I think they are going up online soon!

awesomeplant

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Gonna take that gamble too, Russell. Thanks for the info. Order placed for my red 920.. Ships the 8th overnight... Hopefully with a charger!

I may stop by my AT&T store tomorrow anyway just to see if they recommend I preorder with them instead (and if they can guarantee pickup on the 9th).

And finally... Good night!

Aaand the gamble did not pay off.. Just talked to two different reps on the wireless orders support line, they had no idea how to help me. As far as they can tell they are just out of supplies now and there's nothing they can do.

Gonna visit my AT&T store when they open and see if I'm better off ordering through them and canceling the online order.

mtbush

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
for those having issues locating the black wireless charging plate, I hope this helps. You should be able to scroll down about halfway on the accessories page and see the option to select the wireless charging plate. Still shows for me as of 8am PST

zaLwb.png

awesomeplant

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Aaand the gamble did not pay off.. Just talked to two different reps on the wireless orders support line, they had no idea how to help me. As far as they can tell they are just out of supplies now and there's nothing they can do.

Gonna visit my AT&T store when they open and see if I'm better off ordering through them and canceling the online order.

One more update, I went to my AT&T Store and they weren't familiar with the deal, but were very helpful. He was able to find the item number for the wireless charger and said worst case they'll just null it out when it comes to it. He suggested I cancel the online order and come in Friday morning. He said with Lumia's they don't usually sell out on the first day, so I should be fine...

Not exactly re-assuring, but honestly after the hassle of the website and the reps in chat/on the phone, it will give me pleasure to cancel the order and get the phone first thing on Friday. So I'm pretty sure that's what I'm going to do, when I get out of this meeting :) Now, I just hope they have red....... :/

Only Mama Knows

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I made the mistake of going through with my order at the $199 price thinking that it would be easy enough to resolve later. BIG MISTAKE. I've been on the phone with AT&T for over an hour now, was transferred between 4 different different departments, chatted with their solutions department, and was finally given a credit for the extra $100 + whatever the price for the charger were.

The solutions department claimed that I would have to update my rate plan to get the promotional price (I'm on a family plan from 07), but once I finally got the right person, they told me that I should be grandfathered in and did not need to change the plan.

AT&T is the worst. If only my wife's company gave a discount through someone else...

Guitarpik

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I've been on the phone with them now going on 2 hours.

The first woman assured me everything was good and when I got the confirmation email it listed the Lumia 900 for $99! WTF?

AT&T is a JOKE

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I just spoke to an AT&T rep again who said my account order was placed (yay) and comfirmed that if I don't receive a wireless charging plate that I can go to any core store and pick 1 of for free.

awesomeplant

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Some info I just learned from an AT&T rep which I added to the other thread about the chargers... I think this is the most re-assuring thing I've heard so far. I think I'll keep my pre-order, which I am expecting to arrive at my work on Friday. If the Wireless charger isn't included, I'll go visit my AT&T store and explain the situation and either return the phone and order with them, or (hopefully) they'll just give me a charger for free at the store.

Austin: I understand, Josh. Are you needing to cancel the order?
Josh: I think so... I was unable to add the wireless charger which was part of the promotion, but was advised to purchase it anyway and call support this morning. On the phone they said that they couldn't help me, so I think I want to cancel the order and handle it with AT&T in person.
Josh: Unless you have other information to advise, me, I think cancelling the order is what I need to do.
Austin: Ah, actually, you are alright, Josh!
Austin: Let me explain.
Austin: After many many customers asked questions about the charger this morning, corporate informed us that until we run out of stock, the charger is automatically included in your order.
Josh: Awesome! This is great information.
Austin: Definitely, Josh! I'm just glad they clarified that for us. Customers were very curious how that was going to work this morning.

cgooge14

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Just preordered the cyan and the page made sure I knew to add the black wireless charging plate. Arrival is on or around the 9th :)

STM 69

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Have any of you received confirmation that you will actually receive the preorder on the 9th? I just called to verify my order & was told they would have them in the warehouse on the 9th, meaning that's actually when it would be shipped - actual arrival would probably be the 12th.

Phone rep said if I wanted to be sure to have it on the 9th the best bet would be to pre-order or reserve in person at the store, but my local store said tey aren't doing that & won't guarantee availability at any specific time on 11/9 since they don't know if they will be in the shipment received 11/9, or 11/8. pain

Guitarpik

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I finally got them to give me a credit (she gave me a $180 credit!)

And then I ordered the phone and charger at full price $199 + $49.

Finalllllllllllllllly

Stadifer

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I know the only thing I've seen is that my order will ship on 11/8 per the small text on the email. I meant to select overnight shipping option to make sure I got it Friday but forgot to change it so it's coming priority.

I called the online order support department and they said the order was processed and is already at the warehouse so I couldn't change shipping to overnight. Oh well, it's ordered and it appears that it will ship by 11/8.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro