11-12-2012 09:25 PM
48 12
tools
    I just preordered two 920's. One Cyan. The other Red. They have the charging pad available for free on that site. Although only the black. I wish they allowed the colored charging pad for free.
    11-07-2012 12:38 PM
    cant complain about free though...
    11-07-2012 12:55 PM
    I just preordered two 920's. One Cyan. The other Red. They have the charging pad available for free on that site. Although only the black. I wish they allowed the colored charging pad for free.
    Which site? It still doesn't show up on AT&T's site for me.
    11-07-2012 01:07 PM
    This is maddening. There is so much conflicting info being tossed around.

I can't find the charging plates anywhere on the accessories page and am not getting any popups to add one to my order.

Half the people that have talked to a CS rep are saying a charging plate will be shipped regardless and the other half are saying if you didn't add to your order you are SOL. The one I just talked to had no friggin idea what I was talking about.

I wish someone from WPCentral would contact AT&T and find out the strait poop and give all of us who apparently see a different AT&T website than the rest of the world a definitive answer on what's going on.
    ProfessorTripp likes this.
    11-07-2012 01:14 PM
    This is maddening. There is so much conflicting info being tossed around.

I can't find the charging plates anywhere on the accessories page and am not getting any popups to add one to my order.

Half the people that have talked to a CS rep are saying a charging plate will be shipped regardless and the other half are saying if you didn't add to your order you are SOL. The one I just talked to had no friggin idea what I was talking about.

I wish someone from WPCentral would contact AT&T and find out the strait poop and give all of us who apparently see a different AT&T website than the rest of the world a definitive answer on what's going on.

I've talked to several reps both on the phone and online. I've talked to 3 that seemed very knowledgeable of the situation and assured me I will be receiving a charging plate with the phone on Friday. There was a bunch of confusion, and corporate sent out a memo to clarify it all. So it should be taken care of.
    11-07-2012 01:26 PM
    I just checked on my Premier account. The charging plate still shows as available, and lets me add it to my cart.
    11-07-2012 01:42 PM
    Is a free charging pad only for pre-orders online or can I get one when I buy it at the store?
    11-07-2012 01:51 PM
    When I added the Lumia 920 to the cart on my Premier account about an hour and a half ago (around 1:30pm EST), it prompted me with the free charging plate deal and told me to just add it to my cart with the phone and it would be discounted to $0.
    11-07-2012 01:52 PM
    Apparently only Premiere customers are seeing that.

Disappointing. Well, hopefully that site that WPCentral linked to is legit and will go live on the 16th.
    11-07-2012 01:54 PM
    I just ordered two (one upgrade and one new) through Premier. The wireless chargers are still available.
    11-07-2012 01:56 PM
    Weird. I don't even know why my account is Premier. When they told me they offered discounts for employees of certain companies, I verified to get my lowly 8%, but does that convert me to a premiere customer?
    11-07-2012 01:56 PM
    Here is my chat experience. Note I am on ATT Premier.

You are now chatting with 'Adrian P.'

Adrian P.: Welcome to AT&T Premier Support. I am reviewing your pre-chat questionnaire and will be right with you.

Adrian P.: Just to clarify your concern, the discounts for the free black wireless charging plate/pad are not applying through your cart. Is this correct?
    Nick: yes a pop up window tells me to "Purchase Nokia Lumia 920 and receive a FREE Black Nokia DT-900 Wireless Charging Plate. Nokia Lumia 920 and Wireless Charging Plate must be added to the cart to qualify as it will not be automatically added or shipped"
    Nick: I added it to the cart and at checkout it still shows $50.00
    Adrian P.: Thank you so much for clarifying your concern.
    Adrian P.: I'll be more than happy to assist you with this.
    Adrian P.: In regards to your concern, you can place your order at a later time to see the discounts applied on your cart for the charger or you can proceed on your upgrade process without adding the charger into your cart and order the charger on the 11-09-2012 date.
    Nick: So I can preorder the phone today without the charger, and on November 9th I can order the charger for the discount price?
    Adrian P.: Yes that is correct or you can place your order at a later time.
    Nick: Ok thank you.
    11-07-2012 02:00 PM
    I placed my preorder early in the morning and did not see an option for wireless charger (non Premiere). I called AT&T and spoke with a nice lady, and she told me that the order system is a little bit of a mess and that the promo is still ongoing and have not heard otherwise. She noted my account but told me to watch my status of the order, and once it has been processed to double check it. If the wireless pad is not part of the order to call them back to resolve it.
    11-07-2012 02:19 PM
    Ok, I've confirmed that only premiere customers can see the charging plates. Just tried entering my employee email and it turns out that my employer is a member and I am eligible for a premiere account.

Sure enough went to the devices page and there is info about the charging plate offer all over the place and added it right into my cart no prob.

This has to just be a hiccup in their system. They can't really only be offering this to premiere customers.
    11-07-2012 02:57 PM
    I placed my order by phone at around 2:30 am CST this morning. I specifically asked the rep to make sure he added the charging plate to my order. When I got my order confirmation email a few hours later there was no charging plate mentioned. I called up ATT and talked to a sales rep. She got it straightened out and I just got my confirmation that my free wireless charging plate has now been ordered.
    11-07-2012 03:12 PM
    I just called and the representative said that the offer is no longer available due to limited quantity. What a bunch of BS! Regular customers weren't able to order until 3 or 4 am and now there's no more charger. Bad business practice at its best.
    11-07-2012 03:46 PM
    I just called and the representative said that the offer is no longer available due to limited quantity. What a bunch of BS! Regular customers weren't able to order until 3 or 4 am and now there's no more charger. Bad business practice at its best.
    I am a regular customer (not premiere) and I was able to get the charging plate by calling the sales department.
    11-07-2012 04:07 PM
    Wireless charging plates are NOT gone. If you're calling in to speak to a csr, it just depends on how diligent the rep will be in finding it. The rep I spoke to and actually placed my order had to call me back an hour later to dig up the sku for the charging plate. That indicates they have them in stock but whatever 'system' they're using is having issues. Keep trying and good luck!
    11-07-2012 04:18 PM
    I'm dialing 611 and every one of the rep so far said they aren't able to add it to my order for free. Granted I ordered at 3am eastern in the morning.
    11-07-2012 04:24 PM
    Weird. I don't even know why my account is Premier. When they told me they offered discounts for employees of certain companies, I verified to get my lowly 8%, but does that convert me to a premiere customer?
    Yes. That's what makes you a premier customer, regardless of the % you get off.

I get 30% off, which is the highest I've seen so far.

I may just pre-order online as my boy is 20-30 mins away. If it's snowing then, I'd rather it get delivered.
    11-07-2012 04:49 PM
    I've seen references here to the nokiafreecharger.com site and it is most likely a scam. The domain is registered to someone going by the name Adrian Harris in Great Britain with an email address of phil.mill through 1 & 1 Internet (Whois nokiafreecharger.com) . In contrast, nokia.com is registered to Nokia Corporation though MarkMonitor/Thomson Reuters (Whois nokia.com).
    11-12-2012 01:53 PM
    I've seen references here to the nokiafreecharger.com site and it is most likely a scam.
    Well, I might be wrong about this :blush:. The site isn't owned by Nokia but that doesn't mean they didn't contract with some other company to handle the promotion. That seems pretty common. The page's graphics are poorly scaled which makes it look like a fake. And I don't see a reference to it on Nokia's press release site. However, I did find some second hand posts that this is an offer for European customers and is being handled by a company that did a similar offer for another one of their products.

The AT&T offer is supposed to run though January so maybe they will restock soon. I guess we'll just have to wait a few days to see if this free chargers site is legit and applicable.
    11-12-2012 08:24 PM
    At&t needs to sort their info out!

I ordered today, but it was a headache. The premier site was telling me to add the Charging Plate to my cart, but since they are sold out, they do not have a "add" button. So I called in my order.

When I first asked about the charging plate the CSR didn't have a clue what I was talking about. "Yeah, it comes with a charger". I finally got him the SKU and he couldn't find any promo information. Unable to help, he then sent me to a Premier CSR.
    The Premier CSR then read off an internal email saying the promotion was only while supplies lasted, and since they were out, I would not be getting one. I hung up on that CSR.
    Thankfully, the original CSR I talked to called me back a minute later and I could hear his supervisor next to him telling him what to say. They found the information on the Promo, and the Charging Plate WILL ship with the Phone. Though, they made sure to let me know they were doing me a favor like it was an exception. :dry

ps, If you order online off their normal site, the Charging Plate is auto added to your cart. (I mentioned this to all of the Phone Reps I talked to, but they didn't seem to care)
    11-12-2012 09:25 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD