Buy AT&T L920 and hope for early unlock?

Mediademics

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
So my ultimate goal in switching from my Sprint iPhone to WP8 is to get a L920 on TMobile's $30 a month prepaid plan without breaking the bank. I have looked at all the sites posted on here that are offering preorders for unlocked phones that may or may not work on tmobile but seem to expensive to take that risk.

My thought right now is to buy an off contract AT&T 920 in stores today and throw on straight talk until it can be unlocked and used on tmobile, which I'm hoping is sooner than the talked about 6 months. I am okay with edge speeds on tmobile until the refarm is done. My question is, do you think it's a good idea to buy an AT&T 920 and hope for an early unlock or just either wait for unlocked prices to go down or get the 810.

I want this phone so bad it may be clouding my better judgement lol. Thanks!

TheBadGuy_88

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I am on the same page as you!!! I am tempted to go get that phone RIGHT NOW!!!! I am just waiting for the word from these forums or xda forums to confirm but screw it... the refarm will come pretty soon to NYC and I absolutely NEED this phone!!!!

Last edited:

strider2

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
So my ultimate goal in switching from my Sprint iPhone to WP8 is to get a L920 on TMobile's $30 a month prepaid plan without breaking the bank. I have looked at all the sites posted on here that are offering preorders for unlocked phones that may or may not work on tmobile but seem to expensive to take that risk.

My thought right now is to buy an off contract AT&T 920 in stores today and throw on straight talk until it can be unlocked and used on tmobile, which I'm hoping is sooner than the talked about 6 months. I am okay with edge speeds on tmobile until the refarm is done. My question is, do you think it's a good idea to buy an AT&T 920 and hope for an early unlock or just either wait for unlocked prices to go down or get the 810.

I want this phone so bad it may be clouding my better judgement lol. Thanks!

I am in the same boat as yours and has the exactly the same situation as yours.
Only difffernce being that I am already using the t-mobile 30 dollar plan..
I want to buy the AT&T phone and hope that I can find someone who will unlock it for me and use it on t-mobile (understanding that it wont have 1700 band and I will get edge speeds for now and hoping that 1900 refarm will come to my area)

any websites offering to unlock at&t 920 phones?

also some one said that at&t Galaxy S3 did not work on t-mobile even after unlock (even edge speeds)..
if that happens, then I will be staring at a costly Lumia 920 brick ;(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos