Just talked to an At&t rep about an early upgrade...

DKDogz54

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
So would the best bet be to order the phone at $199 and then call back when later and state that the 2-year agreement price is $99?
Seems like the best route. Me being impatient, I told them to leave a note so I can pick it up at the corporate store on saturday, but it states in the note that I will be charged $199. I'll call 611 later that day and ask for a PM to the $99. Sounds complicated so I hope it works :)

dynamikeee

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Wow. I tried to insist me picking it up at the store, but they kept saying the stores have no power to override the upgrade eligibility. Hm, maybe i'll ask if they can leave a note on there and I'll pay the 200 then call them to see if they can bring it to $99. If not I can always return it.

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Just called them and was told there was nothing they can do for me because the upgrade is too far for me.... I have a launch 900 as well.... might try again later on.

DKDogz54

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Just called them and was told there was nothing they can do for me because the upgrade is too far for me.... I have a launch 900 as well.... might try again later on.
Having a premier account helps too. I'm thinking that's why some of us were offered the early upgrade.

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Having a premier account helps too. I'm thinking that's why some of us were offered the early upgrade.

My family is on a premier account. Did you talk to premier service? It sounded to me that I was stuck to regular service, because when I then asked about my preorder for my other line, they had to transfer me to premier apparently.... so I might try calling them again if I can find the number for premier, I just called 611 last time but it said business support when it picked up.

Etyrnus

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I have premier and still no dice. I can't figure it out. How long have you people been att customers?

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

I've been with them since 2003. And I was 8 months out of eligible on one line, with my other line eligible. Also, mine is an enterprise account due to work based discount.

panheid

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I've been with them since 2003. And I was 8 months out of eligible on one line, with my other line eligible. Also, mine is an enterprise account due to work based discount.

Ok maybe that's my problem. This is my first two year contact.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
No luck. I tried again, this time calling the Premier support, this time using the number I got through our Premier provider, and they took the time to look at what they can do, and also asked their supervisor, but they still aren't able to do a thing for me... just my luck. I just wish 7.8 details would come out to help console me through this, lol.

anon(361265)

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Thee at&t website tells me my upgrade date is 1-13-13. What your guys' thoughts on asking for an upgrade to the L920 on the 13th of this month?

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I called to ask about an early upgrade today, and they granted it. They waived the early upgrade fee and the overnight shipping, but they told me the free charging pad was an online only offer. Tomorrow I'm going to call and see if I can get one anyway from a different rep. One cyan 920 incoming!

anon(361265)

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I called to ask about an early upgrade today, and they granted it. They waived the early upgrade fee and the overnight shipping, but they told me the free charging pad was an online only offer. Tomorrow I'm going to call and see if I can get one anyway from a different rep. One cyan 920 incoming!
When was your official upgrade date?

Incision

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
A rep was able to give me the phone for $99 even though I was under contract till June 2013. I called them numerous times until I was able to reach a nice rep. He then said that he was going to waive the 920 to $99 for me since I have been a long time customer with them. Try it see what happens. Not every rep is understanding. dont give up!

tlegend2012

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I just got an early Upgrade... My upgrade day should be may 2013 I got an upgrade for $130.80 ...1st rep i spoke to... He said it takes 2 people to do this..he spoke with his manager and she put her approval code...

Total is $130.80..

DKDogz54

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
So I ending up having them ship it to me for $199 instead. Apparently, the last guy never wrote down the part where I can just pick it up from the store. Not only that, but they raised the price to $223; random price. So after arguing with them, I got them to just ship it to me for $199. They gave me their word that if the corporate store sells it for $99, I can PM. Hope this holds true!

anon(361265)

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
So I ending up having them ship it to me for $199 instead. Apparently, the last guy never wrote down the part where I can just pick it up from the store. Not only that, but they raised the price to $223; random price. So after arguing with them, I got them to just ship it to me for $199. They gave me their word that if the corporate store sells it for $99, I can PM. Hope this holds true!
Wait, so you can order over the phone with Customer Service and then pick it up in the store afterwards? And this yields different prices...?

tlegend2012

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Well intially, he told me $223 , then his manager got it down to 130.80, , so you might want to call back and say " Couple of my friends got it for $99" that should do it..I've done that and got it.

anon(361265)

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Well intially, he told me $223 , then his manager got it down to 130.80, , so you might want to call back and say " Couple of my friends got it for $99" that should do it..I've done that and got it.
Oh I see.. But you do have the option to order over the phone and then pick it up in store afterwards at whatever price you agreed to over the phone?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs