[Poll] What platform is everyone who is buying a 920 coming from?

AgentSplurge

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Was a die hard Nokia fan (Symbian s60 all the way) but eventually gave it and decided to go for iPhone 4 when my 4th or 5th N95 died and Nokia failed to keep up. I will admit I loved it at first, and I do still quite like it now but will be glad to switch to WP8! Just waiting for my red Lumia 920 to arrive, can't wait!!

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, lacking Symbian which still like only 4 years back was the biggest smartphone OS :p

As for a witty comment, perhaps focus on it's capability and freedom at the expense of fluidity and user experience.

I come from N8, which runs Symbian^3 Belle.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Not quite sure what you mean by "faux leather" in the poll (obviously, I'm coming from the iOS platform), but yeah... I'm not getting a 920 just yet, getting the 810 on launch on Wednesday and very, very possibly getting the 920 (hopefully in yellow) in a few months. Looking very much forward to going WP8! :D

cancerkilla23

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Not quite sure what you mean by "faux leather" in the poll (obviously, I'm coming from the iOS platform), but yeah... I'm not getting a 920 just yet, getting the 810 on launch on Wednesday and very, very possibly getting the 920 (hopefully in yellow) in a few months. Looking very much forward to going WP8! :D
I'm referring to the really tacky skeuomorphism that's all too abundant in certain iOS apps. This is a great article addressing it. I personally am not a fan of it at all, but the author makes a good point as to why it's there. The recently ousted VP was the guy behind a lot of it. (Can't remember his name off the top of my head.)

Andy Mangold

Gaichuke

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Ahh, I knew I was missing an option. I'll see if I can possibly edit the poll. Never had the opportunity to really mess with a Symbian device. What should the witty catchphrase for symbian be?

Symbian/MeeGo user here too.

"Gentlemen, it has been a privilege playing with you."

experiment 626

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking "faux leather" in terms of the backs of the BB Bolds. But Blackberry is missing from the options. I guess "Other" will have to do. Poor RIM forgotten again.........

veereshai

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I was on iOS, then moved to Android couple of years ago and now can't wait to switch to WP. I think MS finally has got it together. I can't help but admire the Windows 8 PCs and tablets, I am hoping I'll get the same experience on a phone.

larrynj

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Great poll, very interesting results so far. Almost even between the top 3.

I've had all 3 and this is the 1st time I'm staying in the same family.

cancerkilla23

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I was thinking "faux leather" in terms of the backs of the BB Bolds. But Blackberry is missing from the options. I guess "Other" will have to do. Poor RIM forgotten again.........
Good point, this is what happens when you write a poll in quick haste while at work! I actually had a BB Storm way back in the day (not as bad as it got a rap for, IMO). I'm curious to see what BB10 can do if WP8 doesn't make a serious push in the holiday season. RIM is dropping the ball giving WP8 a holiday season head start...I think they need to hit a grand slam with this in order to have a chance.

In the meantime, if you could answer under 'other' that would be great! I'm going to do a write-up of the results after launch weekend, so any feedback is really appreciated!

Beatmaster

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Well.. i left my beloved webOS that i have used since day one. Started on my Palm Pre, then on a HP Veer and i was one of the "lucky" once to get a HP Pre 3 which was my main phone until this Monday, when i bought the Lumia 920.

WebOS was a great OS. It had inductive charging from day one and even still has a few advantages over what i am seeing on android, ios and now wp8. ( Talking about the cards / multitasking and the notification led on the device )

But .. i don t regret going to WP8. I love it so far for many reasons. I love the tiles and the HUB views in different applications. The great keyboard with its suggestions. Voice recognition. The Nokia map stuff etc. The Nokia Lumia 920 is super fast and solid and takes awesome pictures.

FuzzyHat

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Coming from the following smartphones:
iPhone 3G > iPhone 4 > Cyan 920 (out for delivery today!)

Pretty excited to get away from Apple since I use Windows for everything.

bill257

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Really impressive that more iOS and more Android users are switching than people coming over from WP7. I find a lot of android and iOS diehards hating the platform without even looking at it.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Moving from Harmattan to WP8 must be difficult... a lot of people that use it are kind of hardcore linux/open source guys, so going the Microsoft route won't be easy. Also.. It was Nokia's own "home grown" platform, and for Nokia users, that has been the symbol of independence for a long, long time.. with the help of Symbian of course.

. What should the witty catchphrase for symbian be?
I dunno.. tricky.. but its an important one. There is still a pretty substantial user base, and I think Nokia is trying hard to keep them from going to android, which seems like the more "natural" transition..

I really don't like android for a lot of different reasons, so.. I am glad Nokia didn't go there, that would have been the end of the line for me. On the other hand I've always liked Microsoft, so..it works out. I mean, its really sad to see what they did to Symbian and MeeGo, that was a bit too much, but.. whatever.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss