How are you going to protect your Lumia 920?

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
It's a gorilla glass screen. It's not going to scratch easily. I have never gotten cases for any of my phones. Yeah they get little scratches here and there but who cares...cases are bulky and hide the phone. I am sure some companies will come out with a protective film for the back side (like a screen protector), I might do that just because it's a fingerprint magnet, a thin film would protect it from scratches and doesn't distract from the design.

Also if you got the glossy you can probably just wet sand it with very high grit sandpaper or use some plastic polish to get rid of any microscratches.

My screen already has a scratch on it. :D

Nikola Bowie

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
How are you guys going to protect your Lumia 920 from scratches etc? Im planning on buying a sleeve similar to the neoprene sleeve that came with the Nexus One when I purchased it. Haven't found a great sleeve yet though.

By pre-ordering it. Now I know that I will never actually receive the phone, so it cannot get damaged.:mad:

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't plan on utilizing a case for my phone at this point. I'm sure if the weather in the St. Louis area gets lousy over the next month or so I might consider it. Some would argue putting a Lumia 920 in an Otterbox like putting a safe inside of a safe inside of a safe, but I would rather have that solution than a busted up, snow covered Lumia 920 that I am now paying to replace through insurance.

v10type-r

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I just ordered a ZAGG maximum full body kit for my 920. Not sure I'll use it on the screen as I don't know the affect on it in terms of the sensitive screen...

kougei

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I'll make do with this cloth pouch, I had for the 800, the 920 just fits, but pokes out more at the top, but I can fix by re-gluing the Velcro. The best thing about this pouch, which I found in a 3 store last year, is a zipped pocket that carries my headphones. I've never since seen anything as good.

InnocuousScreenname

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I bought the Speck Case at the ATT store when I purchased my 920 this evening. I think I'll keep it. Yeah, it adds to the bulk, but I will be drop this phone sometime in the future...it's inevitable. And with the weight, while a fall may not damage anything vital, I don't want to see a big old dent this baby, and a thinner gel case won't cushion this sucker enough when that fall happens.

andraeseus

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Same way I did my N9, 800, and 900... letting Nokia's quality construction take care of it :). I'm leaving my 920 buck naked. It's way too beautiful to cover.
Im the same way. We buy a phone for the looks. The feel. and quite literily the cost all to cover it with a 30 dollar sleeve or case. n900, n95, 7710, all protected with NADA!

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
This may seem like a daft question but won't putting a screen protector on the screen stop the magic of working with things like keys & gloves?
From my understanding the technology would only work by direct contact to the screen so screen protector could be a defensive barrier in more ways than one??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss