Your Order Statuses On ATT..

Status
Not open for further replies.

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
What's the point of preordering something if its not going to arrive when it's supposed to. Also, other than the discount, there seems to be such little advantage to being a Premier user.

The Premier status comes with your employer signing a contract for service with AT&T. Most companies have a contract with the big three carriers in the market, usually neighboring in the hundreds of users across the country when all users are combined. To earn and retain the business carriers pass along a discount, usually higher than what is offered to the general employee, to the members of management and their fleet of users who will be using the phones for business. That same discount is aso extended to personal lines of service under the terms of the contract but the AT&T rep that is serving the company has to be the one to record the sale, beyond that they are just any other Premier AT&T customer.

Receiving a corporate discount works two ways - one, because your company either utilizes enough lines of service to qualify for discounted pricing or their monthly spending is high enough you receive special pricing on service which may also include free activation and a discount on accessories. Two, the level of this discount is maintained by the number of subscribers from your company that register with the carrier. The more people in your company use AT&T, the better your offer will be. If by comparison year-to-date employees leave the company, drop AT&T or switch to another carrier the discount may be reviewed, modified and possibly restricted / eliminated.

Speaking from the carrier side of things on the B2B market, owners of a company pretty much get their phones and service for free. (Think Fortune 500) They may end up paying off-contract pricing for phones because they don't want a contract or cannot upgrade technically but that car charger, case, screen protector - free. I remember setting up a lawn care business with 50 phones for their fleet of mowers. They previously had Nextel, but instead of using Direct Connect they would rack up minutes calling family back in Mexico. Not being racist - that was what really happened. To get the business the company was sold a plan of $10 per user, which gave 1,000 minutes but no features. The phones were restricted to company lines. Oh, did I mention the rep goofed and forgot the $10 plan (a retention plan at that) didn't include Caller ID which at the time was extra? Yeah, we had to add that at no-charge plus "phone to phone" which let them call the other lines for free. $500 a month before taxes with room for further revenue from them. They wouldn't use features, of course, since they went with the most basic models.

Being a business that does "xxx,xxx.xx" amount of business a month has its perks. Back in my day being corporate or "Premier" meant more than a 10%, 20% or more discount. You had Enterprise customer service and reps dedicated to handling corporate clientle. If you needed a replacement phone, you received it that day. Yes, I saw it happen. I remember pushing a dolly of 100 phones across a busy street in evening rush hour traffic between a retail store and our regional sales office to take care of a customer that had to have phones first thing the following morning.

I admit the allure of being Premier now is just a discount, but it is still beneficial to have and can help your company down the line so long as others around you continue to stay with AT&T.

STRIDIER

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
EVERYONE GO TO UPS.com or FEDEX.COM AND TRACK BY REFRENCE!!!! ENTER YOUR PHONE NUMBER AS THE REFRENCE NUMBER, THEN YOUR ZIP AND COUNTRY. Mines showing up as shipped with a delivery date of tomorrow. Att.com says back ordered. DON'T RELY ON THEIR WEBSITE!!

txaggies07

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Ordered Black 920 over the phone around noonish on the 7th. I am a premier customer, but I was on the phone with regular ordering. Even though he said he did, the charging plate was not added to the order. I called today and they created a separate order to ship me the charging plate. I just got my tracking number a few minutes ago. Mine is coming via UPS, but UPS doesn't have any other info.

STRIDIER

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
ON A SIDE NOT I EVEN CALLED AT&T AND THEY DIDNT EVEN KNOW IT HAD SHIPPED. WHICH LEADS ME TO BELIEVE AT&T KNOWS NOTHING!!!! sorry for yelling....:p

txaggies07

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
My order was just canceled... WTF!

"Unfortunately, we were either unable to verify the information you provided or you have exceeded the number of lines of service that we allow customers to purchase online. As a result, your order has been canceled.

If you would like to purchase additional lines of service, please visit one of our AT&T retail locations and present your identification to our representatives. They will be happy to help you purchase new wireless devices, accessories, and service."

Ouch. On another note, my office is across the hall from Ron Paul's congressional office in Lake Jackson, TX. Good times.

BlobDude

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
EVERYONE GO TO UPS.com or FEDEX.COM AND TRACK BY REFRENCE!!!! ENTER YOUR PHONE NUMBER AS THE REFRENCE NUMBER, THEN YOUR ZIP AND COUNTRY. Mines showing up as shipped with a delivery date of tomorrow. Att.com says back ordered. DON'T RELY ON THEIR WEBSITE!!

Didn't do anything for me. Just came up with Not Found. Starting to get frustrated.

jeffwp

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
What's your order status on ATT, mine says "Attention" I preordered at midnight.. Should I be worried? Called ATT Premier support, they say they're reviewing it...

UPDATE 5 PM Nov. 7 : Pre-order Status still showing 'Attention" Even though I preordered at midnight and called them twice about it...

UPDATE 2: Nov. 8 I cancelled my order after more than 24 hours of 'Attention' Status... :( I hate you AT&T...
Mine says shipped. I checked the tracking info and its slated to arrive tomorrow. The question is will I recieve a free wireless charcher?

I order mine at 12:06am Wednesday morning

Last edited:

mtbush

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I don't get why all of these people who ordered a Cyan after me...has shipping info and I don't.

are you porting a number over from a different carrier? and you have been charged in full for the 920? that's the only thing I can think of...I ordered around 9:30PST on the 6th and got my tracking info late yesterday evening. I hope you get this sorted out, it sucks they aren't getting these out to everyone like they should

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
What the ****...now the charge on my card has been removed.

are you porting a number over from a different carrier? and you have been charged in full for the 920? that's the only thing I can think of...I ordered around 9:30PST on the 6th and got my tracking info late yesterday evening. I hope you get this sorted out, it sucks they aren't getting these out to everyone like they should

Upgrade, no number porting. I was charged in full, and it has now been removed.

I am about 99% positive they are screwing up and I am going to end up leaving AT&T for Verizon this weekend.

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
The premier site, just hosed me. Said order which was placed yesterday morning was still processing. Wouldnt be shipped for at least 2 business days. I cancelled it and will just try my luck at the store in the morning. Premier my ***

Stadifer

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I don't get why all of these people who ordered a Cyan after me...has shipping info and I don't.

Same here... I ordered a Cyan at 12:15am PST and I have no shipping info yet. I'm going to be a little pissed if I hung out for 3 hours waiting to order the phone and past midnight to finally get it in and not get it delivered on Friday when plenty of people ordered online after me and are indeed getting it tomorrow.

Unfortunately, I want the Lumia 920 so I have no choice but AT&T. It's unfortunate that they can't get their crap together an honor orders in FIFO fashion which is how they state they process them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise