Got mine!!

chriscookz

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure there will be tons of people getting their 920's today, but I'm happy to say that I've got mine :)

It's red, and it's beautiful.

I did not pre-order the phone, I went to the local AT&T store this morning as soon as they opened. The lady I had been working with went in the back to grab me a red one, and came out with 2 boxes and informed me that all they received was black and white. I was devastated. She said they might be getting another shipment in later in the day, or I could order it and have it by Monday probably. I said I would check back later in the day and THEN order.

About 1 minute after I left and was in my car driving away I got a call from the store letting me know they did in fact find a red one buried in the piles. YES!

So I've got it. I'm in the process of setting it up, but man is it a beautiful phone.

As far as the wireless charging pad goes, I didn't even have to ask, she knew about the special offer. But they handled mine a little different then what I've heard others encounter? I was charged $52 for the phone, and then $49 for the charger, so it still worked out to right around $100 like the press release said, but it was weird that they didn't just zero the charger out and instead applied that discount to the phone...

They didn't have any chargers in stock so THAT is getting shipped to my house, but I'm not too worried about that. I'm just glad I've got my phone :D

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure there will be tons of people getting their 920's today, but I'm happy to say that I've got mine :)

It's red, and it's beautiful.

I did not pre-order the phone, I went to the local AT&T store this morning as soon as they opened. The lady I had been working with went in the back to grab me a red one, and came out with 2 boxes and informed me that all they received was black and white. I was devastated. She said they might be getting another shipment in later in the day, or I could order it and have it by Monday probably. I said I would check back later in the day and THEN order.

About 1 minute after I left and was in my car driving away I got a call from the store letting me know they did in fact find a red one buried in the piles. YES!

So I've got it. I'm in the process of setting it up, but man is it a beautiful phone.

As far as the wireless charging pad goes, I didn't even have to ask, she knew about the special offer. But they handled mine a little different then what I've heard others encounter? I was charged $52 for the phone, and then $49 for the charger, so it still worked out to right around $100 like the press release said, but it was weird that they didn't just zero the charger out and instead applied that discount to the phone...

They didn't have any chargers in stock so THAT is getting shipped to my house, but I'm not too worried about that. I'm just glad I've got my phone :D

Comments on the overall feel and design?

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site

They do that so the salesperson gets the credit for selling an accessory, which is a big part of their sales process and goals.

chriscookz

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Comments on the overall feel and design?

To me it feels fantastic. Exceptional build quality, nothing vibrating or lose or making any rattling sounds. It definitely has a little heft to it, but I love that about it. It feels solid, especially compared to my wife's iPhone 5. It inspires an amount of confidence when I hold it that I don't have with hers.

The black buttons look great and are easy to press, the screen blends wonderfully with the body, and I don't mind the gloss at all. It doesn't feel like it would slip from my fingers or anything like that, but it does attract fingerprints. Not something I'm too concerned about because a quick wipe down and they're gone.

chriscookz

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
They do that so the salesperson gets the credit for selling an accessory, which is a big part of their sales process and goals.

That makes perfect sense. I used to work in retail at Sears and we had the same exact situation. They expected you to sell attachments with a certain percent of all sales. What was always frustrating was that sales of things like screw drivers counted against your totals. What kind of attachment am I supposed to sell to someone who just wants to buy a couple screw drivers? lol

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
That makes perfect sense. I used to work in retail at Sears and we had the same exact situation. They expected you to sell attachments with a certain percent of all sales. What was always frustrating was that sales of things like screw drivers counted against your totals. What kind of attachment am I supposed to sell to someone who just wants to buy a couple screw drivers? lol

I know exactly what you mean. lol

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
The reps have quotas. Sure, they need to get so many new activations, upgrades, etc. They also need to sell enough accessories in the month as well. Their attachment rate - the measurable figure of adding accessories and features to sales - is also a quota they have to meet monthly. A rep could be one of the most honest, down to earth people in the world with the capability to sell fire to Satan but if the attachment rate is low or they are doing more upgrades than activations they lose out. I've seen many good reps come and go because of this.

I have respect for someone that knows the game and doesn't treat every person walking into the door like a piece of meat. The reps from five, ten, even tweleve years ago had the chops to offer service after the sale which in turn brought them repeat business. A lot of the younger kids tend not to be so accomodating and say 'well look this is the best that I can do' and while that might be an accurate statement it is negative and lazy.

I refuse to do business at my nearby AT&T store by my office based on that alone. The phone rings and rings but no one picks up to answer a call. I walked around the store for ten minutes and couldn't be helped while the manager was chatting away with the door greeter. The phone went through five missed calls (counting the consecutive rings) while I was there. No one even motioned towards a phone despite having people not engaged with customers.

anon(157335)

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
It's good to know that she was aware of the charging plate promotion. Hopefully when my store opens I won't have to go through any trouble to get one.

pike1783

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I had the same experience with the charging pad. They knew of them but did not have them in stock yet. I was given the option to call customer service and have them ship to me or for the store to call me later today when they come in.

doublebullout

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Got a red one! The situation with the charging plate was similar to above; the store hasn't received them yet, but expects to get them in today's shipment. They'll call me when it comes in this afternoon.

Red is absolutely gorgeous. The store received black and white also, and I was tempted briefly by the white. But once I saw the red it was love at first sight. As for glossy vs matte, I found the matte finish to actually be more slippery than the gloss finish! YMMV, but the gloss finish on both white and red felt better and more premium to me.

Everything about the phone hardware just screams quality. Nokia has a winner with this one. If you're on the fence, don't be. It's fantastic.

Sent from my The New iPad using Tapatalk

chriscookz

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
My only qualm with the device so far is that when it vibrates it definitely sounds like there's a little rattle going on :( But other then that it's great. I'm riding the struggle bus with figuring out how the **** I want my tiles arranged though lol

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss