th!!!!!!!!!
    11-07-2012 03:50 AM
    Just preordered a white Lumia 920 for $99, nothing was mentioned about a free charging plate. I talked to Sales Chat, they said this offer is not available at this time (WTF?!?!) and he couldn't tell me when it would be available. I'm not premier, im on a family plan.
    11-07-2012 03:52 AM
    Lenie confirmed to me in writing that the charger is included. Took a screenshot for records.

Ordered my lumia 920 red!

Your order is scheduled to be shipped on November 8, 2012.
    11-07-2012 04:11 AM
    Go Lenie!
    So a wireless charger should come with all ATT preorders?
    11-07-2012 04:13 AM
    Lenie confirmed to me in writing that the charger is included. Took a screenshot for records.

Ordered my lumia 920 red!

Your order is scheduled to be shipped on November 8, 2012.

I may be inferring too much here, but are you 100% absolutely sure that a screenshot of unsigned text in a chat window with a customer service rep has protection under contract law?
    11-07-2012 04:19 AM
    I may be inferring too much here, but are you 100% absolutely sure that a screenshot of unsigned text in a chat window with a customer service rep has protection under contract law?
    Well in some states that may hold up but, probably not since At&t has all these legal disclaimers especially since they reserve the right to change preorders at any time. But I'm just gonna run "literally run down" (3 miles away nicejog!) to the At&t store and grab my new phone then have a nice leisurely stroll back. Opens at 9, but probably gonna call tomorrow to confirm.
    11-07-2012 04:29 AM
    So no free charger with a full price purchase?
    Seem to be getting this too, seems it is restricted to new contracts.
    Last edited by theefman; 11-07-2012 at 05:54 AM.
    11-07-2012 05:40 AM
    Just pre-ordered my yellow 920...

I told the AT&T chat rep that I may still just walk in on Friday morning and grab the black... I don't know if I can wait another 5 days to get the yellow...

No charging plate upon checkout. I was told to call in the morning... :/
    11-07-2012 06:12 AM
    I saw the no-commitment price is $450. Does this mean 100% off contract? I don't want to enter a contract with any telco, including AT&T.
    11-07-2012 06:25 AM
    When I was messing around last night, I had trouble finding the charging plate too. It was down in the middle of the accessories page, with no picture. I believe they had all colors listed, but none of them had an accompanying photo of the plate.
    11-07-2012 06:37 AM
    So I had to go through and select plan options rather than being able to keep my current plan stuff (I'm on my uncle's family plan, who works for AT&T) in order to get the $99. That's ****ing BULL ****, but hopefully I didn't break anything and my uncle can fix it later.
    11-07-2012 06:51 AM
    I just ordered my cyan. It wasn't a fun experience. I had to be at work by 8 and I finished ordering at 750. I had a slight issue with my plan. I have an iPhones 4s and 3gs and I'm upgrading the 3gs to the 920.i had a chat rep who said I didn't need to at a messaging plan because my account already has 1 and I had to change my data to a lte data thingy. I didn't choose the messaging plan but I'm going to call them now and go over it with them. I didn't get the charging pad. It wa nowhere to be found. My order was $108 total
    11-07-2012 07:28 AM
    So no free charger with a full price purchase?
    haven't been able to get it online. i think one of the guys who works at AT&T mentioned that in store if you bought it off contract that you'd get a free charger. if when i show up there on Friday and i don't get a free charger then i'm going Amazon Wireless to save on tax and wait on Nokia to send me my free wireless charger.

Still don't know for sure whether the free charger is something that AT&T is doing or Nokia is doing through AT&T. because if it's just AT&T maybe there's the possibility of getting two free wireless chargers. i'm not optimistic though.
    11-07-2012 07:30 AM
    Lumia 920 is available for preorder now at at&t website. Got free black charging plate.
    11-07-2012 07:37 AM

Aaand the gamble did not pay off.. Just talked to two different reps on the wireless orders support line, they had no idea how to help me. As far as they can tell they are just out of supplies now and there's nothing they can do.

Gonna visit my AT&T store when they open and see if I'm better off ordering through them and canceling the online order.
    11-07-2012 08:15 AM
    I'm still bummed about yellow shipping on Monday. High hopes for trading it in next week...

I can't even see the charging plate!
    11-07-2012 08:20 AM
    for those having issues locating the black wireless charging plate, I hope this helps. You should be able to scroll down about halfway on the accessories page and see the option to select the wireless charging plate. Still shows for me as of 8am PST

11-07-2012 10:00 AM
    Aaand the gamble did not pay off.. Just talked to two different reps on the wireless orders support line, they had no idea how to help me. As far as they can tell they are just out of supplies now and there's nothing they can do.

Gonna visit my AT&T store when they open and see if I'm better off ordering through them and canceling the online order.
    One more update, I went to my AT&T Store and they weren't familiar with the deal, but were very helpful. He was able to find the item number for the wireless charger and said worst case they'll just null it out when it comes to it. He suggested I cancel the online order and come in Friday morning. He said with Lumia's they don't usually sell out on the first day, so I should be fine...

Not exactly re-assuring, but honestly after the hassle of the website and the reps in chat/on the phone, it will give me pleasure to cancel the order and get the phone first thing on Friday. So I'm pretty sure that's what I'm going to do, when I get out of this meeting :) Now, I just hope they have red....... :/
    11-07-2012 10:01 AM
234 ... 78910
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD