11-26-2012 09:43 AM
140 ... 3456
tools
    what month was your upgrade in 2012?
    When I purchased original Lumia 900 in April, I was eligible at that time from my iPhone4. By checking my eligibility on my Lumia 900 days ago from my phone before contacting ATT, I was told I would not be eligible until November of 2013. Hope this answers your question.
    Last edited by zishbu; 11-12-2012 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Clarity
    11-12-2012 01:20 PM
    Phone #1: on contract until Oct 2013
    Phone #2: no contract
    Phone #3: on contract until March 2013

On Friday I called 611and was as friendly as possible. The short version of the story is after 105 minutes on the phone I had:

Phone #1: cyan 920
    Phone #2: iPhone 5
    Phone #3: cyan 920

Upgrade fees waived. Free shipping.
    I didn't push for the free wireless chargers because I had already been on the phone so long and was really happy about the 2 early upgrades. I'll call this week about the chargers.
    11-12-2012 01:59 PM
    How are you guys pushing for the early upgrades? 3rd call they said the best she could offer is 250+99 bucks. She talked to her floor manager and everything. Their biggest gripe is that i just started with them in April.
    11-12-2012 02:12 PM
    You guys...Thank you all for your stories which encouraged me to stay on the phone with them this morning! I have been calling at least twice since Friday till I got a rep who understood my request.

On my 12th - or so - try, I got a rep who sympathized completely and agreed to do the override (no manager intervention, nothing) and upgrade me for $99. Since I wanted the red which is currently on backorder, she will call me back by the end of the week and honor the override price. She's putting my account on "special treatment" so no one else meddles with it.

And strangely, I actually trust her - she (Anna) is an angel! YAY!
    11-12-2012 02:18 PM
    You guys...Thank you all for your stories which encouraged me to stay on the phone with them this morning! I have been calling at least twice since Friday till I got a rep who understood my request.

On my 12th - or so - try, I got a rep who sympathized completely and agreed to do the override (no manager intervention, nothing) and upgrade me for $99. Since I wanted the red which is currently on backorder, she will call me back by the end of the week and honor the override price. She's putting my account on "special treatment" so no one else meddles with it.

do you have her direct extension?

when is your normal upgrade month?
    11-12-2012 02:25 PM
    Chatted with three different girls on ATT Wireless Support. The first one spoke to a manager and said I would be unable to upgrade so I closed the box and started a new chat. This girl said that I would receive a call from a manager within 24 hours to discuss an early upgrade. I was fine with that but was unsure if somebody would actually call me so I started a new chat and the girl said that they were in the process of an "urgent case" to submit my upgrade and thanked me for being a "loyal member since 2008."

So I'm hoping that I will receive the phone call soon and hear some good news!
    11-12-2012 02:25 PM
    How are you guys pushing for the early upgrades? 3rd call they said the best she could offer is 250+99 bucks. She talked to her floor manager and everything. Their biggest gripe is that i just started with them in April.
    Its all on the rep you get, my girlfriend tried for two days straight and no luck, lucky took me 2 calls to get the 199 price the total came out to 213...im still waiting to call and see if they can match the 99 price and also need to inform them about the free charging pad
    11-12-2012 02:36 PM
    Okay I think I found a way to make this work for everybody after talking to the floor manager. She said If you find someones account in the exact same standing as yours or worse and they are able to get the upgrade they HAVE to honor it. So did anyone get the lumia launch day and not have their upgrade till nov 2013 or best yet just signed up with att in april want to give me their account holders name?
    11-12-2012 02:41 PM
    Okay I think I found a way to make this work for everybody after talking to the floor manager. She said If you find someones account in the exact same standing as yours or worse and they are able to get the upgrade they HAVE to honor it. So did anyone get the lumia launch day and not have their upgrade till nov 2013 or best yet just signed up with att in april want to give me their account holders name?
    I don't think this will work because if you look back at one of rvger's posts, his girlfriend wasn't able to do it even though he was able to do it for his line, and the rep just told her "I don't know how he was able to do that." Not saying not to try it, but it doesn't look like they'd be able to do that either. You could try what someone said earlier and say that you were in the process of getting the 99$ but got disconnected. The worse they could say is they don't see notes or anything about it.
    11-12-2012 07:18 PM
    I 611'ed AT&T about upgrading to the NL920 from my NL900. The initial customer representative said I wasn't eligible until Nov. '13. I asked to speak to a manager, who processed a Cyan NL920 for $99 (w/ interest came to $108+change) hassle-free. It couldn't have been an easier process.

I explained how online I was only being offered an early upgrade for the iPhone. And I wasn't sure if saying any of this stuff worked to my advantage, but I mentioned how I have been a loyal customer since Nov. '08 when i got my iPhone 3G; The 900 isn't eligible for WP8 software. The first guy I spoke to was obstinate, but the lady manager couldn't have been more accommodating.

I was so excited getting the 920 for $99, I forgot to ask about the charging plate. Not that I care really: It's my understanding it charges slower than a direct plugin anyway. The phone is backordered, unfortunately, so I don't know when I'll be receiving it. Either way, I feel taken care of.

I was ready to pull the $499 trigger on Microsoft's web store and would have except I wouldn't pay that much for a phone I'm not certain is unlocked. Luckily, I did not have to.

Thank you, AT&T!

EDIT: In addition, I didn't even bother *****footing with some song & dance to the manager, I flat out told her I read about people in my position getting the phone for the $99 price tag on WPCentral. Only having the 900 for 7 months, I wouldn't have even asked about an early upgrade if not for what I was reading on here.
    Last edited by cae758; 11-12-2012 at 07:35 PM. Reason: additional information
    11-12-2012 07:30 PM
    I 611'ed AT&T about upgrading to the NL920 from my NL900. The initial customer representative said I wasn't eligible until Nov. '13. I asked to speak to a manager, who processed a Cyan NL920 for $99 (w/ interest came to $108+change) hassle-free. It couldn't have been an easier process.

I explained how online I was only being offered an early upgrade for the iPhone. And I wasn't sure if saying any of this stuff worked to my advantage, but I mentioned how I have been a loyal customer since Nov. '08 when i got my iPhone 3G; The 900 isn't eligible for WP8 software. The first guy I spoke to was obstinate, but the lady manager couldn't have been more accommodating.

I was so excited getting the 920 for $99, I forgot to ask about the charging plate. Not that I care really: It's my understanding it charges slower than a direct plugin anyway. The phone is backordered, unfortunately, so I don't know when I'll be receiving it. Either way, I feel taken care of.

I was ready to pull the $499 trigger on Microsoft's web store and would have except I wouldn't pay that much for a phone I'm not certain is unlocked. Luckily, I did not have to.

Thank you, AT&T!
    Now that they gave you the $99 dollar price, call back tomorrow and tell them that you noticed that Walmart is selling it for $49. They will send you the money back or just give you a credit to your account. Trust me, it worked for me. So not only did I get the Lumia early but for $49 instead of $99 on top a free charger. I could not be any happier
    11-12-2012 07:33 PM
    I've been with ATT since the beginning, when they were Cellular One then Cingular. Since I have been with them for 15 years they always go the extra mile. Sorry for those having issues.

Jessica
    11-12-2012 07:44 PM
    Just tried again with 611, rep was nice, put me on hold for quite a while to talk to her manager, but the manager refused just because I've had the phone[900] for only 7 months.... i'll give it another go tomorrow and see what happens....
    11-12-2012 08:00 PM
    I don't think this will work because if you look back at one of rvger's posts, his girlfriend wasn't able to do it even though he was able to do it for his line, and the rep just told her "I don't know how he was able to do that." Not saying not to try it, but it doesn't look like they'd be able to do that either. You could try what someone said earlier and say that you were in the process of getting the 99$ but got disconnected. The worse they could say is they don't see notes or anything about it.
    Yea but I don't think they actually showed the situation because she said If I can show another instance (through account holder) per company policy they have to honor the upgrade.
    11-12-2012 09:46 PM
    My upgrade eligible is 11/2013, and they refused. I wonder if that one month (1 yr from now) makes a difference, or the fact that you upgraded 3 lines.

Anyone with upgrade eligible date of 11/2013 had any luck?
    Ditto on Nov. '13 and I had luck upgrading for $99. You can read my other post in this same thread detailing my experience. I'm sorry about your experience: Unfortunately the polar opposite of mine. Stay hopeful.

Hi guys, I have a Lumia 900, just blogged about my call today to ATT. I was approved for early upgrade pricing.

Upgrade Lumia 900 to Lumia 920 | Gabe's Blog

GL to other 900 owners out there!
    Glad to see someone else had a positive experience. The customer upgrade inconsistency within this thread is dumbfounding.

Now that they gave you the $99 dollar price, call back tomorrow and tell them that you noticed that Walmart is selling it for $49. They will send you the money back or just give you a credit to your account. Trust me, it worked for me. So not only did I get the Lumia early but for $49 instead of $99 on top a free charger. I could not be any happier
    Thanks! I'll give that a try tomorrow and take a shot at the charging pad as well. Worst case scenario, they say 'no.'

I'd like to add, the Yellow L920 was not offered over phone. I'm pretty sure it is an online only option anyway; I just haven't been paying enough attention to those details. Should be noted though.
    Last edited by cae758; 11-12-2012 at 10:02 PM. Reason: word correction
    giggles likes this.
    11-12-2012 10:00 PM
    THIS. Again, I bought Lumia 900 near launch. Upgrade date of 2013..

Curious. How do you buy an L900 around April 2012, and have an upgrade due in 2013? I thought early upgrades were 21 months. At least it is for me. Been an AT&T customer since the first time they were AT&T Wireless.

Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro
    11-12-2012 10:28 PM
    Curious. How do you buy an L900 around April 2012, and have an upgrade due in 2013? I thought early upgrades were 21 months. At least it is for me. Been an AT&T customer since the first time they were AT&T Wireless.

Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro
    Yea I thought that was odd too. I gut a launch day Lumia and my upgrade is Nov on 2013. That's like 18 months elapsed in my contract by then.
    11-12-2012 10:54 PM
    Yea I thought that was odd too. I gut a launch day Lumia and my upgrade is Nov on 2013. That's like 18 months elapsed in my contract by then.
    I got my titan 2 in April, and my upgrade is november of 2013
    11-12-2012 11:38 PM
    I believe the upgrade deal and full discour is 18 months into your contract. I was wondering for the people who got the 199 pricing and called back to get credited to the 99 price. Did you have the phone already or did you preorder and called to negotiate the price match to full discount.
    11-13-2012 04:18 AM
    I called in to do the preorder. Went that route because of my one line eligible second not status. The trend I'm noticing is long standing customers of at&t seem to have been able to get them to deal in varying degrees.
    11-13-2012 06:33 AM
    I tried to order a Lumia 920 on AT&T's website twice and both times the order went through but when I checked the status it was "cancelled." I then went to the AT&T store for assistance in ordering the phone and the salesperson, who knew nothing about the Lumia 920, said he could order the phone but I would not get the free charging plate and he recommended I dial 611 on my AT&T phone for assistance. I called AT&T and spoke briefly with a representative who said she was transferring me to someone who could order the phone. After being on hold for a while I got a recording that said there was no one available to assist, gave an 800 number to call later and hung up on me! This was in the middle of the afternoon on a weekday. I called back later and was connected with a salesperson who was able to take my order. I had to pay full price for the phone, $449.00, and he had to consult a manager to decide if I could get the charging plate for free. I told him it was advertised on their website and he eventually said he had been given "special permission" to honor the offer. He also said the cyan model, which he insisted was pronounced "cayenne", was back ordered and I could expect it in December. Because of the backorder he was giving me free shipping. I will be surprised if this phone arrives at all.
    11-13-2012 07:09 AM
    Just called again trying to give them some verification of people who have gotten the deal. Jessica the supervising manager said the only way people get early upgrades is 30 days close.
    She was pretty adamant about that. Then when I said others have gotten it she said that she dosent know what transpired in that call but it's lies. She got quite rude. I've been as polite as possible and these reps and especially managers are calling bs on all of this.

It's quite sad ive explained the whole situation to them. Talked about how I switched over from sprint for better customer service bought 2 launch day lumias and how my line is currently on its 3rd one replacement.
    11-13-2012 07:43 AM
    Just called again trying to give them some verification of people who have gotten the deal. Jessica the supervising manager said the only way people get early upgrades is 30 days close.
    She was pretty adamant about that. Then when I said others have gotten it she said that she dosent know what transpired in that call but it's lies. She got quite rude. I've been as polite as possible and these reps and especially managers are calling bs on all of this.

It's quite sad ive explained the whole situation to them. Talked about how I switched over from sprint for better customer service bought 2 launch day lumias and how my line is currently on its 3rd one replacement.
    Wow that's just ridiculous, I have witnessed the same malarkey from reps while my g/f was trying, she was even told that there is no way to preorder over the phone lol...its quite saddening how these reps are giving a ****load of crap concerning exceptional upgrades for people
    11-13-2012 08:15 AM

IIRC that is the same rep I got (see: http://forums.windowscentral.com/lumia-920/202283.htm), she said she was in Utah and just got back from vacation. I guess her vacation was good :happy:
    11-13-2012 08:22 AM
    IIRC that is the same rep I got (see: http://forums.windowscentral.com/lumia-920/202283.htm), she said she was in Utah and just got back from vacation. I guess her vacation was good :happy:
    u have a direct extension to her line?
    11-13-2012 09:05 AM
140 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD