How are you going to protect your Lumia 920?

Incision

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
How are you guys going to protect your Lumia 920 from scratches etc? Im planning on buying a sleeve similar to the neoprene sleeve that came with the Nexus One when I purchased it. Haven't found a great sleeve yet though.

TenTwelve

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
How are you guys going to protect your Lumia 920 from scratches etc? Im planning on buying a sleeve similar to the neoprene sleeve that came with the Nexus One when I purchased it. Haven't found a great sleeve yet though.

I'll protect it by carrying it in a pocket with no metal objects.

Cartman

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I protect all my devices with a custom made microfiber sleeve. Works great for me. About as thin as you can get and it doubles as a cleaning cloth.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Same way I did my N9, 800, and 900... letting Nokia's quality construction take care of it :). I'm leaving my 920 buck naked. It's way too beautiful to cover.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Same way I did my N9, 800, and 900... letting Nokia's quality construction take care of it :). I'm leaving my 920 buck naked. It's way too beautiful to cover.

Don't make this mistake. I own a lumia 900 white glossy. I take special care of it. Never keep it in pocket having coins or keys. On table always keep it over paper. Despite all these efforts it has micro scratches on the back side. The camera chrom has got scratches. Now I am using Hard Silicon case. If you get a matt 920 there are slim chances of micro scratches but your screen is glossy so you can't protect your screen from micro scratches atleast use a screenguard

Cartman

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
what sleeve are you using for your Lumia if i may ask

I'll take some pictures tomorrow if you want. I use the microfiber cleaning cloth that Apple used to include with their laptops and have a co-worker cut and sew to size.

Made a cardboard replica for her to use for fit based on the specs.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I'll protect it by carrying it in a pocket with no metal objects.

This.

Not gonna buy a phone that can't manage without a cover.

My N8 has just about no microscratches anywhere. Only a few dings on the sides from dropping it several times, other than that it's pretty much good as new, so no wear & tear micro scratches. No case/cover ever used, always had it's dedicated pocket and generally speaking taken good care of it. Naturally sometimes they just drop and you cant help it :D

Last edited:

mikewp

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site

Bingo. Geez my 800 is tough. Not careful with it at all and not a scratch except on the chrome nokia trim plate on the rear.

Incision

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Don't make this mistake. I own a lumia 900 white glossy. I take special care of it. Never keep it in pocket having coins or keys. On table always keep it over paper. Despite all these efforts it has micro scratches on the back side. The camera chrom has got scratches. Now I am using Hard Silicon case. If you get a matt 920 there are slim chances of micro scratches but your screen is glossy so you can't protect your screen from micro scratches atleast use a screenguard

Same here with my iPhone 4S. Scratches on the back. I also purchased the glossy red Lumia version. So im definitely concerned with getting any scratches. I don't know how placing the lumia in thin sleeve would be a bad idea.

Cartman

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Here is a picture of the one I had made for the Lumia 900. You can turn it inside out if you don't want to see the stitching.

Stadifer

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Seeing as the Lumia 920 is indeed the "tank" of the cellphone universe I'd be more concerned about things that came in contact with the 920.

I'm afraid for my night stand and desk where I charge my phone... They may not make it as soon as I set that beast down.

If I drop the phone? I'm sure the concrete will just buckle under the force of the phone.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Yeah one fault of the 920 is the screen is so perfect I wouldn't really want to put a screen protector on it. I know, first world problems.

Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express

ozziegt

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
It's a gorilla glass screen. It's not going to scratch easily. I have never gotten cases for any of my phones. Yeah they get little scratches here and there but who cares...cases are bulky and hide the phone. I am sure some companies will come out with a protective film for the back side (like a screen protector), I might do that just because it's a fingerprint magnet, a thin film would protect it from scratches and doesn't distract from the design.

Also if you got the glossy you can probably just wet sand it with very high grit sandpaper or use some plastic polish to get rid of any microscratches.

ozziegt

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I was looking on amazon and I might get the ArmorSuit MilitaryShield for the back. Probably won't realize it's there and it will cut down on fingerprints.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss