Free wireless chargers are already GONE!

jwckauman

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
NOT gone!!

They are NOT gone. Check it out. At first I didn't see the charging plate and figured I was too late. But i was persistent with my chat support agent and here's how it went down. This was at 12:33pm EST (after initial report were they were all sold out).

Me: I've picked out a White Nokia 920. Can you wave the $36 fee? If so, I'll upgrade right this moment.

Jeffrey Collins: I can definitely waive that for you.

Me: Also, I understand that the Nokia 920 comes with a free wireless charging pad. Is that true?

Jeffrey Collins: That is something that in need to double check, give me a moment. Thanks

Jeffrey Collins: For the charging pad James it is being sold separately.

Me: Do you have any information about the free wireless charging pad offer? Are you aware of that?

Jeffrey Collins: Yes let me double check it for you.

Me: Many others I am talking with online were able to get one.

Jeffrey Collins: Let me check it with our sales team.

Jeffrey Collins: Yes let me double check it for you.

Me: Many others I am talking with online were able to get one.

Jeffrey Collins: Let me check it with our sales team.

Jeffrey Collins: I have talked to my manager and because you've been a very loyal customer to us, we will be sending you a FREE charging plate. We will call you on 11/09/2012 to give the confirmation number.

Jeffrey Collins: Ok so expect a free charging plate for FREE and thank you for placing your order. And I wanted to take this opportunity of simply saying "Thank You" for being a very loyal customer of AT&T and We are looking forward of doing business with you forever!!

anon(157335)

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I just started a chat with Heather at AT&T and she immediately replied by saying that the charging plate is not available.

She didn't elaborate, but she did tell me twice to check back later today for some reason.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
They told me that it is NOT available IF you want to order it separately. But that they will be shipped with Lumia 920 orders regardless of if you purchased one.

pedro0223

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I just pre-ordered in my local store and the in-store system wasn't setup for the Promo. My agent said their either shipping it automatically with the order or they'll give me one from stock that day.

I'll report back what happens on Friday.

wpcautobot

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Pre Ordered through ATT site

I just preordered two 920's. One Cyan. The other Red. They have the charging pad available for free on that site. Although only the black. I wish they allowed the colored charging pad for free.

NadZilla80

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
This is maddening. There is so much conflicting info being tossed around.

I can't find the charging plates anywhere on the accessories page and am not getting any popups to add one to my order.

Half the people that have talked to a CS rep are saying a charging plate will be shipped regardless and the other half are saying if you didn't add to your order you are SOL. The one I just talked to had no friggin idea what I was talking about.

I wish someone from WPCentral would contact AT&T and find out the strait poop and give all of us who apparently see a different AT&T website than the rest of the world a definitive answer on what's going on.

dustin337

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
This is maddening. There is so much conflicting info being tossed around.

I can't find the charging plates anywhere on the accessories page and am not getting any popups to add one to my order.

Half the people that have talked to a CS rep are saying a charging plate will be shipped regardless and the other half are saying if you didn't add to your order you are SOL. The one I just talked to had no friggin idea what I was talking about.

I wish someone from WPCentral would contact AT&T and find out the strait poop and give all of us who apparently see a different AT&T website than the rest of the world a definitive answer on what's going on.

I've talked to several reps both on the phone and online. I've talked to 3 that seemed very knowledgeable of the situation and assured me I will be receiving a charging plate with the phone on Friday. There was a bunch of confusion, and corporate sent out a memo to clarify it all. So it should be taken care of.

JRSD

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I just checked on my Premier account. The charging plate still shows as available, and lets me add it to my cart.

BlobDude

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
When I added the Lumia 920 to the cart on my Premier account about an hour and a half ago (around 1:30pm EST), it prompted me with the free charging plate deal and told me to just add it to my cart with the phone and it would be discounted to $0.

anon(157335)

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Apparently only Premiere customers are seeing that.

Disappointing. Well, hopefully that site that WPCentral linked to is legit and will go live on the 16th.

BlobDude

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Weird. I don't even know why my account is Premier. When they told me they offered discounts for employees of certain companies, I verified to get my lowly 8%, but does that convert me to a premiere customer?

yeah3x

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Here is my chat experience. Note I am on ATT Premier.

You are now chatting with 'Adrian P.'

Adrian P.: Welcome to AT&T Premier Support. I am reviewing your pre-chat questionnaire and will be right with you.

Adrian P.: Just to clarify your concern, the discounts for the free black wireless charging plate/pad are not applying through your cart. Is this correct?
Nick: yes a pop up window tells me to "Purchase Nokia Lumia 920 and receive a FREE Black Nokia DT-900 Wireless Charging Plate. Nokia Lumia 920 and Wireless Charging Plate must be added to the cart to qualify as it will not be automatically added or shipped"
Nick: I added it to the cart and at checkout it still shows $50.00
Adrian P.: Thank you so much for clarifying your concern.
Adrian P.: I'll be more than happy to assist you with this.
Adrian P.: In regards to your concern, you can place your order at a later time to see the discounts applied on your cart for the charger or you can proceed on your upgrade process without adding the charger into your cart and order the charger on the 11-09-2012 date.
Nick: So I can preorder the phone today without the charger, and on November 9th I can order the charger for the discount price?
Adrian P.: Yes that is correct or you can place your order at a later time.
Nick: Ok thank you.

lennyk1313

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I placed my preorder early in the morning and did not see an option for wireless charger (non Premiere). I called AT&T and spoke with a nice lady, and she told me that the order system is a little bit of a mess and that the promo is still ongoing and have not heard otherwise. She noted my account but told me to watch my status of the order, and once it has been processed to double check it. If the wireless pad is not part of the order to call them back to resolve it.

NadZilla80

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I've confirmed that only premiere customers can see the charging plates. Just tried entering my employee email and it turns out that my employer is a member and I am eligible for a premiere account.

Sure enough went to the devices page and there is info about the charging plate offer all over the place and added it right into my cart no prob.

This has to just be a hiccup in their system. They can't really only be offering this to premiere customers.

homegeek

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I placed my order by phone at around 2:30 am CST this morning. I specifically asked the rep to make sure he added the charging plate to my order. When I got my order confirmation email a few hours later there was no charging plate mentioned. I called up ATT and talked to a sales rep. She got it straightened out and I just got my confirmation that my free wireless charging plate has now been ordered.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett