Anyone in the UK got a Lumia 920 yet?

AgentSplurge

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Ordered mine yesterday, had the email to confirm I passed credit check etc but not delivery email. Have been told it will be sent royal mail first class recorded so if it's sent today might get it any time between Sat - Wed (although phones4u told me up to the 19th just in case - you know what the royal mail is like).

However I just got a call from one of the Cardiff Phones4U stores to say that they have them in right now so if you really want one now pop to your local store or call them chances are they have them in!!

gilesjuk

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Ordered mine yesterday, had the email to confirm I passed credit check etc but not delivery email. Have been told it will be sent royal mail first class recorded so if it's sent today might get it any time between Sat - Wed (although phones4u told me up to the 19th just in case - you know what the royal mail is like).

However I just got a call from one of the Cardiff Phones4U stores to say that they have them in right now so if you really want one now pop to your local store or call them chances are they have them in!!

Given I ordered mine on the 31st I would be rather annoyed if yours got shipped before mine ;)

AgentSplurge

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Did you order yours on EE? I refuse to go with them (only 512mb data for so much money!) so had to wait. I'll keep you updated with my delivery email, if it is shipped before yours then definitely complain!

Hope I get the free speaker but probably not as I couldn't pre-order on Orange. At least everyone gets the free wireless charger which is cool! I want that more than the speaker anyway

Andy_McG84

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I ordered mine on EE, still waiting for a shipping/delivery email.

EE's contracts may seem extortionate but if you managed to pre-order the phone on a twelve month contract for just ?19.99 upfront then you're on to a winner in my opinion!!

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Proud to say I just got a Sim-Free. I was told I'm the only one in my city to have it off contract. I was slightly disappointed to learn it's locked to EE, T-Mobile and Orange but I'm working on that one...

Update: Just got off the phone from Orange and they are telling me that I must use my PAYG sim for 3 months and then I will be able to put in a request to unlock the phone for a charge of ?20.42 and it will take 20 working days to generate the code.

Looks like I'll have to try elsewhere.

Last edited:

JayTay

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Proud to say I just got a Sim-Free. I was told I'm the only one in my city to have it off contract. I was slightly disappointed to learn it's locked to EE, T-Mobile and Orange but I'm working on that one...

Update: Just got off the phone from Orange and they are telling me that I must use my PAYG sim for 3 months and then I will be able to put in a request to unlock the phone for a charge of ?20.42 and it will take 20 working days to generate the code.

I have an Orange PAYG SIM that I used a few months ago and has lain dormant since, wonder if they'd let me unlock a 920 on the basis of that....

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
If its been 'paired' with the device for over 3 months sure you can start the process - it's the same cost and i was told it will take 20 working days.

sketchedout

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site

I've checked around Bristol and they are definitely getting them in tomorrow so I'm praying to pick one up sim free. However, going by this it does in fact look like they are in fact locked then. Has anyone managed to unlock their handset using any websites that offer unlock codes? If so, who did you go to and how much was it?

kuroneko0509

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Grabbed sim-free black lumia 920 from phones4u since couldn't manage to get the ?36 pound contract with orange... (the system somehow rejected my debit card which have uni accommodation as billing address)

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Mine is still in transit since Wednesday from Amazon Germany.
It is being shipped using Hermes which are normally pretty slow...I anticipate it will arrive in it's totally unlocked greatness on Monday. F Phones 4 u!!

GlennEdwards

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
He he, I got my black Lumia 920 at 11am from the big PHones4U in Oxford St :) I think I was one of the first, as about 20 mins later, whilst I was still sorting out my upgrade contract, about 3 other people came in asking for the 920.

I managed to bag a Black 920 on EE4G, even though they were selling white at EE4G, and black as 3G only.

Also got a Nokia voucher for a free wireless charger :) Though I did have to go to another Phones4U to find out about that.

Glenn

Shahid Mehmood

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site

hi
have you manage to unlock your phone if yes where from? please reply thanks

Paul Rysz

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I got the red one in Edinburgh from Phones4U. Signed up for a 2 year EE contract with 3GB even though I still have 11 months to go on my iPhone 4S contract.. Unfortunately EE was not able to activate in or whatever (sim card invalid) and after shocking conversation with EE support ("Nokia Lumia 920 doesnt work with EE's 4G cards. It's a known issue. Nothing we can do at the moment.") i terminated the whole thing and requested a refund..
Ideas?

alogde#WP

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
i got mine on on the 15th, black one from ee pay and go on orange for 399, tmobile sim free unlimited everything for 21 a month, wireless charger and wesc headphones which are rubbish, on my second handset at the moment hoping to get a third

charliekrad

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Got mine sim-free from P4U on the 9th had a faulty handset, top of the case was clicking when pressed, bad dust under screen and proximity sensor issue, took it back on the 16th, had no black ones instock so last weekend i had to travel to eastbourne 20 miles away to get a black one, was gonna flip if i had to wait another week :unhappysweat: but i got one in the end what i am happy about which is a sturdy case and what i can call my phone :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea