11-09-2012 01:31 AM
30 12
tools
    I would like to provide an update to this post.

I received a call last night from Pedro who is the Social Media Manager for AT&T. I told me he had read this forum post and ask for me to summarize a bit more of my experience. I walked him though everything and he greatly apologized for my experience and thanked me for letting them know about the poor customer service.

I told him I was done trying to pre-order it because it was such a cluster, and that they needed to handle this release in a much better fashion. He informed me that the reason people are being charged is because the offer doesn't activate until tonight and that this was because of a miss-communication with the web team on advertising the offer. I ask him if I'd receive it Friday if I pre-order tonight and he told me he could not promise that.

My final question was what colors would be available in the brick and mortar stores; he included the disclaimer he doesn't know inventory for the stores however they will be receiving all of the colors.
    I wonder if Nokia should know about this horrible "LAUNCH" ATT did for their phone.

The 920 seems like a saviour for Nokia.

I wonder if this blunder will affect sales.
    11-08-2012 11:30 AM
    I would like to provide an update to this post.

I received a call last night from Pedro who is the Social Media Manager for AT&T. I told me he had read this forum post and ask for me to summarize a bit more of my experience. I walked him though everything and he greatly apologized for my experience and thanked me for letting them know about the poor customer service.

I told him I was done trying to pre-order it because it was such a cluster, and that they needed to handle this release in a much better fashion. He informed me that the reason people are being charged is because the offer doesn't activate until tonight and that this was because of a miss-communication with the web team on advertising the offer. I ask him if I'd receive it Friday if I pre-order tonight and he told me he could not promise that.

My final question was what colors would be available in the brick and mortar stores; he included the disclaimer he doesn't know inventory for the stores however they will be receiving all of the colors.
    That's definitely BS (or misinformation) on his part, unless that doesn't apply to premier.

It gave me my normal premier discount and the remainder was then discounted to make the plate $0.00! I'll post a pic when I get a chance.
    11-08-2012 12:07 PM
    My story of AT&T in a hopefully short post. Just after WP7 phones came out, I purchased a Samsung Focus on eBay. Since it GSM and I was on Verizon, I activated it on AT&T. After a few days, I decide WP7 was no where close to being market ready.

Time passes and today I decide that I want the Lumia 920 so I hop online and start the process. That was at midnight and I didn't realize that Premier customers had priority ordering. That's fine, no problem. Went to bed and got up at 5 and decided to try the process again.

I enter what I want and hit the place the order button. A few seconds later I get this sorry can't complete your order because of some credit issue. I have excellent credit so I started the process again and again mixed in with multiple calls to Customer Service and Sales at AT&T. 3.5 hours later I finally got an agent to tell me that my credit was holding things up. I asked what credit bureau they used and contacted them, paid $16 for a combined credit report and score. The score was 763 by the way with no burps on the credit report.

Back to AT&T I go. Now almost begging them to take my money. Another few calls and they still could not find what kicket me our for credit. By the way, they said if I put a security payment of $1000, yeah $1000 for security, they would place the order.

LOL is what I did.Now mind you, I placed orders multiple times online thinking it would go through. Nope, went to Best Buy site and got the same problem. Best Buy customer mimed the AT&T people and said they had no idea what the problem was.

OK, I go back to AT&T(I'm a glutton for punishment) and they find that all the orders I placed placed a flag on my account and it would be February before they expired. I could call or place an online order then. Are you ******* kidding me. I hung up. 20 minutes later a rep calls me and tell me they are trying to figure out how to erase all these calls but until they find the thing flagging my original order, I still could not order.

I ask you, would you give these idiots another chance?:mad:

After I calmed down and slept on it, the solution sort of came to mind. I tried one last time to order online with no luck. I then used my wife's name and info and the order was accepted. Along with the confirmation, I got a separate email saying that my order had been sent to the warehouse for shipment. So, I have a Carolina Blue Lumia 920 on it's way.

One slight hitch was I was not offered during the process any way to add the charging block so will call on Friday to see what the situation. I ordered off contract so I may not qualify for the freebee. Anyone care to offer and updated info on whether the off contract buyers get the charging block. Thanks for all the kind words I received on my initial post. I'm just an impatient old fuddy duddy.
    11-09-2012 12:27 AM
    While I've never been an AT&T customer, I've always got the feeling that it's their customer service that tends to bring them down as opposed to just going to a corporate store.

Honestly, it just takes stable communication in the chain of command. I'm just shocked how it can constantly get mixed or gone astray.
    11-09-2012 12:51 AM
    While I've never been an AT&T customer, I've always got the feeling that it's their customer service that tends to bring them down as opposed to just going to a corporate store.

Honestly, it just takes stable communication in the chain of command. I'm just shocked how it can constantly get mixed or gone astray.
    I really cannot say. I've never ordered online. I've always stopped at a corporate store to buy a new device. The folks in the store have always been knowledgeable, courteous and professional.

Whenever I've called customer service when I've had problems, that's been hit-or-miss. Some reps have been terrific, but others have been clueless.
    11-09-2012 01:31 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD