[Poll] What platform is everyone who is buying a 920 coming from?

cancerkilla23

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone!

I'm a WP newbie coming from Android (OG Droid>DInc>Droid Bionic) and I keep having debates with my iOS friend about who is going to lose more if/when WP becomes a major player. We both think the new lineup of WP devices is really compelling (he's actually admitted to me that he's itching to buy a 920, but can't leave the iOS ecosystem with all the money he's spent on apps at this point.) So I'm curious to see where everyone who is jumping on the WP8 bandwagon is coming from? Looking forward to dev'ing new apps for WP in the near future!

Cheers!

rajkumr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Dude! Where is the poll!

Anyways long time windows mobile user to iOS now going back to windows phone with the Lumia 920!

hungarianhc

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I have used EVERY iPhone since the original. Don't get me wrong... I love my iPhone... but... I'm getting bored. Plus, AT&T didn't give me a discounted price on the new iPhone. I'm giving myself a one year test. I'm buying the no commitment Lumia 920 from AT&T. If it's amazing, then I'll happily stick with WP! If it sucks, then in a year, I'll switch to the iPhone 6.

Stadifer

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I've owned just about every mobile platform one could own... At the moment I'm switching from an iPhone 4S.

My mobile OS history is pretty much... 3GS, Blackberry, 3GS, Droid Inc, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, now Lumia 920. I keep ending up back with Apple... Here's hoping WP8 is the silver bullet in Apple's head for me!

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm a phone freak so i'm all over the map.

iPhone 4S, Nokia N9 (MeeGo), Galaxy S2, Lumia 800 and Nokia 808 PureView (Symbian) are the phones i own now.
Next one will be Lumia 920.

I'm moving more towards tablets so the no-nonsense kind of smartphone UI that iOS and WP (and why not MeeGo) are now more to my liking.

Jonah P

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
proud stone-age denizen right here

Me too! I have waited about 8 months to find a great smartphone to upgrade too. I thought for a long time about getting an iPhone and was deadset on getting the new one. However, a few months ago I saw news about the Lumia 920 and my entire mindset changed. I had heard about WP from a friend and loved the layout. I was ecstatic to find a great phone with looks I really loved. Cannot wait to get mine Saturday.

corsica

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Me too! I have waited about 8 months to find a great smartphone to upgrade too. I thought for a long time about getting an iPhone and was deadset on getting the new one. However, a few months ago I saw news about the Lumia 920 and my entire mindset changed. I had heard about WP from a friend and loved the layout. I was ecstatic to find a great phone with looks I really loved. Cannot wait to get mine Saturday.

interesting, same thing here. got the feature phone in 2009 and started looking to update around this time last year. Wasn't too impressed with the 4S so I decided to get the new one, but that one didn't blow me away either :D

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Symbian should be included in the poll .. its Nokia own platform, so hopefully a lot of people will be upgrading to 920 from that, and not going android.

I have an iphone 5 and two Symbian phones.. next is 920.

cancerkilla23

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Symbian should be included in the poll .. its Nokia own platform, so hopefully a lot of people will be upgrading to 920 from that, and not going android.

I have an iphone 5 and two Symbian phones.. next is 920.
Ahh, I knew I was missing an option. I'll see if I can possibly edit the poll. Never had the opportunity to really mess with a Symbian device. What should the witty catchphrase for symbian be?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb