Negri Electronics

Calot

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I am SO sad, and will probably never buy anything from them.

First, they increased the price on the unlocked Lumia 920 from 698 to 776 US Dollars.

Then, they changed the MHz in the bands, deleted the 1700 one and added it to some others. (suspicious)

Then they kept moving the date of availability a few days.

That was until today. When they moved it from the 6th of November to the 29TH OF NOVEMBER.

That is not a couple of days anymore. That is almost a month. I just don't trust them.

Anyway. I just figured some people here would like to know.

spincel

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I am SO sad, and will probably never buy anything from them.

First, they increased the price on the unlocked Lumia 920 from 698 to 776 US Dollars.

Then, they changed the MHz in the bands, deleted the 1700 one and added it to some others. (suspicious)

Then they kept moving the date of availability a few days.

That was until today. When they moved it from the 6th of November to the 29TH OF NOVEMBER.

That is not a couple of days anymore. That is almost a month. I just don't trust them.

Anyway. I just figured some people here would like to know.

Wow early morning I asked them when they will have stock, they said they don't know. Now they changed those into at the end of month.

bauerbach

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
all these independent guys promising unlocked phones are pretty much scammers...

I believe that till proven otherwise.

If it sounds too good to be true...

negrielectronics

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for your comment. Whenever our cost is increased, or we have the ability to source the unit from another outlet at a higher price, that price increase will be reflects on the website. We understand you are unhappy, however, we are forthright and honest about the reasons for our price increases. We could operate like many other sites and keep the price at the original posted price and only ship you the order when our cost comes in lower than that price - but that is a deceitful practice amount competitors websites. This is done to lock you into a pre-order, regardless if you are charged or not, the inconvenience of canceling the order and place it with another is often reason enough to simply "wait". We do not like waiting and will never want our customers to wait either. So while the price increased and the date moved back, it will still be available from Negri Electronics before anyone else.

Specs, Dates, Prices, Colors, even model numbers tend to change prior to a devices release. In order to provide updated specifications the product pages need to be revised. This is not so much "suspicious" as it is "assuring" that we are doing our best to provide you accurate information.

If you look at the specs available on Nokia's website here: Nokia Lumia 920 Specifications - Nokia They were actually updated only days before we updated ours.

Our changes are not meant to 'trick' you, as your post would like others to think. It's to provide you with the most updated details so that you can make an educated decision when shopping our site.

We are sad to hear that you do not trust us due to the details above. We hope you have a great day and welcome you back any time.

-Negri Electronics

negrielectronics

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
all these independent guys promising unlocked phones are pretty much scammers...

I believe that till proven otherwise.

If it sounds too good to be true...

It's probably best that research be done before comments like this are posted. Our details are updated, as well as our twitter account. The fact that you are insinuating we are "Scammers" for offering unlocked devices is absurd to say the least. Please keep in mind that we have been in business for more than 6 years, through the worst economical times, in one of the most competitive industries there is. We do our absolute best to make sure that everything is perfect, unfortunately when you rely on a manufacture such as Nokia to follow through on their expected date of arrivals - you are often disappointed, as are we.

On a lighter note, we do have stock arriving tomorrow. However, we have more pre-orders than stock available. We will be sure to post images of the Lumia 920 once they land - so that your opinion of our company can be modified.

Thank you for your time.

- Negri Electronics

spincel

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
So Negri here. Can you tell me why Yellow is cheaper than the rest? Also, why the black Roger has not been affected by this? Black Roger does not show any estimate date anymore but the specs of it did not changed.

negrielectronics

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
So Negri here. Can you tell me why Yellow is cheaper than the rest? Also, why the black Roger has not been affected by this? Black Roger does not show any estimate date anymore but the specs of it did not changed.

The Yellow Lumia 920 is expected toward the end of the month. We anticipate that prices will settle by then with other carriers releases. The Rogers Lumia 920 was increased on Monday and the date was recently moved to 11/17. Rogers devices are less expensive for us, therefore, less expensive for you. Only available in one color, however.

timd28

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
I have done business with Negri Electronics a few times and have had no issues with them at all. They ship fast, even overnighted a Nokia N9 to me from overseas when I had only paid for 2 day shipping.

Calot

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for your comment. Whenever our cost is increased, or we have the ability to source the unit from another outlet at a higher price, that price increase will be reflects on the website. We understand you are unhappy, however, we are forthright and honest about the reasons for our price increases. We could operate like many other sites and keep the price at the original posted price and only ship you the order when our cost comes in lower than that price - but that is a deceitful practice amount competitors websites. This is done to lock you into a pre-order, regardless if you are charged or not, the inconvenience of canceling the order and place it with another is often reason enough to simply "wait". We do not like waiting and will never want our customers to wait either. So while the price increased and the date moved back, it will still be available from Negri Electronics before anyone else.

Specs, Dates, Prices, Colors, even model numbers tend to change prior to a devices release. In order to provide updated specifications the product pages need to be revised. This is not so much "suspicious" as it is "assuring" that we are doing our best to provide you accurate information.

If you look at the specs available on Nokia's website here: Nokia Lumia 920 Specifications - Nokia They were actually updated only days before we updated ours.

Our changes are not meant to 'trick' you, as your post would like others to think. It's to provide you with the most updated details so that you can make an educated decision when shopping our site.

We are sad to hear that you do not trust us due to the details above. We hope you have a great day and welcome you back any time.

-Negri Electronics
It's nice to have you here.

However, rule number one: never promise anything you are not 100% sure you can deliver.

You could have easily stated that delivery dates are 'around' certain dates.

You could have easily stated that you were not sure about the operating cellular bands.

You could also state on your website why the Rogers Lumia is cheaper.

I don't think you are scammers. I just think you are not serious enough.

What if I had made the pre-order two weeks ago, being promised a Nov. 6th shipping date?

I would have SURELY canceled my order today. Would that have gone smoothly?

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
When an item has not been officially released (albeit announced) the delivery of the item is still in question.
Once an item has been released, then the delivery of that item becomes known.
In each stage, the price that can be offered may change.

Negri is not the only online retailer that offers phones. There is amazon also - they change their prices on a daily basis - and i am referring to the items they stock and sell directly - not referring to those either sold through or fulfilled by amazon.

So lets not jump on the retailers just because they move around their prices - its their perogative to do that.
Its our perogative to decide to purchase from them or not.

I have mentioned before on this site that Negri has been mentioned several times by Engadget on their mobile podcasts - even to say that they have provided review units for them.

Lets not jump all over people just because we feel like drawing attention... this is after all - just a phone, no? :)

negrielectronics

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
It's nice to have you here.

However, rule number one: never promise anything you are not 100% sure you can deliver.

You could have easily stated that delivery dates are 'around' certain dates.

You could have easily stated that you were not sure about the operating cellular bands.

You could also state on your website why the Rogers Lumia is cheaper.

I don't think you are scammers. I just think you are not serious enough.

What if I had made the pre-order two weeks ago, being promised a Nov. 6th shipping date?

I would have SURELY canceled my order today. Would that have gone smoothly?

When were you "promised" a date? How can we better the date section on our site? Right now it states "Estimated Availability" prior to that it was "Estimated InStock Date". We did state that the specs may not be 100% accurate, our policies states this as well. "5.2.1 While we do our best to provide the most accurate information, over 10,000 items may be listed on the Negri Electronics website at times. Although infrequent, errors may occur in item descriptions and prices. We recommend you contact the item's manufacture or visit their site to verify the item's information is correct and, if you suspect an item may be incorrectly priced on the site, we invite you to notify a NegriCare professional". We typically do not put disclaimer on our site as to why a model is less expensive than another. "Serious" customers usually know the difference as to why.

So sorry to see you are so disappointed. However, nothing you have stated above is a cause for defaming a company. Your dissatisfaction is made known. Others have no issues with us being open and honest about price changes.

(And we never "promise" that something will ship on a certain date when a product is readily available in the market - just FYI.)

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Hmm... Negri Electronics has been around for six years, so they must be doing something right. I don't think it's a matter of "they can't deliver" but they have to wait until everything is actually shipped to them so they can then have things set in stone.

Calot

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
When were you "promised" a date? How can we better the date section on our site? Right now it states "Estimated Availability" prior to that it was "Estimated InStock Date". We did state that the specs may not be 100% accurate, our policies states this as well. "5.2.1 While we do our best to provide the most accurate information, over 10,000 items may be listed on the Negri Electronics website at times. Although infrequent, errors may occur in item descriptions and prices. We recommend you contact the item's manufacture or visit their site to verify the item's information is correct and, if you suspect an item may be incorrectly priced on the site, we invite you to notify a NegriCare professional". We typically do not put disclaimer on our site as to why a model is less expensive than another. "Serious" customers usually know the difference as to why.

So sorry to see you are so disappointed. However, nothing you have stated above is a cause for defaming a company. Your dissatisfaction is made known. Others have no issues with us being open and honest about price changes.

(And we never "promise" that something will ship on a certain date when a product is readily available in the market - just FYI.)
WTH? Defaming your company? Someone is a sensitive little berry.

I merely stated some facts, that to me, are not right.

I don't care who does what or which company doesn't do what.

In my experience, arguing online never leads to anything positive.

I stated the facts, my opinion, got responses, ok.

So, everyone, take it like you want it. See ya.

yodies

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Respect for Negri for responding to the postings here. I have preordered with them and all of my inquiries have been handled promptly and fairly. I hope they find some grey 920s with a spare 1700MHz band!

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Are some people really not getting the point of Negri's posts?? Oh, well... Maybe it's just a language barrier. *shrugs* I haven't actually shopped with them (yet), but I've contacted them and asked questions and gotten nothing but prompt and very helpful responses. They seem very professional to me. I wouldn't mind giving them my business in the future.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I got my white 900 from them .. no issues. Good customer service as well.. their online chat program works well.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Hmm... Negri Electronics has been around for six years, so they must be doing something right. I don't think it's a matter of "they can't deliver" but they have to wait until everything is actually shipped to them so they can then have things set in stone.

Negri Electronics was well known back in the the Nokia N95 days and so. A lot of people used them.
That said i have heard about some problems from them before. I doubt they are going right out scam anybody, but maybe some dates and such can be a bit optimistic at times.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire