The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
11-19-2012 10:45 AM
1,039 ... 2627282930 ...
tools
    Well, it looks like USPS tracking is actually working for once... As of 3:55am my phone was processed by the Memphis, TN USPS facility. Alas, since I live in Vancouver, WA it looks like the earliest I'll get it is Saturday.

Would be nice if USPS gave ETA's... Oh well. Just another 24 to 72 hours before it arrives. If I didn't like Cyan so darn much I'd be stalking an AT&T store right now! :)
    11-09-2012 08:55 AM
    If it shows "cancelled" definitely call them. You may get bounced around, but be firm about getting your problem resolved. It's true nice guys finish last, because I was extremely nice all the other times I called and when I went to the store. That ship has sailed. I hate to berate people over the phone, but sometimes you have to lose your cool to get proper service. Being patient won't help in this case, because your phone WILL NOT SHIP as long as that "cancelled" crap is showing even if the order number still shows processing.

Worse case scenario they should knock a few dollars off your bill for your trouble.
    I know many people use this tactic but I disagree. Yes you need to be firm but screaming and berating although it may make you feel better. In most cases doesn't get as much done as being civil. Realize that the customer service rep is working under specific guidelines. You can get around them much easier by being patient and working with them. You need to guide them to get what you want.
    11-09-2012 09:12 AM
    I decide to step back from the ledge and just get a black in store. Really I just wanted a matte phone but realistically black will go better with all tile color variations including green when I want to rep my Celtics. I still got absolutely bent over by at&t and Verizon has better plans and service here, but I just can't go with the 8X. I hate the back of it and the top bezel size.
    Because AT&T's site still showed mine as processing this morning and my card still showed it was just a temporary hold I went in this morning at 9:00 and bought a black 920. The people in the store were very helpful and were actually able to let me get an early upgrade (the iPhone style ones) so I paid about $130 LESS than I was going to pay with my pre-order through the site.

All in all I've decided to never pre-order through anyone again. First Best Buy and their $599 price, and now the AT&T site with their doubtful shipping.

But, I've got my 920 and I'm pretty happy so far. My charging plate is ordered and shipping to me in about a week, and the store reps even pointed out that my broken car charger was still under warranty and gave me a new one in exchange for it.

I didn't get my ferrari red that I wanted, but the matte on the black looks awesome.
    Nothing here yet, best case scenario I might be able to pick it up at the post office.. worst case scenario is I'll have to wait til tomorrow :\ Anything over there in NC? lol
    Nothing yet. I'm at work today, so I'll have the wife check the mailbox/doorstep around noon.

I noticed that the status hasn't changed yet. How frustrating!!
    Nothing yet. I'm at work today, so I'll have the wife check the mailbox/doorstep around noon.

I noticed that the status hasn't changed yet. How frustrating!!
    I know right.. Need more information where my baby is!
    11-09-2012 09:13 AM
    Hi All,

I ordered mine on Nov 7th (10 am) Black N920 and it still showed processing. Went to near by store on Park Ave, NY and cancelled it and got the one they had in stock. I must say its awesome and not heavy et all as critics were complaining about it. I would suggest check out the local stores I am sure they have it and may be you will be the lucky one ;)
    11-09-2012 09:25 AM
    I know right.. Need more information where my baby is!
    Some people are talking about going to the store and picking one up (and returning the other). Is that worth all the pain to get it a day or so earlier? I've got the urge... :P
    11-09-2012 09:33 AM
    I ordered mine late Wednesday (2pm PST) and according to the tracking page, I will be receiving my Cyan 920 by 3:00 pm :D The charging plate didn't ship but I'm assuming that'll come next week.
    11-09-2012 09:33 AM
    Some people are talking about going to the store and picking one up (and returning the other). Is that worth all the pain to get it a day or so earlier? I've got the urge... :P
    No I must have my cyan!
    11-09-2012 09:34 AM
    I walked in the store and picked one up with no issues. The delivery from FedEx might as well stay in Memphis but I have to refuse it in person they say.
    11-09-2012 09:37 AM
    Someone told me the line was at 2 hours at a store here in Dallas.

Got my tracking info last night. Mine is coming from Memphis. Why couldn't I get it from Ft Worth? That makes no sense.
    11-09-2012 09:41 AM
    Someone told me the line was at 2 hours at a store here in Dallas.

Got my tracking info last night. Mine is coming from Memphis. Why couldn't I get it from Ft Worth? That makes no sense.

2 hours?!? That's crazy.
    11-09-2012 09:46 AM
    Damn UPS truck rolling around my area, but no FedEx yet. I'm so impatient.
    11-09-2012 09:48 AM
    2 hours?!? That's crazy.
    He cleared it up some. Said there was 13 to 15 people wanting phones. But only one salesperson doing the wp8 phones. Said the other 5 or 6 sales people were standing around in case someone came in for anything else.
    11-09-2012 09:59 AM
    looks like mine will show up tomorrow... through usps

Expected Delivery By:
    November 10, 2012

the bad thing is that this thing is going to my work but we do not work on saturdays... I think that when they make an attempt and then tomorrow i will just go to the post office with the tracking info and will pick it up
    11-09-2012 10:01 AM
    IME, you cannot pick it up till the day after the attempt is made...

They need time for the car to finish its route and come back to the distribution center and unload.

Maybe check with your mail carrier today and see if its possible for her to not take the package with her tomorrow...
    11-09-2012 10:08 AM
    Sit tight guys! I've been processing since Wednesday afternoon and my cyan was shipped this morning. Not coming until Tuesday though :/

I guess that's a good thing, I have a few extra days to hit the gym ;)
    Last edited by Guitarpik; 11-09-2012 at 10:24 AM.
    11-09-2012 10:11 AM
    I heard the pre-order for the iPhone 5 was horrible as well.

Which status page is everyone referencing? Are you all logging into AT&T's website and clicking on "My Orders" or are you going to wireless.att.com/order_status/order_status ? One site says Shipment pending and the other says order processing. WTH.
    11-09-2012 10:12 AM
    FWIW, I also placed an order for wife on the same day. She is getting a Samsung Galaxy Note II. It shipped shortly before my Nokia did, and i did get this message today. Expected Delivery By: November 10, 2012

I'm at least hoping that i get the same status in the next few hours. If it will arrive tomorrow, I will wait for it. If not, there is **** to pay!! :mad:
    11-09-2012 10:13 AM
    3:56 am On FedEx vehicle for delivery

Can't wait!!
    11-09-2012 10:18 AM
    Is that USPS and 2 day shipping?
    11-09-2012 10:19 AM
    Hahahaha, I love being patronized in the morning.

Daniela: Mr, Cook the phone did not come out until today so your phone will possibly ship out today. The advantage is that all the customers that purchased there phone today wont receiving until 5-7 business days.

From my confirmation email....

Your order was placed: 03:21 AM CST November 07, 2012

..Your order is scheduled to be shipped on November 8, 2012.

I ordered overnight delivery. Site still just says "Processing." If it's not here by lunch I'm calling my at&t store to see if they've got any reds left :(
    eallan likes this.
    11-09-2012 10:19 AM
    Called my local store just for the heck of it, even though mine is on the truck for delivery, to inquire about colors and they said all they received were black...
    11-09-2012 10:21 AM
    Man so after delay after delay I decided to cancel my original order for Cyan, seems its back ordered and no one can give me info as to when it will be available again. I may have to go with black this time =/

Very badly handled pre release also.
    11-09-2012 10:30 AM
    Is that USPS and 2 day shipping?
    I was told it was "Standard Shipping". I get different answers about how long it takes. One support tech said 1-3 business days. Another said 2-5 days.

For comparison

Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Ordered 11/7/2012 @ 7pm
    Acceptance: November 08, 2012, 10:02 am
    Processed through USPS Sort Facility: November 08, 2012, 7:53 pm
    Electronic Shipping Info Received: November 09, 2012
    Expected Delivery By: November 10, 2012

Nokia Lumia
    Ordered 11/7/2012 @ 11am
    Acceptance: November 08, 2012, 6:41 pm
    Processed through USPS Sort Facility: November 09, 2012, 4:25 am
    Electronic Shipping Info Received: ????
    Expected Delivery By: ????

There seems to be a 8-9 hour lag between the two orders. Since I just got a status update an hour ago for the Samsung, I would expect the Nokia status update around 6-7pm. Hopefully it will still say expected delivery by Nov 10th. If it's the 12th, boy am i going to be pissed.
    11-09-2012 10:31 AM
1,039 ... 2627282930 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD