CONFIRMED SHOCK! Premier people READ THIS!!!

iphonemilk

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
UPDATE***

If anyone has read my previous posts about premier customers getting screwed i need to update all of you!

TO summarize my theories,

**Premier customer orders don't get looked at right away, in fact it's very delayed and last minute this has happened to me before it happened with the GS3 launch as well.

** I have a life lock account and anytime a change is made to my credit (even adding a line, this is still a credit "look over" it's not a credit check but LIFE LOCK still picks this up

I have yet to receive a life lock notification on my PRE ORDER which i pre ordered last night at 12:05 midnight.

------------------------------

This is what i've done so far,

I canceled my pre order, DONE. I called into the 611 line and chose Sales, the guy over the phone told me that he needed to transfer me (to another group) for business.

Spoke with a new guy, he ran me through the whole process (he didn't even know it was 99$, eventually he found the "promotion" and gave it to me for 99$

We went through this process and he tells me "ok you're clear to add a line"

As he's sitting there with me over the phone doing my order i got a life lock email, sure enough it was an ATT notification for adding a line.

(i felt relieved, finally a REAL order)

long story short, we get to the end and i even asked him to charge me extra to get overnight shipping. He did this.

He then tells me ill get an email asking me to ACCEPT THE TERMS of the new line, when we got off the phone i got the email RIGHT AWAY, i accepted the terms and the email even says it will ship after i accept the terms.

Long story short, take this for what you will guys, if i were you cancel your premier web orders and go order it in the STORE on friday, or order it by phone.. something ANYTHING other then web orders. it's a 50/50 chance if your web order will even be processed, ATT premier is complete garbage.....

tlegend2012

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
UPDATE***

If anyone has read my previous posts about premier customers getting screwed i need to update all of you!

TO summarize my theories,

**Premier customer orders don't get looked at right away, in fact it's very delayed and last minute this has happened to me before it happened with the GS3 launch as well.

** I have a life lock account and anytime a change is made to my credit (even adding a line, this is still a credit "look over" it's not a credit check but LIFE LOCK still picks this up

I have yet to receive a life lock notification on my PRE ORDER which i pre ordered last night at 12:05 midnight.

------------------------------

This is what i've done so far,

I canceled my pre order, DONE. I called into the 611 line and chose Sales, the guy over the phone told me that he needed to transfer me (to another group) for business.

Spoke with a new guy, he ran me through the whole process (he didn't even know it was 99$, eventually he found the "promotion" and gave it to me for 99$

We went through this process and he tells me "ok you're clear to add a line"

As he's sitting there with me over the phone doing my order i got a life lock email, sure enough it was an ATT notification for adding a line.

(i felt relieved, finally a REAL order)

long story short, we get to the end and i even asked him to charge me extra to get overnight shipping. He did this.

He then tells me ill get an email asking me to ACCEPT THE TERMS of the new line, when we got off the phone i got the email RIGHT AWAY, i accepted the terms and the email even says it will ship after i accept the terms.

Long story short, take this for what you will guys, if i were you cancel your premier web orders and go order it in the STORE on friday, or order it by phone.. something ANYTHING other then web orders. it's a 50/50 chance if your web order will even be processed, ATT premier is complete garbage.....
I'm on Premier,and my account manager said it will ship today,and expect it on friday...

This is what he said.

iphonemilk

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm on Premier,and my account manager said it will ship today,and expect it on friday...

This is what he said.
I had the same experience and called into several "premier reps" over the phone saying my GS3 would ship, and everything was "fine"

The GS3 arrival date came and other people's GS3's were arriving and i never got mine.

The point is, don't trust

tlegend2012

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I had the same experience and called into several "premier reps" over the phone saying my GS3 would ship, and everything was "fine"

The GS3 arrival date came and other people's GS3's were arriving and i never got mine.

The point is, don't trust
I will call again, and confirm... do you have a different status now?

tlegend2012

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I just asked the rep to show me something in writing... she is 100% sure, that the phone will ship out on the 8th.She told me I should get an email 4 hours after the ship time to track it!!!
Here's what she has under my order summary. She also said First come, first serve

Your order is scheduled to be shipped on November 8, 2012. You will receive a confirmation email when your order is ready to ship.
For pre-orders, your credit/debit card will be charged at time of shipment. However, funds in the amount of this purchase will be immediately held and not available for other use.

atlbuc

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Yea I cancelled my order for that reason and also if I have to exchange the phone for any reason then I can walk in to the store and do it. If you order over the web or phone then you'll have to ship it back to them within the 14 days I think it is now and they will send you a replacement. After the 14 days its a little better, they will send you a refurb 1st then you can send your defective phone back.

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I didn't even get a direct response saying when my order would ship - no mention of today, tomorrow or the following day. Reserved my rear. The card was hit with a pre-auth (usually a $1) to verify the card is valid and once the order is shipped the card is generally charged the full amount. One it hits this point it is soft-posted to the account. The charge goes through, depending on your bank, in 24-48 hours. Can the order be canceled? Depends. If you really wanted to press your luck and see if the order had shipped, try to cancel the order over the phone. If the order is picked and shipping but hasn't been updated on their site they cannot clear the order.

I understand a little more about fulfillment than the average joe - People in the Central time zone would be told that their order would ship tomorrow - same day cut-off is usually 4:00pm, sometimes even sooner. If the orders are shipping today for delivery on Friday, that had to have left within the last 90 minutes. If they didn't, they won't delivery on Friday unless AT&T is getting a bulk rate on next-day shipping which I highly doubt.

This is also standard 2-day which means by 7:30pm Monday-Friday, so no Saturday deliveries unless I missed something.

bmarsden

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
I didn't even get a direct response saying when my order would ship - no mention of today, tomorrow or the following day. Reserved my rear. The card was hit with a pre-auth (usually a $1) to verify the card is valid and once the order is shipped the card is generally charged the full amount. One it hits this point it is soft-posted to the account. The charge goes through, depending on your bank, in 24-48 hours. Can the order be canceled? Depends. If you really wanted to press your luck and see if the order had shipped, try to cancel the order over the phone. If the order is picked and shipping but hasn't been updated on their site they cannot clear the order.

I understand a little more about fulfillment than the average joe - People in the Central time zone would be told that their order would ship tomorrow - same day cut-off is usually 4:00pm, sometimes even sooner. If the orders are shipping today for delivery on Friday, that had to have left within the last 90 minutes. If they didn't, they won't delivery on Friday unless AT&T is getting a bulk rate on next-day shipping which I highly doubt.

This is also standard 2-day which means by 7:30pm Monday-Friday, so no Saturday deliveries unless I missed something.

Sounds like you're in the "know" in this regard -- I checked my credit card statement...It looks like I have 4 pending charges that were all charged today. 3 of them are for $1 and the 4th is for $268 something. Does it sound to you like my order has gone through or would you say it's still in "pending" purgatory?

Edit: Forgot to mention, these charges are all from AT&T

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Long story short

CONFIRMED SHOCK? Yes.

Is it a big deal? No.

Calm down buddy. Your phone was fine with your first order.

EvoKnvl

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Have tracking number and already shows picked up by FedEx... No problems for my 3rd pre-ordered phone...
iPhone 4, HTC One X, and now Lumia 920...

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Son of a *****. I just did the premier eligibility check, put in my work email...and yes I am qualified. God dammit why didn't I know this sooner.

EvoKnvl

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Really? It says it can take up to two billing cycles for it to take effect on my account. But damn, I could have ordered my phone sooner last night.

Depends on your company, but you should. I think with my company I get 20% off my bill or something...

When I log into OLAM, in the upper right corner, it says I get a 20% discount on my bill. Yours might show up after a couple billing cycles...

Silly Putty

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Really? It says it can take up to two billing cycles for it to take effect on my account. But damn, I could have ordered my phone sooner last night.

If it makes you feel better, it seems that the people who ordered on the main site are getting tracking numbers while we're left in the dust

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss