Free Wireless Charging Plate - DENIED!!

tapiocamilktea

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm a premier, and I wasn't able to get the wireless charging plate also when checking out because I have a less than $20 data plan. I took a risk and just ordered the phone by itself, and then tried calling the customer service to see if they can add it in the order. Unfortuneately my order is pending shipment and they can't do anything. Now I have to wait for the phone to actually get delivered, then return it, and then reorder again. A big hassel and that means I won't have my phone the whole time. I hope ATT does something about this so I can just redeem my charger somewhere else, possibly from an ATT store so I can just starting using my 920 phone.

Fightin Loon

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I asked the att guy at the store and he said the promotion is from 11/9/12 to 1/10/13.

He said buy one between those dates and you'll get a free charger. And if you don't, they'll probably give you one when they get more in stock. He was reading from the screen.

pderosa

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I called 7 AM yesterday. I was trying to order online and it had the wrong price. It said $199 and was not giving me the charger for free. Called in to Premier and they gave me a hard time for over an hour. First they said they did not have the phone. Then they magically were going to order it for me. I asked for the charger and they said that they did not match deals online. I told them I would love to order online, but their system was screwed up. They finally bend and say they will give me the charger and then say that they can't find it in the system and tell me that they will note my account and I can get a credit after I buy one at a COR store. Terrible customer service. I doubt it will work out and I will get it. I may buy the charging stand which looks a little nicer than the pad.

multek

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I got red lumia 920 today at local store, no accessory available yet. The sale man will call me when they have charge pad available. He wasn't aware that charge pad is free with phone, I showed him the ATT press release in the net.

vioalas

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
A rep told me that I had to enter some code onto a website Nokia is creating so they send me my charger. Obviously there is a ton of miscommunication going on at the moment. Just save your receipt and be prepared to talk to many people that don't know what's going on. They probably won't know until a week after launch. Hopefully they come with the phone and not later like the woman said. Either way, $99 for a 32gb phone is enough of a gift for me.

anon(5339110)

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
A rep told me that I had to enter some code onto a website Nokia is creating so they send me my charger. Obviously there is a ton of miscommunication going on at the moment...

After I told an AT&T supervisor that I was going to let Nokia know how bad AT&T had screwed up the 920 launch, he told me that the promo was "strictly an AT&T deal," and for me not to look to Nokia for relief. And then he repeated that AT&T had run out of the chargers very fast, and I was SOL--no matter who I talked to.

anon(157335)

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
After I told an AT&T supervisor that I was going to let Nokia know how bad AT&T had screwed up the 920 launch, he told me that the promo was "strictly an AT&T deal," and for me not to look to Nokia for relief. And then he repeated that AT&T had run out of the chargers very fast, and I was SOL--no matter who I talked to.

Stay classy, AT&T.

anon(5339110)

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I may buy the charging stand which looks a little nicer than the pad.
I think that the charging stand might be a better option, too. I would like to have one of each for different locations, say a desk vs a nightstand.

That being said, I still have not been able to find either one of the wireless chargers on AT&T's accessories web site--and I have scrolled through them all--again and again.

Called in to Premier....They finally bend and say they will give me the charger and then say that they can't find it in the system
I thought the "Premier" customers could at least "see" the chargers on the web site?

txaggies07

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I called yesterday because the rep I originally ordered with didn't include it. I now have a new tracking number for the charging plate.

Wayne Crannell

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Ordered mine at 12:05 am on the 7th (Premier site) and was able to add the charger to the order...I do believe that only the BLACK charger qualifies. The final order included that charge with a like credit. I received the phone as promised on the 9th but not at all surprisingly, without the charger.

A little poking around showed an email confirmation on my order with a note saying, "Your order includes items that cannot yet be shipped" (or something like that). I would ordinarily assume this to mean they will ship one when they get them in stock....yeah, uh huh. I also know this is AT&T and the chances of me ever seeing my charger are slim to none.

That being said, I sense they were slammed on the 7th. My phone arrived in a box half opened and the SIM inserted upside down. (Phone was fine but it took a while to realize that the activation process doesn;t really take if the SIM is not recognized....morons.) AT&T also added a new voice plan to our four line shared family setup....I had to call last night and have them change my line back to the family plan. They were shockingly efficient at this, BTW.

I am always completely flabbergasted at the general inability of AT&T to run a tech company with any degree of efficiency, but the store is worse when you have to actually teach the reps how to run their phones and help them realize what they have in stock. :dry

eortizr

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
When I bought mine off contract yesterday afternoon at the store, I was initially denied the charger, with the excuse that it was only for customers getting the 2yr contract extention. I did not fight it at all cuz I already new what I needed to do. Got my phone and walk out the store, then just called customer service and stated that I just bought a Lumia 920 and the store did not have any inventory on the 'Free' charger and they told me to call CS to get the charger shipped to me. The first rep. said it was not possible for them to do that and it had to be add the store. I call again and got another rep. this one was more willing to help me, at the fist she was unable to find the charger in their inventory, so I went online and looked for the actual SKU of the charger and told her the SKU, she find it in their system, got the manager to override the price to $0 and is been shipped overnight to me for free to..

bono5112

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Got my phone yesterday (launch day) they didn't have the wireless plate in stock. Asked my rep, he knew nothing about promo but asked store manager who did. Bottom line is he ordered it on the spot and shipped it directly to my house.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I also bought mine off contract (I use Straight Talk) at an ATT store yesterday. I mentioned the free charging pad when at the desk to pay. The guy looked it up for a bit then said okay. He took $49 off the phone and then did a separate transaction to have the charger sent to my house. Took a little while but I didn't have to argue or anything.

John Maynus

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I've been asking around about if I'm getting the free Wireless Charging Plate or not. First was told "No promo like that!" then didn't hear anything else, etc. Today I sent off a new email and got a reply, I had to call order support.

The lady I talked to said on my notes it states I'm suppose to get one BUT it hadn't been processed or shipped yet. So hopefully once they start shipping them out I'll get mine.

threedjoev

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Well, I went through the same issues as everyone else did early yesterday morning trying to get my Lumia 920 order past AT&T's dysfunctional web site.

While I was trying to order, I online chatted with several AT&T reps who all said they were having problems with the web site, and to either keep trying, or try again in an hour. As with everyone (other than Premier customers), I was unable to find the wireless charger on the accessories page to add to my order. Yesterday, I chatted with an AT&T rep, who said not to worry about it, that if was not listed as included on my shipping notice, to simply call and "they" would take care of it. She promised to make a note on my account...

This morning, the charging plate is not shown as having shipped to me, so I did call AT&T. The first AT&T rep said, "Nope, no charging plate for you. There were limited quantities and we ran out." I talked to supervisor Anton (#AC177D), and he said the same thing, "You missed out; they went fast!" Then, I talked to someone else who said they sold out within 6 hours, but he was no help and had no further info.

I placed my order at 3:02AM CST, which was just about the soonest that the "regular customer" order web site started working. So, even if they did, really, "run out" of stock, I placed my order in plenty of time to be entitled to a wireless charging plate.

Obviously, I am not done with this. I suggest anyone who is in my position, who ordered the 920 without seeing the charging plate on the accessories page, should start calling to verify their "promised" promotional charging plate.

What a clusterf-ck ordering this phone from AT&T has become...
Hey, I ordered my Nokia Lumia 920 online as well, and they didn't say anything about the charging plate. That seems to be what everyone else is having trouble with as well? Well, my phone isn't set to arrive until Tuesday, but the charging plate came in the mail today (saturday). So, it seems they are just sending them out. Hopefully you all get yours soon!!

Also, the charging pad wasn't on the list of items shipped from AT&T, so yours still may be coming!!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon