Went to the store...

TenTwelve

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
... I was the 2nd in out 4 initially and was kind of bummed to learn they only had black. One rep was telling people that red was direct fulfillment and other colors might be by market. I then spoke to the manager who was actually a really nice guy and helpful. He did some digging and discovered they'll be getting white and red in on a shipment today. Oh, and no charging plates yet although they were quick to point out that they are indeed honoring that deal and could very well have them on the next shipment as well.

Anyhow, he took my name and number is going to call me as soon as the reds get there and get checked in.

Oh well, I'm not even mad really. It didn't put me out much since I'm so close and hopefully I'll have a cherry red one this afternoon. :)

...and I must've sipped a little of the size and weight kool-aid because I was pleasantly surprised to find the 920 neither enormous or bulky. :D

keizka

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
So, how long have you been lifting? I mean, I hit the gym today again but I'm still quite uncertain. I have only two weeks to do some magic, just in case.

Otherwise, forklift time!

TenTwelve

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Bro, you must lift!

151102_facepalm[1].jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

phirefly

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I got my Red one from the store this morning and I love it!!! I agree, I feel it's no heavier than my 900 and it feels great!

pike1783

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Got mine this morning and have to say it doesn't feel heavy at all. It actually made my Samsung Focus feel very cheap as well as my previous iPhone. My store only had 5 blacks, 1 red and 2 whites in stock. They did not have the charging pad in yet but told me to either call AT&T customer service and they would ship it to me or the store can let me know as soon as they come in. I ended up with a black one. Although the red looked amazing, after handling for less than 20 seconds the finger prints were too obnoxious for me to handle. Loving the phone so far.

BotanicalStig

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
My store only had one red, took them about 5 minutes to dig it out of the back. It feels fantastic in the hand, thin, solid, etc. Feels like a hockey puck :lol: Certainly not the "way too huge and heavy for a phone!" crap.

ozziegt

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
When I went in they said they only had black but then the rep who served me was nice enough to go to the back and they actually had black white and red.

rockonit

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I went into two corporate stores this morning. One had 3 black and that's it. The other also had only black but had sold one red. They were expecting another delivery around noon and said they would give me a call. We'll see. I would contend AT&T and Nokia haven't done such a great job on this phone given the limited inventory for the company who has exclusive rights.

TenTwelve

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I went into two corporate stores this morning. One had 3 black and that's it. The other also had only black but had sold one red. They were expecting another delivery around noon and said they would give me a call. We'll see. I would contend AT&T and Nokia haven't done such a great job on this phone given the limited inventory for the company who has exclusive rights.

The store manager called me at like 12:20 to let me know he had a red one for me. I went in and got taken care of ina timely manner and walked out. They didn't charge me the upgrade fee either unless that'll be on my next bill.

Beltelmel

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Got mine this morning and have to say it doesn't feel heavy at all. It actually made my Samsung Focus feel very cheap as well as my previous iPhone. My store only had 5 blacks, 1 red and 2 whites in stock. They did not have the charging pad in yet but told me to either call AT&T customer service and they would ship it to me or the store can let me know as soon as they come in. I ended up with a black one. Although the red looked amazing, after handling for less than 20 seconds the finger prints were too obnoxious for me to handle. Loving the phone so far.

You'll love Nokia's matte finish. The red, yellow and white colors are really nice when clean but the gloss makes them fingerprint magnets. I would find myself wiping the gloss finish every time the phone was handled - :confused:

ozziegt

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah the fingerprints on the gloss finish is driving me a little mad already. I'll probably get over it though....not too noticeable on white. Just takes a quick wipe down with my shirt or pants.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Regarding finger prints on the glossy 920's, you guys are missing the point. If you handle it enough, the finger prints will make it look like a matte finish. LMAO

Seriously, I ordered the Cyan because it's close to Carolina Blue and it comes with a matte finish. I think we all will be happy with our choices.:cool:

ItsVictorB

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Just picked up my black one. It's a beauty. The store also didn't have any charging plates, but the manager told the employee to do a direct fulfillment and that it would ship starting on the 16th. It's not on my receipt so I'll wait and see what happens. If I don't get it by the end of the month I'm going back down there to or I'll call corporate.

jsgiv

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Just picked up my black one. It's a beauty. The store also didn't have any charging plates, but the manager told the employee to do a direct fulfillment and that it would ship starting on the 16th. It's not on my receipt so I'll wait and see what happens. If I don't get it by the end of the month I'm going back down there to or I'll call corporate.

I already got the shipping notice on my direct fulfillment (ordered it this morning and apparently it's already shipped.. :)). Not sure if they ordered the right thing though - but they looked up the SKU from the internal memo about the special offer (they didn't know about it until I told them that I'm supposed to get a free wireless charging plate)...

Now - waiting on the other site to start taking orders as well and I'll be getting 2 (hopefully - assuming they don't check the serial numbers and don't ship them to AT&T customers that already have it).. :)

anon(157335)

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I already got the shipping notice on my direct fulfillment (ordered it this morning and apparently it's already shipped.. :)). Not sure if they ordered the right thing though - but they looked up the SKU from the internal memo about the special offer (they didn't know about it until I told them that I'm supposed to get a free wireless charging plate)...

Now - waiting on the other site to start taking orders as well and I'll be getting 2 (hopefully - assuming they don't check the serial numbers and don't ship them to AT&T customers that already have it).. :)

It would be nice to get a second free plate. I didn't notice the rep at AT&T noting the IMEI anywhere on the plate order, so we shall see.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12