I called my local Microsoft Store (Scottsdale AZ) to see if they would have the new WP8 handsets tomorrow since I'd prefer to do business with them instead of the AT&T store. I was told that they wouldn't have any tomorrow and that I should go to an AT&T store instead. Anybody else's Microsoft Store the same? I was pretty disappointed to hear this.
    11-08-2012 06:47 PM
    I called my local Microsoft Store (Scottsdale AZ) to see if they would have the new WP8 handsets tomorrow since I'd prefer to do business with them instead of the AT&T store. I was told that they wouldn't have any tomorrow and that I should go to an AT&T store instead. Anybody else's Microsoft Store the same? I was pretty disappointed to hear this.
    I just called the store in Bellevue, WA and they said they cannot say anything today and to call back tomorrow. They also said you could pre-order in store.
    11-08-2012 07:09 PM
    The Microsoft store in the Mall of America in Bloomington, Mn says they will have them.
    11-08-2012 09:08 PM
    Oak Brook and Chicago IL will have them.
    ProfessorTripp likes this.
    11-08-2012 09:31 PM
    I posted this in another thread:

I stopped by the MS store today. The sales rep said they just were told today about the WP8 launch. He said AT&T first this weekend. He was going on and on about the 920 how he loved it. I ask if I could see one and he said they haven't arrived yet. I ask how he knew it was so great? He said because they Nokia rep was in last week with a 920 and 820. The other sales person was bummed out that he wasn't in when the rep was there so he never saw it yet. I specifically ask about yellow and he said I'll check, we he returned he said yes we will have yellow. So he was sure they'd have 920's this weekend maybe even tomorrow. Both sales people I talked to were very excited to get them. I'm sure those 2 guys will be pushing them to everyone. He gave me a card and said call at 10:00 tomorrow and I'll let you know if they are in yet.

BTW:

They also said all store sales reps will carry a 920 and use them to ring up customers. Very cool!
    11-08-2012 09:48 PM
    Keep in mind all of these Microsoft Stores that say they will have them haven't gotten their shipments in yet. Same goes here in the DC area. They do say they expect them at some point tomorrow though. I'd call ahead before making the trek.
    11-08-2012 09:53 PM
    As of this morning, both MS stores in my area have backtracked on their claims yesterday that they'll have the Lumia 920 today. Hence the cautionary post I made above this one last night. I'll check back with them later today.

Has anyone found any L920s at Microsoft Stores yet? I'm holding out for yellow...
    11-09-2012 10:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD