Lumia 920 Squeaking?

KingKapa

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I got mine on the 30th, and seemed fine, but today i noticed the top left and bottom right (both front edge(not corner) part near the screen) makes a creaking/squeaking sound. Its pretty loud and i never noticed it, so I think its new, does anyone else have this problem?
And what should I do? Exchange it for a new one?

vp710

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
I got mine on the 30th, and seemed fine, but today i noticed the top left and bottom right (both front edge(not corner) part near the screen) makes a creaking/squeaking sound. Its pretty loud and i never noticed it, so I think its new, does anyone else have this problem?
And what should I do? Exchange it for a new one?

If this annoys you, sure, exchange it.

vtective

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
My phone is doing the same. Is this a common/normal Issue? It us annoying, but so is getting a new phone and starting over and realizing this is standard behavior.

vtective

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
So I returned it, and as they were resetting it the phone bricked. It stayed on the Nokia screen and not start up. I was lucky to exchange it when I did. The new phone is rattle free.

astroboy#WP

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue with my Lumia 920 on Rogers (in Canada) and they do not consider it a defect. And they would not exchange it. Annoying when I've just paid extra money to upgrade early to get into the 920 boat from my existing Samsung first gen Focus. :-(

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Just a thought, would slightly tightening the two torx screws at the bottom alleviate the squeeking and screen gap issues?
if you lifted out the insides from the case and placed it back in, then tighten them finger tight, it might help for some time. But I believe it will only be a matter of time until it comes back.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99