That 'assist light' for low light shot

luckyhillkop

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone tell me if the 'assist light' for 920's lowlight shot can be disabled? If it can, would the result be the same as other camera's low light shots? I'm asking because suddenly I imagine taking photo of my cat with 920. She sure hates flash so it would be close to impossible to take her picture with that assist light flashing before the actual photo is taken.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone tell me if the 'assist light' for 920's lowlight shot can be disabled? If it can, would the result be the same as other camera's low light shots? I'm asking because suddenly I imagine taking photo of my cat with 920. She sure hates flash so it would be close to impossible to take her picture with that assist light flashing before the actual photo is taken.
Good question! I hope it can be disabled. I imagine that without it your photos won't be as sharp/crisp as they would with the focus assist (how else would the sensor know how far away your subject is and what to focus on? Unless Nokia included the ability to manual focus)

eurochick47

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it can be disabled. I take pictures of my cat too using only focus assist. You can technically tap the screen in the place you want it to focus, but the focus assist makes the picture a lot better.

kivancio

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Actually I didn't know that it has an importance this much. It makes sense, the assist light can help camera to where to focus.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99