Store availability thread(where and how many)

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Northern Virginia (near Washington, DC):

Black - a bunch of stores showing "limited stock", a few even showing "in stock." Only a couple showing "Out of stock" still.

White - only two stores showing "in stock," both far from me. The rest show "out of stock."

Red - a few "limited stock", a few "in stock," mostly "out of stock."

Cyan - all "out of stock"

Yellow - absolutely nada :( :(

pike1783

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Sounding like black is a sure thing, red and white being mostly limited to half or less stores (from what I've seen), cyan and yellow being online only despite some AT&T store reps saying otherwise.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I am also getting limited stock on white, black, and redat the stores near me. Yellow and cyan are showing as out of stock everywhere. My closest store, however, says there is not stock. Needed a reason to cross the border into NH so as not to pay sales taxes anyway. Might entice me to pick up some accessories this way as well. :)

EDIT: By the way, I am just north of Beantown.

Last edited:

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Contacted three stores near me in bay area california that the site showed in stock, they said they dont know about the shipments or what colors.

I said to one, the website says that you guys have it in stock and she laughs and goes, well we can't say anything about them until tomorrow.

One authorized retailer told me how many the would get and what colors which i posted earlier in teh thread, att should be able to do the same, they just dont want to.

pike1783

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
How about Microsoft Store retail locations? Anyone know what they will be carrying?
From other threads today, it sounded like they are getting the same availability in-store as AT&T is getting. I've wondered the same thing about them and Best Buy. Hopefully there will be more information tomorrow, but I'm beginning to highly doubt a smooth launch.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
How about Microsoft Store retail locations? Anyone know what they will be carrying?

I asked two nights ago and all of them were completely clueless about launch day. The good news is that they all knew what phone I was talking about. The bad news is they couldn't even tell me IF they would be getting any on Friday.

mcgrathpatj

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I called the MS Store here in Orange County, CA. The sales associate did not know of when any WP8 phones would be arriving. He did know what phone I was talking about (L920) and did say that they will sell them though.

anon(157335)

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Within the last hour the closest AT&T store to me changed their white stock status from out of stock to limited stock, and four of the closest five have black listed as in stock now.

Nothing new with the other colors, still showing as out of stock at all nearby stores. Farther away from me several stores have limited stock of red now though.

I'm guessing that they are in the process if checking in shipments.

Credorion

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Space Coast area of Florida

Eau Galle Road has Black and Red in stock (no numbers given). And the store reps said that the cyan & yellow phones were special orders only.

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Went into my brand new store in Sierra Vista AZ. Confirmed order of one of each color (yes including yellow and cyan). However, two bad things, one being they only ordered one of each color, and two that the rep said "we couldn't place an order til this morning and so we won't get any til Wednesday most likely". So I'm pretty bummed that if I want it I will probably have to go to a store 75 miles away in Tucson to get one.

*edit* he actually showed me the order on his computer screen and the estimated arrival date. He was a Lumia 900 user

*editx2* forgot to mention that the rep told me that they would not be carrying any charging plates, and that if I wanted to get one with my 920 I should buy it online.

Last edited:

JUSTQUAN2

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Update for Chicago, IL.... Att store on 8658 S Cottage Grove Ave. will not sell any phone unless its an upgrade or new contract.

(Inside of River Oaks mall)
96 River Oaks Center
Calumet City‎ Illinois‎ 60409
Will not sell the phones day either. Due to limited supply.

At&t Wireless
Matteson, IL 60443
(708) 748-2910
Said if they have it in stock they will sell it without contract.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99