The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
11-19-2012 10:45 AM
1,039 ... 2728293031 ...
tools
    I ordered mine on Nov 7th morning 7 AM. I got an email that I will be getting the phone on the 9th. By Nov 8th around 10 AM the status of the order was cancelled in premier order status website. I called and when inquiring about it, the rep put me on hold to check with the premier department. Before she could get back, the call got dropped.
    I called them back again at 3 PM the same day. This time they said the premier forgot about checking something and cancelled my order by mistake. The rep reinstated my order and essentially what it means is I am in line as if I ordered mine on the 8th at 3:30 PM.

The pre-order system of AT&T is the worst. I was so excited to see the phone today. The status of my order still shows in progress. I went to the nearby at&t store today to check the phone's availability. But they only have a black one - no freebies (wireless charger). And also they cannot cancel the order that is in progress. I left the store in disappointment.

Hoping to see them ship mine at least today. A very bad experience though...

I ordered a red one.
    11-09-2012 10:36 AM
    My order status also says "pending shipment"

Just got off the phone with my local AT&T store (Winter Haven, FL). He said they can cancel my pre-order and just sell me one they have in stock. He also said I will still be getting the free wireless charger. Not sure if I was the only one who thought the free charger was a pre-order exclusive, but according to him it's not.
    11-09-2012 10:38 AM
    out for delivery!

Last edited by Necroscope; 11-09-2012 at 10:57 AM.
    11-09-2012 10:42 AM
    Mine is now on the way to me. Hahaha!
    11-09-2012 10:43 AM
    Well at least mine finally got "processed through USPS sort facility". I love their little games.

Said the phone would ship 11/8... turns it was "accepted" at 4/8 at 5 PM, but never got sent out till 11/9 at 4:41 AM. HUH?!
    11-09-2012 10:45 AM
    I'm somewhat happy. I wanted today but I guess my I can deal with the iPhone for a few days more

I'm shipped!!

Ordered cyan 920 11/7/12 645am
    Last edited by joeynox; 11-09-2012 at 10:53 AM.
    11-09-2012 10:45 AM
    I have good news! (Sorta).

AT&T's order tracking system is messed up. So if you use their automated system, it won't give you the right information much of the time.

Call their line. I did, received my shipping notification and tracking number, and my new phone is on a FedEx truck in my hometown, ready to be delivered today! The AT&T rep told me that "almost everyone" who ordered on the 7th should receive their phones today or Saturday at the latest.
    11-09-2012 10:46 AM
    Well at least mine finally got "processed through USPS sort facility". I love their little games.

Said the phone would ship 11/8... turns it was "accepted" at 4/8 at 5 PM, but never got sent out till 11/9 at 4:41 AM. HUH?!
    Don't act like you know how USPS works.

Shipped the 8th, yes it was.

Accepted the 8th at 5pm. (means shipped, USPS took it).

PROCESSED (ya know, part of the shipping game) at 4:41am on the 9th.

Your phone SHIPPED on the 8th.

This is the SAME exact way ALL shipping companies work.
    11-09-2012 10:49 AM
    Mine was accepted at 11:16am on the 8th and processed at 3:55am on the 9th (not sure if times are central or pacific on the USPS site). So as of early this morning the package is in Memphis...

Since the service was priority which is 2-day delivery I imagine it will be delivered on Saturday for me.
    11-09-2012 10:49 AM
    Mine was accepted at 11:16am on the 8th and processed at 3:55am on the 9th (not sure if times are central or pacific on the USPS site). So as of early this morning the package is in Memphis...

Since the service was priority which is 2-day delivery I imagine it will be delivered on Saturday for me.
    Priority Mail (USPS) is an estimated 2-3 day service, but not guaranteed.
    11-09-2012 10:52 AM
    Don't act like you know how USPS works.

Shipped the 8th, yes it was.

Accepted the 8th at 5pm. (means shipped, USPS took it).

PROCESSED (ya know, part of the shipping game) at 4:41am on the 9th.

Your phone SHIPPED on the 8th.

This is the SAME exact way ALL shipping companies work.
    I really dont know how the shipping game works.... anyways no sweat now as it turns out it doesnt come preactivated :). Can take my time to cancel.
    11-09-2012 10:54 AM
    i didnt want to deal with waiting for fedex so i didnt pre order instead i went to store this morning and got a red one .. no headache checking tracking waiting for fedex bla bla
    11-09-2012 10:56 AM

AT&T's order tracking system is messed up. So if you use their automated system, it won't give you the right information much of the time.

Call their line. I did, received my shipping notification and tracking number, and my new phone is on a FedEx truck in my hometown, ready to be delivered today! The AT&T rep told me that "almost everyone" who ordered on the 7th should receive their phones today or Saturday at the latest.
    11-09-2012 10:56 AM
    I called in this morning regarding Cyan 920...talked to the Rep and then to the Manager....the manager told me that they don't have any Lumia 920 in stock to ship at this time. I have no clue how that's possible.

Any one had the same experience?
    11-09-2012 11:00 AM
    i didnt want to deal with waiting for fedex so i didnt pre order instead i went to store this morning and got a red one .. no headache checking tracking waiting for fedex bla bla
    My store specifically said that I could not do this. I was under the (mistaken) assumption that you had to pre-order to get the charging pad. I pre-ordered in the store. It should be at the house when I get home and off to the store to activate and transfer 'everything' (I doubt that). Should have just walked into the store this morning.
    11-09-2012 11:01 AM
    Priority Mail (USPS) is an estimated 2-3 day service, but not guaranteed.
    Buzz kill. ;)

It would have been nice if this Monday wasn't a holiday for USPS... Perhaps Tuesday as I originally anticipated.
    11-09-2012 11:02 AM

Hope you're right. I ordered Wednesday morning, order status says "processing" and there's no expected ship date listed. So as of right now I have no idea when we're getting our phones.
    11-09-2012 11:24 AM
    Black 920 arrived, Ordered 1030 am wednesday. Shipped yesterday usps. No Wireless charger, no micro sim.... So still cant use the phone without going to the store... Drats...
    11-09-2012 11:32 AM
    I called in this morning regarding Cyan 920...talked to the Rep and then to the Manager....the manager told me that they don't have any Lumia 920 in stock to ship at this time. I have no clue how that's possible.

Any one had the same experience?
    Ordered mine on the 7th, called last night, was told it was backordered...
    11-09-2012 11:39 AM
    Just spoke to att charging pads are first come first served. Good luck
    11-09-2012 11:39 AM
    Horrible experience this morning, went to the AT&T store on 590 5th ave in NY after confirming on AT&T site that they had the phone in stock. Went there but they had no charging plate. Was told that they didn't know anything about free charging plate and that it must be an online only deal. Then I ordered online and it said charging plate would ship at a later date so fine..... Now online order is back ordered so I chatted online with AT&T rep who said that they can cancel the order if I want and that the charging plate was in fact an online only deal so I didn't want to cancel the order.

Just now I when to AT&T store in Rock plaza even though on the AT&T site it said that the store was out of stock since early this morning. The rep there told me that they had one more and that I will get the charging plate and I asked if I can buy it and cancel my existing online order, the rep told me that cancellations would take 3 days to go through the system which I don't really believe..... horrible horrible experience. The worst part is getting conflicting info from every AT&T employee I spoke to. I can't believe that AT&T can't even give a 2 minute training session or at least send a one pager regarding the phone and what it comes with.

I'm so glad the feds blocked AT&T from buying T-Mobile. Hopefully T-Mobile can regroup and in 2 years the **** with AT&T........:@
    NessyBoy87 likes this.
    11-09-2012 11:42 AM
    At this point, I think were all just getting trolled. Theres no doubt in my mind that customer service is just telling you what they have "heard" from other representatives at their branch. They have to tell you something and its not going to be, "I dont know".
    I've spoke with a rep that had no idea what the Lumia 920 was. Then I end up saying something like, "if you navigate to AT&T Cell Phones, U-verse, Digital TV, DSL Internet, and Phone Service using your default browser..."
    11-09-2012 11:50 AM
    I just got my upgrade fee waived because of this charging plate issue. I was told I will get one for free by I have to find a store with them unstock
    11-09-2012 11:55 AM
    Damn iPhone auto correct
    11-09-2012 12:02 PM
    Damn iPhone auto correct
    Hopefully next year you'll receive your Lumia 920 and won't have to worry about that
    11-09-2012 12:04 PM
1,039 ... 2728293031 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD