11-19-2012 10:45 AM
1,039 ... 2829303132 ...
tools
    I've got to be honest, I have tried remaining optimistic and hopeful as well as patient. I preordered Wednesday morning after staying up Tuesday night and suffering from website problems. I was told it would ship on the 8th so I paid extra for overnight shipping. I had my card charged yesterday and yet no shipping update, still on processing.

I tried speaking logically to a rep, my email stated I would be billed upon shipping, has my phone shipped? She says it is in the process of being prepared to be sent for shipping. Are you kidding me?! I wouldn't mind if I wasn't billed but this cluster **** has left me without the phone AND down $150 which I can't cancel until I receive the phone, whenever that might be.
    11-09-2012 12:13 PM
    So, stopped my the store I ordered my Cyan version at. They don't have it but they assured me it would be there either this afternoon with their 2nd shipment or tomorrow. I then called 611 and they see what I see, that it's still in process. They also confirmed there is nothing on my account holding it back and that their system shows plenty of stock. I have zero confidence of seeing my phone this weekend.
    11-09-2012 12:17 PM
    Guys you have some problems while expecting your nokia 920 to arrive.
    I've already got my lumia 920 here in Russia for 800$ officially (white color)

GREAT PHONE

BUT

BAD BATTERY.

TODAY MY BATTERY DIED IN 7 HOURS!!!! NOW MY SWEET LUMIA 920 IS LAYING IN FRONT OF ME WITH ALL THE CONNECTIVITY SWITCHED OFF AND LOSING JUICE WITH THE FRIGHTENING PACE OF 9%/HOUR

NOKIA GUYS, WHAT TO DO?

soft version 1.0.202041.3
    micros. SOC: 8960

Guys, could you share your experience of lumia 920 battery life?
    Last edited by barg4barg; 11-09-2012 at 01:14 PM.
    11-09-2012 12:17 PM
    At this point, I think were all just getting trolled. Theres no doubt in my mind that customer service is just telling you what they have "heard" from other representatives at their branch. They have to tell you something and its not going to be, "I dont know".
    I've spoke with a rep that had no idea what the Lumia 920 was. Then I end up saying something like, "if you navigate to AT&T Cell Phones, U-verse, Digital TV, DSL Internet, and Phone Service using your default browser..."
    Geezzzz I feel so special now (See chat below with AT&T rep) WTF!

***ATT REP****: ******** I do apologize if the representative at the store does not know about the free charging plate because not all of at&t customer has the special offer about the charging plate. You are one of the valued customer that has the offer.
    11-09-2012 12:19 PM
    Geezzzz I feel so special now (See chat below with AT&T rep) WTF!

***ATT REP****: ******** I do apologize if the representative at the store does not know about the free charging plate because not all of at&t customer has the special offer about the charging plate. You are one of the valued customer that has the offer.
    HAHAHA I can't believe how manipulative AT&T is. There's a difference between incompetent and manipulative, unfortunately they are somehow both.
    11-09-2012 12:21 PM
    Lol just received a call from att stating that they can't honor the free wireless charger that the rep before told me even tho he put the note onto account. Lolol omg these people. I hung up with her and she called me back and said sir every preorder will get a charging pad but it will ship at a later date. I will call you next Friday to check in with you to see the status of your pad and phone. But you are getting one. LoLoLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL I feel like I'm in the twilight zone
    11-09-2012 12:25 PM
    Got mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    11-09-2012 12:26 PM
    Trying to chat... Ever feel like they are not paying attention?

Julius T: Is that for the line xxx-xxx-xxxx? What part of the order was missing?
    adam s: the wireless charging pad and the microsim
    Julius T: Let me check the order that was placed to you. Please hold on.
    Julius T: About the download. If i may ask, are you going to download applications? Games? or ringtones?
    11-09-2012 12:27 PM
    I just spoke with someone at at&t and was connected to a manager, I am coming over from Sprint and ordered three phones on the 7 one for my Dad and two Nokia lumia 920's a yellow one and a cyan one. I paid for overnight shipping and when I ordered I was told that all of the phones will be sent by the 9th. I received one phone today, not the 920's just a phone for my Dad. Today I was told that they are now out of stock of all of the colored 920's. They did not know when they would receive more but the manager I spoke with said the he heard that Nokia was sending all of the colored phones to MS Stores and did not have enough for them. He thought I would know about shipping sometime next week and that he was sure that it would not be until after Thanksgiving or first part of December for the Yellow and Cyan 920's. I am completly amazed by the lack of information that AT&T telling. For someone coming over from another carrier they sure are making a great first impression.
    11-09-2012 12:32 PM
    So this morning i checked my pre-order. Still said pending. So i just cancelled it. Then i went to our corporate store in town, and they only had black in stock, they were waiting on more colors to arrive today. Then i called an authorized retailer...same thing, but she will call me when they get some more in. An hour later, she called...i went to the store and got it!! I wasnt eligibale for an upgrade, but apparently it only costed me 300 bucks...not sure how that happened..but im not complaining!

So far...i love it!! best phone ever!
    11-09-2012 12:34 PM
    Did anyone else notice in their FedEx trackings the "Local Scan Time" can be changed to "Origin Time'" or "Destination time." There is a huge difference in these times. You would assume local would be the current time zone, but it is not. I am not sure it seems like the times being displayed may be somewhere in Europe. Weird. But when I change it to destination, the times get shifted. Instead of being received in memphis last night at 7pm, it changes to yesterday at 11 am. Difference of 8 hours? WTF

So I am not sure which time to use. The destination time seems plausible that it could be delivered today, but the local time one basically there is no chance (due to the 8 hour time differece).
    11-09-2012 12:39 PM
    I am tired of only talking to the low level customer support guys. Here is my plan to get to the near top of the command chain.

ATT... how can we help you..
    me.. Yes I ordered a black Lumia 920 and there is an issue with the shipment...
    att.. sorry to hear that what seems to be the problem.
    Me,.. i'd like to speak with a manager
    att... I am authorized to help you...
    me... well i received the box from Fedex and its HUGE... opened it up and unless i counted wrong there are 50-60 Lumina 920's in here...
    Att.. please hold transferring you to the VP of sales.....
    11-09-2012 12:40 PM
    Well, I finally appear to have gotten some information. I called and asked to speak to a manager right away after the rep gave me different information than the person I had chatted with a few hours earlier.

I explained to the manger that I had gotten 3 different stories from 3 different people and that I was very frustrated by being given the runaround and that I was looking for some answers. He claimed to understand and gave me what, appears to be some information. The 820 that I ordered was supposedly shipped yesterday and he provided me a tracking number via USPS. I checked the order on USPS and find no information. The manager also claimed that the 920's were all shipping today and that I would receive an e-mail later on with a tracking number. The latest date of delivery, according to him, is Tues.

I then asked him why everyone was getting so much misinformation. He told me is was that the customer service reps were not looking in the right place in their system and that they needed to do better training.

So, anyway, that is the latest and greatest as far as I know. If you are calling in, I suggest politely, but firmly requesting to speak with a supervisor. I was initially told that none were available and that they would escalate my call for follow-up within 48 hours. I told them that was unacceptable and that I would hold for a manager until they got off of the other call they were on. After saying that, I had a manager on the line in about 30 seconds.

Hard to know what is going on right now. Good luck.

Jason
    NessyBoy87 likes this.
    11-09-2012 12:42 PM
    If you look at the order page now on ATT's site, it explicitly states: The included Nokia Wireless Charging Plate will ship at a later date.

At the least, we'll all have to follow up once/if we get our phones to make sure we get the plate.
    11-09-2012 12:44 PM
    I think that those of us that are on Twitter should create some creative hashtag involving AT&T or Nokia to get our frustration out in the public.
    11-09-2012 12:47 PM
    HAHAHA I can't believe how manipulative AT&T is. There's a difference between incompetent and manipulative, unfortunately they are somehow both.
    Pisses me off when I could have brought the phone in the store this morning since they had it in stock, but I was misinformed about the charging plate being an online only deal and the store that did know about the charging plate was listed as out of stock when in fact they had been selling it all morning. Anyway I asked to get the upgrade fee waived and did. I encourage all to ask for it.

AT&T: Since you have encountered a lot of problem getting the device as a courtesy for you I will check if I can waive the upgrade fee. Please give me 2 minutes. would that be ok?

xxxx xxxx: Thanks you very much! I did spend a lot of time running around try to buy the device

AT&T: I understand that is very frustrating situation.

xxxx xxxx: The funny thing was that there were no lines like the iPhone, but somehow I'm still encountering issues buying the phone

xxxx xxxx: There wasn't a single person waiting online when I went to both stores...sigh
    11-09-2012 12:55 PM
    I think that those of us that are on Twitter should create some creative hashtag involving AT&T or Nokia to get our frustration out in the public.
    We can also bombard Nokia and ATT's Facebook page.
    11-09-2012 12:56 PM
    So I figured I'd chronicle my experience thus far. I tried ordering 11pm CST on the 7th only to find out only premier members could order. So I waited till midnight to order on the normal AT&T site. The site of course blew up and I wasn't able to actually order my cyan Lumia 920 until 3AM CST, with out seeing any mention of the free charging plate on my order. I figured I'd just contact them the next day and figure that part out. Within minutes of the order I got a confirmation email stating they had received the order and it was scheduled to be shipped Nov 8th.

Elated I went to bed and when I woke up for work at 6AM I had a second email saying the order had been processed and was sent to their warehouse for shipping. Thinking well at the very least I know I have my phone taken care of and headed off to work. During lunch I contacted AT&T about the free charger, the one I talked to said it would be automatically packaged with my phone even though it wasn't showing on my order. I double checked my order at this time and it said Processing still, I wasn't too worried as I had gotten Overnight shipping and figured if they were shooting to get it there on Nov 9th, it wouldn't actually ship until the 8th like the first email said.

Fast forward to the next morning (Nov. 8th), my status had gone from Processing to Back ordered. Again I wasn't too concerned as I remembered my Lumia 900 going through a similar process and it shipped on time. Around 10 pm CST I checked my order expecting shipping information. Instead what should I find as the status? Cancelled.

Naturally, I was just slightly confused and started an online chat with a support rep. She looked up my order and told me it was cancelled because the phone number was wrong. I asked what number? I had selected my line as the line to upgrade so no phone number should have been messed up. She informed me she couldn't do anything more for me and gave me a number to call.

I immediately called and after waiting on hold for 10-15 minutes talked to the rep who looked up my order on her said and reassured me that it was still processing and not cancelled, but was however back ordered. She told me to disregard the online status as it was a server error, and that it would ship when they had more. She said I would get an email when it shipped but that I could call back tomorrow to see if they could find out anymore. She explained it was back ordered because it was still in a pre-order state and when the phone went live the next day they might be able to see more information.

I also asked her about the wireless charging plate and she assured me that I would get one but that it would be coming separate from the phone. My nerves once again put to rest I went to bed.

Around 10am CST I called in again and the support rep looked up my order. She kindly informed me that it was cancelled. I explained what the previous rep had said the night before and she confirmed that she was seeing that in the notes on the order. The order however was cancelled. She apologized and setup a new order with the same order number I previously had. I asked if I would lose my spot in the queue since it was back ordered and she informed me I would be but that she would give me free overnight shipping. She also informed me that they had roughly 170 people that had pre-ordered the cyan like I had that were in the back order queue. She also said they were getting a shipment of 80 in later today and that they should be getting another couple of shipments in next week. So at the earliest I would get it sometime next week. I wasn't happy about it but it was better then nothing at that point. She also said not to worry that I would be receiving the wireless charging plate.

I got off the phone and then waited a little bit to check the order status. About an hour after the call I checked and the order was there and in the back ordered state. At least I'm not cancelled I figured. Well I checked it again around Noon just because I was bored and low and behold now it says Processing again. So no idea what's going on at this point. Maybe since she tied it to my original order number when the new shipment came in they took the time of the original order. Or maybe AT&T's order system isn't done playing games with me, the saga continues...
    11-09-2012 12:57 PM
    Yikes.

My Cyan says "Processing", but I didn't place the order until yesterday morning. I'd really prefer not to wait a week+ for a phone just because it's a special color. Honestly, I'd probably be ok with any of the colors, except Yellow. Maybe I should call and see if they have any others in stock that they can just get out sooner? Ugh!
    11-09-2012 01:02 PM
    Yikes.

My Cyan says "Processing", but I didn't place the order until yesterday morning. I'd really prefer not to wait a week+ for a phone just because it's a special color. Honestly, I'd probably be ok with any of the colors, except Yellow. Maybe I should call and see if they have any others in stock that they can just get out sooner? Ugh!
    If you live near an At&T store they have red, white and black in stock.
    fhumphrey04 likes this.
    11-09-2012 01:08 PM
    If you live near an At&T store they have red, white and black in stock.
    Thanks!

Do you think they'd be able to switch my order for one in the store? I'm kind of doubting they have any in stock seeing as how we have a Microsoft subsidiary in town and all of the employees were probably camping out since they get them for free. I can always try though :D
    11-09-2012 01:11 PM
    Starting to worry. Still no tracking number and nothing came in on the morning FedEx delivery. FedEx has one more scheduled delivery at my work today so it may show up then but I have a feeling it wont :(
    11-09-2012 01:16 PM
    Made a phone call (to an AT&T customer service rep), during which the status of my Cyan 920 was updated from processing to Back Ordered. Now I need to look into canceling and running to my store which still has a device.
    Last edited by scottsenior; 11-09-2012 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Clarification.
    11-09-2012 01:20 PM
    Thanks!

Do you think they'd be able to switch my order for one in the store? I'm kind of doubting they have any in stock seeing as how we have a Microsoft subsidiary in town and all of the employees were probably camping out since they get them for free. I can always try though :D
    I think that it would take a miracle to accomplish anything with these preorders. If you haven't been billed yet they SHOULD be able to cancel it. If you have been billed you might have to wait to receive the phone and then send it back in order to cancel it.
    11-09-2012 01:21 PM
    To add insult to injury. I went to my local AT&T store this morning. Beautiful day. Walked right in, and was greeted by some great reps. They had the Nokia's out in all their glory. Beautiful devices!!

I asked if I could cancel my online order and buy one right there. They said what I already knew. My upgrade is basically "held hostage". So even though he had the White Nokia I wanted sitting right there for the taking. I had to walk out of the store empty handed, and the store lost a sale.

Meanwhile, my shipment has no expected delivery date at this point. **** it!!!!:mad:
    11-09-2012 01:22 PM
1,039 ... 2829303132 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD