RANT: AT&T my order

vizagdude

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I am so FURIOUS. I got a shipping notification from AT&T stating that my phone was shipped on the 7th via USPS. I was happy assuming I would get it on the 9th. But when I actually wanted to track the shipment, I was disappointed to see that they shipped it via USPS which does not have real time tracking.

Today, when I actually wanted to track the package with the tracking number they gave me, USPS system did not recognize the number. I called the post office to see what was wrong... they said... the package was not even picked up by USPS... if it were the system would've recognized the number.

I called AT&T immediately to ask them What the **** went wrong and identify the right number... Those idiots couldn't do ****. All they were able to tell me was.. that my package was shipped as far as their systems are concerned and I cannot cancel my order once it's already shipped. The only thing I can do is, once I receive the package, I can return it in the store.

I spent over $480.00 and pre-ordered a Black NL 920 with the hope I would get it tomorrow and these bastards messed it so badly, that I cannot even pick one up tomorrow since they already charged my CC on the 7th, and nobody has a F***in clue where the **** my device is. And I did not even care for the Free wireless charger that they promised which did not come up in my order or could not even find it in the accessory section.

F U AT&T.. the worst launch ever for a Flagship device.

Last edited by a moderator:

bauerbach

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
you need to way way calm down lol. Before getting all pissed off and angry (which let me promise you, is the best way to get 0 real insight from a CS rep), you should probably understand that USPS is delivery confirmation, not tracking. And it rarely updates in anything resembling real time to anything. The USPS people probably have access to the same information that you have... they see what you see and if necessary, will defer blame for your anger onto the other party just to get you off the phone and not be mad at them.

AT&T is certainly not fabricating tracking numbers, so if they gave you a tracking number, it means your getting a phone, and sooner rather than later.

Now, I cant promise itll get to you tomorrow vs sat (USPS does do sat delivery remember), or even Tuesday. but its on its way to you.

As for your free accessory... if you placed an order without it attached... that's on you. By most accounts, people that are courteous with the ATT reps seem to be getting credited for a free charger after the fact. Or Nokia is offering them as well.

Its a phone, itll get to you soon, just take a deep breath, crack a beer, and hope for the best tomorrow.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
qnpbs.gif

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I had a similar situation happen to me when I bought a digital camera and SDcard about a year ago. The card got lost in the mail, even though the USPS claimed it was delivered. I called Staples, which was where I ordered it and the camera from, and they were very helpful. They shipped out a new card and didn't charge me extra. I would check to see what happens with the USPS and then if the status is that your phone has shipped but you don't physically have it, then call AT&T again. They can't just screw you over.

Etyrnus

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
A disaster? Considering they hooked me up with an early upgrade at the 2 year price, plus when I called today to ask if the charge plate was included with my order promptly added it at no charge, I'd not call that a disaster. I'll get my phone tomorrow, and my charge plate next week.

evilrobot

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
A disaster? Considering they hooked me up with an early upgrade at the 2 year price, plus when I called today to ask if the charge plate was included with my order promptly added it at no charge, I'd not call that a disaster. I'll get my phone tomorrow, and my charge plate next week.

Unfortunately I think you are the exception and not the rule :(

mikewp

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
you need to way way calm down lol. Before getting all pissed off and angry (which let me promise you, is the best way to get 0 real insight from a CS rep), you should probably understand that USPS is delivery confirmation, not tracking. And it rarely updates in anything resembling real time to anything. The USPS people probably have access to the same information that you have... they see what you see and if necessary, will defer blame for your anger onto the other party just to get you off the phone and not be mad at them.

AT&T is certainly not fabricating tracking numbers, so if they gave you a tracking number, it means your getting a phone, and sooner rather than later.

Now, I cant promise itll get to you tomorrow vs sat (USPS does do sat delivery remember), or even Tuesday. but its on its way to you.

As for your free accessory... if you placed an order without it attached... that's on you. By most accounts, people that are courteous with the ATT reps seem to be getting credited for a free charger after the fact. Or Nokia is offering them as well.

Its a phone, itll get to you soon, just take a deep breath, crack a beer, and hope for the best tomorrow.

bauerbach is 100% correct with everything he said.

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
It's an effing phone. You are having a heart attack over a phone. Yes, you spent money, but you would have spent the money whether it shows up tomorrow, Saturday or Tuesday. AT&T knows this, otherwise why go through the hassle of ordering it?

At this point yelling at customer service means you are screwing the proverbial pooch. Even if there was something seriously wrong with the order, do you think these reps get paid to do much more beyond the basic levels? No - so if you get mad or think about yelling just don't. If you find yourself spinning your wheels hang up and call again in a few. Not worth fighting them over the phone. ****, I fight enough on the phone for the company I work for and I'm paid to do it. AT&T isn't compensating me to fight with their staff.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to figure out where this is AT&T's fault. They said it shipped on their end.

I think every one that's complaining on this site is getting you to do the same. USPS is the lastttttttttttttttttttt courier I would ever trust with tracking info. They are the worst!

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to figure out where this is AT&T's fault. They said it shipped on their end.

I think every one that's complaining on this site is getting you to do the same. USPS is the lastttttttttttttttttttt courier I would ever trust with tracking info. They are the worst!
The problem is that it's At&t. Who knows if they shipped it or not.

Etyrnus

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately I think you are the exception and not the rule :(

Maybe, but since I work in a customer service call center myself, I stay polite and don't get threatening. I wasn't even expecting them to do it, I just thought it wouldn't hurt to ask, and then they did it. I even told the rep I understood if they couldn't. Little things go a long way when you call in.

Stadifer

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
If the device shows shipped via USPS then it has been shipped... As someone else said it isn't a tracking number per-say but a delivery confirmation. Even if it was tracking USPS does not do a good job in that department.

To that end it is entirely possible that the package has not been picked up yet and registered in the USPS system. Most pick ups are at the end of the business day and don't get updated in the system until the truck returns to the sorting facility.

I fail to see how they f'ed up your order. I have the same situation on my end and it clearly was shipped and is en route. I'd like to have an ETA but USPS doesn't work like FedEx or UPS. I'm guessing it shows up Saturday or Tuesday... I'll be shocked if it here on Friday, surprised if it makes it Saturday, not surprised if it shows up Tuesday.

Etyrnus

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Also, USPS "tracking numbers" can take up to 48 hours to show in their system. There have been times they delivered before it was even trackable

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077