Went to my local AT&T and got to feel the weight in person

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, a co-worker of mine got his Lumia 920 at Microsoft's build conference. Seriously, it is NOT heavy. It actually feels on par with the Lumia 900. You can balance the phone with one finger if you hold it down the middle. That means the weight is equally distributed through out the phone. Comparing it with my 900, it actually looks slightly thinner too.

NO WAI BRO

It's called 920 because it weighs 920 ounces.

Also it takes blurry pixelated 0.3 mp pictures in daylight.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Maybe "man the **** up" should be a salespersons statement to potential customers of a phone that weighs almost twice as much as a new iPhone.

TexasLabRat

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
BREAKING NEWS: I was at the beach earlier and dropped my Lumia 920 in the water. A Tsunami Warning has since been issued for the entire Eastern seaboard.

BREAKING NEWS: wpcentral forums user "hasasimo" has just inadvertently revealed himself as Superman by admitting the tsunami warning was of his doing by way of lifting a Lumia 920 off the ground and dropping it into sea. Scientists are still debating as to the physics behind such a feat (it was previously assumed that once a 920 was created that it was a permanent fixture to the earth at the point of manufacture)...and whether we should worry about damage to the tectonic plates of the earth once more of these devices are distributed throughout the world.

vp710

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
tumblr_mc6102GTl41rq3b5ko1_500.png

Gken

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, I've been working out with 30 pound free weights, and been working overtime for the massive shipping charges that will be incurred when I order it. Think I'll be alright, I have a pharmacist friend that can get me some anabolic steroids if I need them. Put him on speed dial?

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Notice how iPhans are ridiculing features(wireless charging, super sensitive touch, PureMotion HD+) that would be hailed as "revolutionary" if the iPhone had it first.

TexasLabRat

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I think the combined gravitational forces from the 920s will attract all the asteriods to Earth.

Good theory..that accounts for the delay from release date until the end of the Mayan calendar..it takes a little time for all the asteroids to be flung across the solar system.

Another possibility is that continued production of the 920 will concentrate enough mass inside distribution warehouses to create a singularity (ie black hole) that will fall through the crust to the core and slowly consume the earth from the inside out.

TexasLabRat

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
What do you think is more dense. The 920 or a black hole? Does the 920 contain the higgs boson particle?

versus a single 920...black hole as I have not seen any evidence of light bending near the event horizon of the 920. However..it's plausible that the careful tuning of the individual masses of the various models of the 920 is how they achieve the palette of colors offered. They claim it is colored resin but in actuality it is carefully engineered gravity lensing.

But as my prior post postulates..A large group of 920's all together in the same place would likely form a full-blown singularity and thus would be a black hole. This is why only 40 phones were released in Canada.

anon(5339110)

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
After many phone calls to AT&T, and ultimately, Nokia, I finally talked to a very senior supervisor (I promised not to mention names), and have the answer to why the launch of the Lumia 920 has been plagued with so many delays:

It seems the shear size and weight of the 920 necessitates the shipping of just one device at a time. Remarkable, really. I guess much of the criticism from the tech reviewers may have been justified, after all...

(note, this is not a picture of my 920 in transit, as I ordered a black one)

NokiaLumia920ShippingUpdate.jpg

chevans920

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
After many phone calls to AT&T, and ultimately, Nokia, I finally talked to a very senior supervisor (I promised not to mention names), and have the answer to why the launch of the Lumia 920 has been plagued with so many delays:

It seems the shear size and weight of the 920 necessitates the shipping of just one device at a time. Remarkable, really. I guess much of the criticism from the tech reviewers may have been justified, after all...

(note, this is not a picture of my 920 in transit, as I ordered a black one)

Click to view quoted image

Looks like I'll need to upgrade to this! I can set my tiles to red, so both toys match:lol:
tumblr_m6tfruUk2K1qambw9o1_1280.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99