Went to my local AT&T and got to feel the weight in person

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
I figure I'll be on par with the Saiyans after several months with my 920 considering the massive gravity well I will exist in carrying it around non stop.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I figure I'll be on par with the Saiyans after several months with my 920 considering the massive gravity well I will exist in carrying it around non stop.

QR366.jpg

ricardios

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Went to the AT&T store and the 920 weight wasn't not bad at all, even considering it had the security wire stuck on.

I was disappointed in the presentation of the W8 phones. Only the 920 was on display to play with, plus two empty displays for 8x and 820. Don't know who's dropping the ball on getting WP8 - carrier, OEM, or Microsoft...

anon(5354375)

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
$198 (two 920s) over the course of two years equates to a monthly gym fee of only $8.25, which is a bargain.

Just be careful and make sure to have a spotter on site, Nokia doesn't need bad press right now.

Thanks for the warning. I will be careful.

It's too late. If you haven't been lifting already, Bro, your doomed. No way you can pick up one L920 let alone 2!

I am afraid of that too. I hope it's not too late :'(

thecaringkind

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Just got my Matte Black Lumia 920 today and I must say...its a SWEET piece of kit! The size and weight issues brought up by a couple of tech writers is WAY overblown. Is it light? No. Does it have to be? NO. Its a SOLID device that feels good in the hand. As a matter of fact when I recently picked up an iPhone 5 I couldn't help feeling like I would break the thing just holding it! Sometimes I really wonder about the folks doing these tech reviews...:cool:

pvcleave

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I was very surprised by the weight. I think it is very light. I was worried, even though people on here were saying it was not bad, I thought it was just fan-boys defending the phone. It is light, it is 6.5 ounces, it may be an ounce or two heavier than some phones, but that is still light.

I think I can pick up 6 ounces with one hand

krisguy

VR Expert
Sep 30, 2007
Visit site
Yeah, a co-worker of mine got his Lumia 920 at Microsoft's build conference. Seriously, it is NOT heavy. It actually feels on par with the Lumia 900. You can balance the phone with one finger if you hold it down the middle. That means the weight is equally distributed through out the phone. Comparing it with my 900, it actually looks slightly thinner too.

Totally accurate description. 820 feels more plasticy, and the 8X, just feels weird. The edges of that phone are so thin, it felt like it was going to slice my fingers off.

The 920 is the real deal. If the weight is a problem, hit the @#$*# gym. LOL

krisguy

VR Expert
Sep 30, 2007
Visit site
Just got my Matte Black Lumia 920 today and I must say...its a SWEET piece of kit! The size and weight issues brought up by a couple of tech writers is WAY overblown. Is it light? No. Does it have to be? NO. Its a SOLID device that feels good in the hand. As a matter of fact when I recently picked up an iPhone 5 I couldn't help feeling like I would break the thing just holding it! Sometimes I really wonder about the folks doing these tech reviews...:cool:

It feels more even in my hand than my wife's 4S and my Atrix HD. And I got the yellow one! Really glossy look.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I was very surprised by the weight. I think it is very light. I was worried, even though people on here were saying it was not bad, I thought it was just fan-boys defending the phone. It is light, it is 6.5 ounces, it may be an ounce or two heavier than some phones, but that is still light.

I think I can pick up 6 ounces with one hand

I don't suppose your skin happens to be... GREEN?

anon(5324511)

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I didn't even bother holding my red lumia 920 at the store yesterday...I just had them forklight it straight to the back of the truck!! Now, waiting for the friends to come over so we can haul it into the house!! =)

e24mpwr

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
If I concentrate, I can feel the difference between the matte black Lumina 920 I picked up yesterday and the iPhone 4 it replaces. It is obviously a fair bit bigger, too.

I was prepared to be a little put off by both, but I'm not. This thing is really, really nice.

It is my first Nokia phone - I'm highly impressed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans