Store availability thread(where and how many)

wp8nyc

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm bringing a copy of the AT&T press release with me, just in case the local store staff aren't fully aware of the details. Not expecting any trouble, though.

Sent from my The New iPad using Tapatalk

Can someone please post a link to the official release so I can print a copy as well. I know I saw it somewhere on here but cant find it.

Thanks

The store in Stamford CT has black and white only.

octavian90

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
In the Bronx here...most stores said they'd only have black and white. One store however said they're have "blue, black, white, and maybe even pink!" Pretty sure these hourly wage workers don't really know what's going on. I was hoping to compare black and cyan..

Fightin Loon

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm in Richmond, VA. The AT&T store near downtown has 20, 5 red, 5 white, 5 black, 5 cyan.

So red, white, blue and black.

I was actually at the store when they received their shipment and the guy pulled a black one out for me to check out.

Last edited:

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm in Richmond, VA. The AT&T store near downtown has 20, 5 red, 5 white, 5 black, 5 cyan.

So red, white, blue and black.

I was actually at the store when they received their shipment and the guy pulled a black one out for me to check out.

Interesting... first I've heard of any AT&T store having cyan.

*EDIT: Just search the AT&T website, and they weren't showing any cyans in Richmond, VA.

Last edited:

JUSTQUAN2

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
By the way, did I miss something, where are people checking local stock from?

I'm calling all the stores I posted askign if they will have it in tomorrow. I will have to ride out to Crestwood because that seems to be the only place willing to sale no contract. I will have my laptop tomorrow at work so I can find a closer store or authorized retailer. I just sold my iphone 5 10mins ago so I need one of these store to give me one LBVS.

wtupyo

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Not that any of you are near me, but Anchorage, AK only showing limited stock of white at 1 store (of course opens at 10am and I have to be at work by 9:30); will still drop by the other store that opens at 9am close to me just in case online inventory is incorrect. Otherwise, I'll ask them to see if the other store can hold a white for me to pick up at lunch time.

Other stores have red, and most have black. No cyan or yellow.

Would have gone with cyan but I already have a cyan 900 :D

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
no white ones ANYWHERE in the tiny tiny city of los angeles. what a piss poor launch.

i was at the los angeles microsoft store today though, and they said they were going to have some black white and red ones in tomorrow. so if the att store doesn't have any when i call them tomorrow, the msft store will be my last hope of getting the phone on launch day. :\

wtupyo

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
no white ones ANYWHERE in the tiny tiny city of los angeles. what a piss poor launch.

i was at the los angeles microsoft store today though, and they said they were going to have some black white and red ones in tomorrow. so if the att store doesn't have any when i call them tomorrow, the msft store will be my last hope of getting the phone on launch day. :\

At least you have a MS store as another option, my only other options are to either a) wait it until until an AT&T or Best Buy store gets white or b) order online and wait

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
After saying they'd be in today, both Microsoft Stores in my area this morning say they don't have any in and they don't know when they will :mad:. I'll check back later today. Glad I didn't miss any work to drive there at 10 a.m. Best Buy meanwhile only has black.

TheDvlsAdvc8

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
The AT&T stores in my area, Huntsville, Alabama, only have black, red, and white. There were five people waiting at the door for one when the store opened.

I've since searched AT&T's inventory online, and I'm not seeing any cyans anywhere in Alabama, Atlanta or Nashville.

Best buy doesn't have any at all.

Looks like I'm going to have to order one. :\

In other news, the weight objections to this thing are possibly the most overblown thing in the history of tech reporting. Its not a feather like the iphone 5, but its plenty light.

Last edited:

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
The AT&T stores in my area, Huntsville, Alabama, only have black, red, and white. There were five people waiting at the door for one when the store opened.

I've since searched AT&T's inventory online, and I'm not seeing any cyans anywhere in Alabama, Atlanta or Nashville.

Looks like I'm going to have to order one. :\

Wasn't cyan confirmed since the start to be only available online?

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Wasn't cyan confirmed since the start to be only available online?

My local store (Sierra Vista AZ) showed me their 920 order in their computer to where they ordered one of each white black cyan yellow and red but told me they don't expect to get them until Wednesday

laserfloyd

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Local store, only black. Another nearby town has red and black. No line but this store is never busy anyway.

The rep was really trying but just didn't know anything about it. He kept trying to pull up info and I was like "dude, I know what it does" and rattled off some features. I think I trained him? :p

Someone did call about the phone while I was checking it out though. It's sexy. Feels solid and built well. Just a bit longer to wait and hopefully I can get my beloved red. :)

Side note though, the reps all had Windows 8 shirts on. I even asked if they were selling Win8 devices and he said "yes, it came out today" /facepalm. haha

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
So what is the verdict on the colors in store? most specifically corporate stores, i am assuming all authorized reteilers will only get black and white for now.

veereshai

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I went to the AT&T store this morning at the Pentagon City mall and found that they just had black ones in stock. I am looking for a Red lumia and they asked me to check with Microsoft Stores in the same mall and they did have red. Unfortunately, there was an issue and the MS store said they will not be able to activate my phone at that point in time. So, I offered to come back later in the evening and pick it up and they said they would hold that one for me. But there were no lines or anything. AT&T and the MS store were kinda empty except for me and couple of other guys.

I checked with the MS store if they'd give me the free charger as AT&T is doing so, they said they won't be giving me one :(. So, I'll try and go to other AT&T stores here in the city to check if they have a red one and if they don't, I'll have to give up on the free charger and buy it from MS store.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaviSmalle