Microsoft advertising Grey L920

anon(157335)

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. There is no cyan shown there as well.

I'm not holding my breath that they will have the grey for sale, but if they do that's where I'll be purchasing.

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Common belief is that they scrapped the grey for cyan in the US.

this is correct, and it makes the picture make sense, as they basically used a stock press photo for the international set. that's why there's no cyan, but there is grey.

the microsoft store isn't going to carry any phones that aren't available for a carrier. the lumia 800 was the only exception, and they didn't even carry much stock of that.

unboxfetish

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Was having one more color really going to change profit that drastically?

Gray is an easy choice over the black for me, and it's matte, right? I'd like to see how people like their flashy yellows and reds and cyans 1-2 years out.

Munkeyphyst

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
The colors aren't even vibrant, they're just primary. The HTC colors are more interesting, tbh. That said, I'm considering the black, cyan or white, in that order. If grey was available here, it'd be a tie with black in that list until I could see it hands on...

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Was having one more color really going to change profit that drastically?

Gray is an easy choice over the black for me, and it's matte, right? I'd like to see how people like their flashy yellows and reds and cyans 1-2 years out.

Have had cyan N9 since 2011 and loving it to this day. Would buy cyan Lumia 920 in a heartbeat if it was available here in Europe on launch.

Just a reminder that neither is grey available anywhere in Europe.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I initially liked the grey as well, but that's basically taking it back to 2000-2005, when grey and silver phones were the norm. The trend thereafter was generally black. With the advent of a colorful OS like WP, colored phones will fit right in.

Stadifer

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Anything you seeing marketing materials-wise I wouldn't put to much thought into. Historically those materials are poorly done to begin with in regards to accuracy.

MAERSK

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
the microsoft store isn't going to carry any phones that aren't available for a carrier. the lumia 800 was the only exception, and they didn't even carry much stock of that.

The online store is going to carry every possible color tho. If AT&T isn't carrying the grey model. What version is this online grey model then? Unlocked? 1700/2100 bands? One can only hope

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos