Your Order Statuses On ATT..

Status
Not open for further replies.

bumbleb80

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
HAHAHA I can't believe how manipulative AT&T is. There's a difference between incompetent and manipulative, unfortunately they are somehow both.
Pisses me off when I could have brought the phone in the store this morning since they had it in stock, but I was misinformed about the charging plate being an online only deal and the store that did know about the charging plate was listed as out of stock when in fact they had been selling it all morning. Anyway I asked to get the upgrade fee waived and did. I encourage all to ask for it.

AT&T: Since you have encountered a lot of problem getting the device as a courtesy for you I will check if I can waive the upgrade fee. Please give me 2 minutes. would that be ok?

xxxx xxxx: Thanks you very much! I did spend a lot of time running around try to buy the device

AT&T: I understand that is very frustrating situation.

xxxx xxxx: The funny thing was that there were no lines like the iPhone, but somehow I'm still encountering issues buying the phone

xxxx xxxx: There wasn't a single person waiting online when I went to both stores...sigh

Jetface

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
So I figured I'd chronicle my experience thus far. I tried ordering 11pm CST on the 7th only to find out only premier members could order. So I waited till midnight to order on the normal AT&T site. The site of course blew up and I wasn't able to actually order my cyan Lumia 920 until 3AM CST, with out seeing any mention of the free charging plate on my order. I figured I'd just contact them the next day and figure that part out. Within minutes of the order I got a confirmation email stating they had received the order and it was scheduled to be shipped Nov 8th.

Elated I went to bed and when I woke up for work at 6AM I had a second email saying the order had been processed and was sent to their warehouse for shipping. Thinking well at the very least I know I have my phone taken care of and headed off to work. During lunch I contacted AT&T about the free charger, the one I talked to said it would be automatically packaged with my phone even though it wasn't showing on my order. I double checked my order at this time and it said Processing still, I wasn't too worried as I had gotten Overnight shipping and figured if they were shooting to get it there on Nov 9th, it wouldn't actually ship until the 8th like the first email said.

Fast forward to the next morning (Nov. 8th), my status had gone from Processing to Back ordered. Again I wasn't too concerned as I remembered my Lumia 900 going through a similar process and it shipped on time. Around 10 pm CST I checked my order expecting shipping information. Instead what should I find as the status? Cancelled.

Naturally, I was just slightly confused and started an online chat with a support rep. She looked up my order and told me it was cancelled because the phone number was wrong. I asked what number? I had selected my line as the line to upgrade so no phone number should have been messed up. She informed me she couldn't do anything more for me and gave me a number to call.

I immediately called and after waiting on hold for 10-15 minutes talked to the rep who looked up my order on her said and reassured me that it was still processing and not cancelled, but was however back ordered. She told me to disregard the online status as it was a server error, and that it would ship when they had more. She said I would get an email when it shipped but that I could call back tomorrow to see if they could find out anymore. She explained it was back ordered because it was still in a pre-order state and when the phone went live the next day they might be able to see more information.

I also asked her about the wireless charging plate and she assured me that I would get one but that it would be coming separate from the phone. My nerves once again put to rest I went to bed.

Around 10am CST I called in again and the support rep looked up my order. She kindly informed me that it was cancelled. I explained what the previous rep had said the night before and she confirmed that she was seeing that in the notes on the order. The order however was cancelled. She apologized and setup a new order with the same order number I previously had. I asked if I would lose my spot in the queue since it was back ordered and she informed me I would be but that she would give me free overnight shipping. She also informed me that they had roughly 170 people that had pre-ordered the cyan like I had that were in the back order queue. She also said they were getting a shipment of 80 in later today and that they should be getting another couple of shipments in next week. So at the earliest I would get it sometime next week. I wasn't happy about it but it was better then nothing at that point. She also said not to worry that I would be receiving the wireless charging plate.

I got off the phone and then waited a little bit to check the order status. About an hour after the call I checked and the order was there and in the back ordered state. At least I'm not cancelled I figured. Well I checked it again around Noon just because I was bored and low and behold now it says Processing again. So no idea what's going on at this point. Maybe since she tied it to my original order number when the new shipment came in they took the time of the original order. Or maybe AT&T's order system isn't done playing games with me, the saga continues...

fhumphrey04

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Yikes.

My Cyan says "Processing", but I didn't place the order until yesterday morning. I'd really prefer not to wait a week+ for a phone just because it's a special color. Honestly, I'd probably be ok with any of the colors, except Yellow. Maybe I should call and see if they have any others in stock that they can just get out sooner? Ugh!

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Yikes.

My Cyan says "Processing", but I didn't place the order until yesterday morning. I'd really prefer not to wait a week+ for a phone just because it's a special color. Honestly, I'd probably be ok with any of the colors, except Yellow. Maybe I should call and see if they have any others in stock that they can just get out sooner? Ugh!

If you live near an At&T store they have red, white and black in stock.

fhumphrey04

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
If you live near an At&T store they have red, white and black in stock.
Thanks!

Do you think they'd be able to switch my order for one in the store? I'm kind of doubting they have any in stock seeing as how we have a Microsoft subsidiary in town and all of the employees were probably camping out since they get them for free. I can always try though :D

Cartman

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Starting to worry. Still no tracking number and nothing came in on the morning FedEx delivery. FedEx has one more scheduled delivery at my work today so it may show up then but I have a feeling it wont :(

scottsenior

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Made a phone call (to an AT&T customer service rep), during which the status of my Cyan 920 was updated from processing to Back Ordered. Now I need to look into canceling and running to my store which still has a device.

Last edited:

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks!

Do you think they'd be able to switch my order for one in the store? I'm kind of doubting they have any in stock seeing as how we have a Microsoft subsidiary in town and all of the employees were probably camping out since they get them for free. I can always try though :D

I think that it would take a miracle to accomplish anything with these preorders. If you haven't been billed yet they SHOULD be able to cancel it. If you have been billed you might have to wait to receive the phone and then send it back in order to cancel it.

jwckauman

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Hostage

To add insult to injury. I went to my local AT&T store this morning. Beautiful day. Walked right in, and was greeted by some great reps. They had the Nokia's out in all their glory. Beautiful devices!!

I asked if I could cancel my online order and buy one right there. They said what I already knew. My upgrade is basically "held hostage". So even though he had the White Nokia I wanted sitting right there for the taking. I had to walk out of the store empty handed, and the store lost a sale.

Meanwhile, my shipment has no expected delivery date at this point. **** it!!!!:mad:

Stadifer

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Anyone that has been shipped USPS had a phone show up yet? I'm sure most of the USPS delivery's won't be until Saturday or Tuesday. However, it is entirely possible some people actually get them today if you are close to the shipping facility.

majorporkchops

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
So I figured I'd chronicle my experience thus far. I tried ordering 11pm CST on the 7th only to find out only premier members could order. So I waited till midnight to order on the normal AT&T site. The site of course blew up and I wasn't able to actually order my cyan Lumia 920 until 3AM CST, with out seeing any mention of the free charging plate on my order. I figured I'd just contact them the next day and figure that part out. Within minutes of the order I got a confirmation email stating they had received the order and it was scheduled to be shipped Nov 8th.

I got off the phone and then waited a little bit to check the order status. About an hour after the call I checked and the order was there and in the back ordered state. At least I'm not cancelled I figured. Well I checked it again around Noon just because I was bored and low and behold now it says Processing again. So no idea what's going on at this point. Maybe since she tied it to my original order number when the new shipment came in they took the time of the original order. Or maybe AT&T's order system isn't done playing games with me, the saga continues...

That sounds exactly like what happened to me:

Ordered a cyan phone at 3AM when I could finally access the site, didnt see the charging plate anywhere, got the confirmation email and the sent to warehouse email and assumed I would have no problem getting my phone. My order stayed at processing until the morning of 11/8 when it changed to backordered. Then I wake up this morning to see it cancelled for no reason. I called support and they said that the system cancelled it and that they would have to re-process the order. They did that and a new order appeared with the phone listed as backordered. A couple hours later its no longer listed as backordered but as processing. After all that, for some reason I'm still hopeful it gets shipped out today...

awesomeplant

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Happy ending for me... My early Wednesday 3AM order early for a red 920 w/ "overnight shipping" has been stuck on "Processing." When I called earlier, they said "yeah it might ship today."

So instead, I went to my AT&T store, and got the last red 920 they had in stock. He couldn't cancel the pre-order for me, but said if they won't do it, just accept the shipment and bring that phone in to the store and they'll refund me there.

Oh, and he volunteered that I was eligible for the early (iphone style) upgrade, so the phone was only $349. AND he ordered me a free wireless charger which should come in next week.

Lucky for me, when I called the online wireless order hotline (on my brand new red 920), and after one "let me put you on hold--click" disconnect, they successfully canceled my pre-order (even though it was at the warehouse and "couldn't be cancelled").

Never again will I pre-order online of course :) Good luck to everyone!

edit: btw, if anyone is curious, the only other phones they had in stock were the black ones. The store was VERY crowded, and at least two people in front of me went for 920's as well.. I overheard one rep go "no, I think we only have black ones, but let me check..." and then he returned with a box and said "we *just* got two red ones, so you're lucky!" thankfully, no one else wanted the second red one before me!) :)

fhumphrey04

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I think that it would take a miracle to accomplish anything with these preorders. If you haven't been billed yet they SHOULD be able to cancel it. If you have been billed you might have to wait to receive the phone and then send it back in order to cancel it.

Just checked my bank account and they took the funds out :(

Looks like I'll be waiting for a while before this thing comes in. Oh well, I still have the trusty Focus to get me through in the mean time.

JoE Colon

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
To add insult to injury. I went to my local AT&T store this morning. Beautiful day. Walked right in, and was greeted by some great reps. They had the Nokia's out in all their glory. Beautiful devices!!

I asked if I could cancel my online order and buy one right there. They said what I already knew. My upgrade is basically "held hostage". So even though he had the White Nokia I wanted sitting right there for the taking. I had to walk out of the store empty handed, and the store lost a sale.

Meanwhile, my shipment has no expected delivery date at this point. **** it!!!!:mad:
My story is pretty similar to a few of you on here, I placed the Order 5 am on the 7th before I had to leave to work. Needless to say I was freaggin happy as heck. I am also an x Iphone 4s user and I currently have a htc one x. I have been lusting after that nokia for a very long time.

So I get to work and check the status and I see that is state’s attn, also I had didn’t get a chance to put the wireless charging plate in my cart. But I had the CYAN color I so desperately loved..lmao. Then the BS starts I call in to check why it states attn on my order page. I am told that because I have it being shipped to my job and the billing address is different it is being reviewed. I then proceed to ask if I can cancel the order and place a new one I will just have it shipped to my home I am sure someone will be home on Friday. So it gets canceled I place the order on the premier site again with the charger this time. Automatically canceled and this goes on to happen 10 times all my orders canceled. I call I encounter rude CSR's and they all refuse to transfer me to a supervisor and just hang up. ATT you guys are a s*** Show seriously stop outsourcing the jobs to these Indians that don't know squat. I am so sick of it then I finally get a native English speaker ( I am not racist) just pissed off.: mad::mad: and somewhat helpful that tells me to go to the ATT store and I do just that in the middle of the Nor'easter might I add.

I get to the store and none of the dingbats in the store know anything about the phone and can't find it in the computer. So I left went back to work called a few more times and no one can help me out. so I finally just preorder it on the regular site opening a new line and well no charging plate as the regular site is a piece of crap that is eons behind other websites.

After ordering and calling and making sure my order is okay it ships sans the charging plate and it is somewhere on the road as it left yesterday afternoon and left Memphis around 446 in the am today. I am sure I will not get it till Tuesday. All this has been a huge disaster and a headache.

I hope this phones is worth it and if I cannot get the charging plate free I will just buy one. My plan is to cancel the contract and just use the phone on my regular att line. I do not need a new one. I also called my local stores and none of them seem to have gotten any Lumia's and some don't know that the phone even existed. Good Job ATT I don’t blame anyone but them not even nokia.
I think we should all send a complaint to the CEO's of each company involved as a group create a lumiagate! Scandal.....:D

Lastly I F*****g hate you AT&T

jwckauman

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I did find out that my Samsung Focus was shipped Priority Mail which means 2-3 days. God, please let this thing show up tomorrow.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Anyone that has been shipped USPS had a phone show up yet? I'm sure most of the USPS delivery's won't be until Saturday or Tuesday. However, it is entirely possible some people actually get them today if you are close to the shipping facility.

Mine's out for delivery, as of the last update, this morning. I won't know for sure until I get home. This is up in the Boston area (and it shipped from Fort Worth, TX).

appleorb

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

Elated I went to bed and when I woke up for work at 6AM I had a second email saying the order had been processed and was sent to their warehouse for shipping. Thinking well at the very least I know I have my phone taken care of and headed off to work. During lunch I contacted AT&T about the free charger, the one I talked to said it would be automatically packaged with my phone even though it wasn't showing on my order. I double checked my order at this time and it said Processing still, I wasn't too worried as I had gotten Overnight shipping and figured if they were shooting to get it there on Nov 9th, it wouldn't actually ship until the 8th like the first email said.

Fast forward to the next morning (Nov. 8th), my status had gone from Processing to Back ordered. Again I wasn't too concerned as I remembered my Lumia 900 going through a similar process and it shipped on time. Around 10 pm CST I checked my order expecting shipping information. Instead what should I find as the status? Cancelled.

Naturally, I was just slightly confused and started an online chat with a support rep. She looked up my order and told me it was cancelled because the phone number was wrong. I asked what number? I had selected my line as the line to upgrade so no phone number should have been messed up. She informed me she couldn't do anything more for me and gave me a number to call.

I immediately called and after waiting on hold for 10-15 minutes talked to the rep who looked up my order on her said and reassured me that it was still processing and not cancelled, but was however back ordered. She told me to disregard the online status as it was a server error, and that it would ship when they had more. She said I would get an email when it shipped but that I could call back tomorrow to see if they could find out anymore. She explained it was back ordered because it was still in a pre-order state and when the phone went live the next day they might be able to see more information.

I also asked her about the wireless charging plate and she assured me that I would get one but that it would be coming separate from the phone. My nerves once again put to rest I went to bed.

Around 10am CST I called in again and the support rep looked up my order. She kindly informed me that it was cancelled. I explained what the previous rep had said the night before and she confirmed that she was seeing that in the notes on the order. The order however was cancelled. She apologized and setup a new order with the same order number I previously had. I asked if I would lose my spot in the queue since it was back ordered and she informed me I would be but that she would give me free overnight shipping. She also informed me that they had roughly 170 people that had pre-ordered the cyan like I had that were in the back order queue. She also said they were getting a shipment of 80 in later today and that they should be getting another couple of shipments in next week. So at the earliest I would get it sometime next week. I wasn't happy about it but it was better then nothing at that point. She also said not to worry that I would be receiving the wireless charging plate.

I had the same exact thing happen to me, almost identical time frame and when I called the rep said the same thing that a "number" was wrong and the system cancelled my order. This was just some excuse or system glitch because the number on the order was correct. The rep had to reprocess my order from scratch with a new order number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb