Is there LED notification on the 920?

MaulerX

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Not sure. On the technobuffalo review, they mention that when you put the phone on the wireless charger, there is an LED light that notifies you when the phone is charged.

It wasn't clear if the LED was on the phone or the wireless charger.

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Not sure. On the technobuffalo review, they mention that when you put the phone on the wireless charger, there is an LED light that notifies you when the phone is charged.

It's on the charger. The phone doesn't have a notification LED.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site

The LED is on the charger.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Not having a notification led: is it a hardware limitation or a software one?

Neither, technically. LED is not natively supported by WP but OEMs can add in LED notification much like how HTC added in LED notification for missed calls on the HTC Titan.

SergeMcG

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Neither, technically. LED is not natively supported by WP but OEMs can add in LED notification much like how HTC added in LED notification for missed calls on the HTC Titan.

Does it mean that if, let's say, Nokia wants to add this notification to the existing Nokia 920s it can?

SergeMcG

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Yes, let's send them an email. How long before they do?

There are so many features missing.. I'm even thinking returning my Lumia 920..

U_SAF

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
anything occured within the phone, like plugging charger, new notification, wireless charging, new message etc. the whole phone LIT UP for few seconds.. so there is no need of LED

Jrexxx

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm into sending an email to Nokia. I don't think that MS should bother with this stuff. But maybe, just maybe, Nokia will answer :)

U_SAF

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
yes, this is good question.. may be Microsoft can release an update to put phone on optional beeps incase of any pending notification... or may be they can lit up the windows button like Nokia N8 use to have.

Also, it's new device and lock screen shows nothing, not even time..so probably thrid party app can come up with a similar concenpt of N8 lock screen animated notifications.

but right now..the only option is sounds and lit up screen for notifications.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Also, it's new device and lock screen shows nothing, not even time..so probably thrid party app can come up with a similar concenpt of N8 lock screen animated notifications.

but right now..the only option is sounds and lit up screen for notifications.

Can't be done efficiently on the Lumia 920.

While this too is lacking in the software, but this feature pretty much requires and AMOLED screen. AMOLED screens are capable of lighting up single pixels, meaning that for example a "screensaver clock" or something uses a non-existant amount of battery. Non-AMOLED screens, such as the one on 920 light up every single pixel every time the screen is on cos there is a backlight, meaning displaying a clock as a "screensaver" would use a huge amount of battery. However, even the WPs with AMOLED screens that would have the hardware to use this feature are not able to use this feature cos it's not supported by the software.

wilsey

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
anything occured within the phone, like plugging charger, new notification, wireless charging, new message etc. the whole phone LIT UP for few seconds.. so there is no need of LED
When I received email, the screen won't lit up. It will only notify by sound. I'm not sure about sms though, haven't been using it to text somebody since I bought the phone.

wilsey

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Someone should make an app where the Windows logo features breathing light as our "LED notification"

Yeap, definitely. It will be great if the Windows Logo can fade in and fade out as the notification light. Beside fade in and fade out we can set the interval time as well. Or when the phone is fully charged, it will just stay on. So that we know the phone is fully charged.

Zolotoy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I totally agree. Not having a visual indication of any kind that some stuff needs your attention is like answer machine with no light for new messages.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss