vibration motor rattling?

corsica

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
hi there,
I checked out the 920 in my local techstore today. Gorgeous device for sure, but wenn I plugged in the charging cable (which was also pretty loose, but I'll chalk that up to the cable) and the phone vibrated shortly I could clearly hear the motor inside rattling, as though it wasn't properly fastened to the device's innards.

does anybody else has this? I'm quite concerned by it because as little of an issue this is, I absolutely detest the sound that it produces. It makes the whole device seem badly built in my eyes.

eallan

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
The first Lumia, and it sounds like this one :( , use a rotational vibrator rather than a linear one. It's unfortunate, linear is so much smoother.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
hi there,
I checked out the 920 in my local techstore today. Gorgeous device for sure, but wenn I plugged in the charging cable (which was also pretty loose, but I'll chalk that up to the cable) and the phone vibrated shortly I could clearly hear the motor inside rattling, as though it wasn't properly fastened to the device's innards.

does anybody else has this? I'm quite concerned by it because as little of an issue this is, I absolutely detest the sound that it produces. It makes the whole device seem badly built in my eyes.

May I ask where you're located? You're lucky you have it in stores already.

aessing

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Just to complete this thread.

Have mine from Oldenburg, Germany... and it is rattling too. :mad: Trying to contact Nokia at the Moment, because of this behavior.

It lets me get a feeling of a cheap production for this awesome phone.

Greetings,

Andre

Ethere

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Ugh, I was really hoping this would be fixed. I hated this in my 900. It may sway my decision to look elsewhere. It's almost like nails on a chalkboard.

PhilR8

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
I guess I'm the only one who doesn't mind the vibration sound/feel of my Lumia 900. I like that it's loud and distinct, since I never use a ringtone anyway.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
btw, not all 900s have the same vibrate sound. I had two blacks and a white, one of the blacks and the white both had the loud, rattle vibrate; my current black has the normal, non-rattle vibrate.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss