The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
12-17-2012 11:52 PM
1,600 ... 2526272829 ...
tools
    Thought I'd get this as my birthday gift for the 13th (Associate at AT&T store assured it would be here by that day or the next).

I have been reading about the status of orders of fellow-Lumia-enthusiasts and needless to say, very disappointed. Following it on twitter, news with ads and reviews aplenty but nowhere do they talk about this "lack-of-supply".

In fact, the few new articles that do, assume that the the phones selling-out is one of the reasons for the lack of availability.

Sorry for the rant. Just had to get it out.

P.S. There is a pending charge on the credit card.
    11-14-2012 04:45 PM
    Thought I'd get this as my birthday gift for the 13th (Associate at AT&T store assured it would be here by that day or the next).

I have been reading about the status of orders of fellow-Lumia-enthusiasts and needless to say, very disappointed. Following it on twitter, news with ads and reviews aplenty but nowhere do they talk about this "lack-of-supply".

In fact, the few new articles that do, assume that the the phones selling-out is one of the reasons for the lack of availability.

Sorry for the rant. Just had to get it out.

P.S. There is a pending charge on the credit card.
    what a flop of a launch for their most advertised phone color. the lack of professionalism, lack of knowledge, and unpreparedness is unparalleled in this universe. strong wtf happening in this thread
    Last edited by radioactiverice8; 11-14-2012 at 04:55 PM. Reason: u wot m8
    11-14-2012 04:55 PM
    Click to view quoted image

:D

Technically ordered on the 7th at 10am CST, but it says the 8th for some reason.

EDIT: Quick question - do they require a signature on these? It doesn't look like it's letting me do a hold for pickup like I usually do with FedEx.
    I just called FedEx. Apparently they do not require a signature, but will not do the "hold at FedEx location" option (so you can pick up at Kinko's, various package stores, etc. She said it is up to the discretion of the delivery person as to whether they will leave the package or not, but mentioned that it couldn't hurt to leave a note (we live out in BFE, so crime isn't that high). She also said it could be picked up at our local FedEx facility at the airport (I guess it's some sort of hub) later in the day on Friday or even Sat and gave the hours.
    11-14-2012 04:56 PM
    Is it the same email that a bunch of people got earlier today? Looking at my order page, it appears that the charging plate is the backordered item and didn't get shipped out.
    I think it is the same one most people received, I think the backorder is for the charging plate and not the phone although the difference in status on the two ATT sites has me wondering. I also think it is odd that if it has actually shipped ATT has not yet charged me for it, no pending or actual charges to this point.
    11-14-2012 05:00 PM
    what a flop of a launch for their most advertised phone color. the lack of professionalism, lack of knowledge, and unpreparedness is unparalleled in this universe. strong wtf happening in this thread
    The funniest thing is, as if nobody else outside this forum can see what's happening. No one of the tech sites are covering this mess. It's as if, there is no shortage at all outside this forum and twitter.
    BTW, whoever started the #stillnoyellow920 hashtag, kudos!
    11-14-2012 05:01 PM
    I'm confused, which website is the premier only website and which one is the ATT website?

I've tried logging into att.com directly and also looking at the https://www.wireless.att.com/order_status/ website. Are either of those the premier website?
    Woot! Nevermind, tracking info just appeared! Although delivery date is estimated for the 16th.

Also, I placed my order online on November 7th at about 7PM PST.

EDIT: This is for a premier account.

EDIT2: I never received a 'shipping' email. The only email I ever got was the original email sent on November 7th saying that ATT received my initial order.
    Last edited by Landsharkk; 11-14-2012 at 06:52 PM.
    11-14-2012 05:01 PM
    The Premier Website will be something like this

https://wireless.att.com/business/or...c=HDR&WT.svl=1

I'm confused, which website is the premier only website and which one is the ATT website?

I've tried logging into att.com directly and also looking at the https://www.wireless.att.com/order_status/ website. Are either of those the premier website?
    11-14-2012 05:02 PM
    I AM SO CONFUSED. SO ITS ONLY PREMIER CUSTOMERS WHO ARE GETTING THEIR PHONES?? NO REGULAR CUSTOMERS YET? for YELLOW. PLEASE RESPOND :)
    fradchad likes this.
    11-14-2012 05:03 PM
    Woot! Nevermind, tracking info just appeared! Although delivery date is estimated for the 16th.

Also, I placed my order online on November 7th at about 7PM PST.
    Premier account? Or regular?
    11-14-2012 05:04 PM
    So are the only people getting their yellow phones shipped< premier customers? Are there any regular customers getting theirs yet???

Please respond :)
    11-14-2012 05:07 PM
    I AM SO CONFUSED. SO ITS ONLY PREMIER CUSTOMERS WHO ARE GETTING THEIR PHONES?? NO REGULAR CUSTOMERS YET? for YELLOW. PLEASE RESPOND :)
    Supposedly, the order are going in a first ordered first shipped methodology and I have seen a couple posts of people saying the received tracking info that appear to not be Premier members like Landsharkk. I think the reason you are seeing the premier members getting their notices first is just because preorders opened up for them about 6 hours earlier than everyone else.
    11-14-2012 05:08 PM
    oh baby! it shipped!
    Got the "backordered" email today at 3pm. Checked my order status at wireless.att.com/order_status and finally see tracking number for the phone + sim, with the wireless charging pad still on "pending shipment".

Premier customer, ordered the yellow 920 at 9pm on 11/7.
    Got the "backordered" email today at 3pm. Checked my order status at wireless.att.com/order_status and finally see tracking number for the phone + sim, with the wireless charging pad still on "pending shipment".

Premier customer, ordered the yellow 920 at 9pm on 11/7.
    So sad... Happy for premier customers, though... I ordered at 6:00 am on 11/7...

Still processing - no backordered email.
    11-14-2012 05:10 PM
    Another day, no change. Online chat was waste of time. Called, and opened a Case, and asked for a financial reward, and supposedly got a $20 credit to my account.
    Just 2.5 hours after receiving the "backorder" email, I got the Shipped email. My Yellow 920 shipped today, Fedx 2nd day, should be here Friday. I placed my pre-order on premier on Wed Nov 7th at 6am.
    11-14-2012 05:10 PM
    So sad... Happy for premier customers, though... I ordered at 6:00 am on 11/7...

Exact same boat. Ordered at 6:00 AM, 11/7. No backordered email, no change in status, no updates.

However, I DID already receive my charging plate. Perhaps the backordered email is in reference to that?
    11-14-2012 05:17 PM

Yeah same here. I ordered around the same time as you did. Freakin' at&t. Blerghh...
    11-14-2012 05:17 PM
    Ordered 8:50 AM EST on the 7th, have a tracking number now.
    11-14-2012 05:22 PM
    Hmm, I placed my order 5 hours before that and still no tracking info. What gives?
    Last edited by EBynum; 11-14-2012 at 05:48 PM.
    11-14-2012 05:28 PM
    Everyone that states that they got a tracking number, y'all need to include if you're Premier or not... Having said that, kcovert, are you premier?
    11-14-2012 05:31 PM
    Premier account? Or regular?
    Premier account I'm assuming. It's a family plan that gets the benefits of a Microsoft discount (one of my family members works at Microsoft who is on the family plan).
    11-14-2012 05:37 PM
    After getting yet another back order email, I got my shipping info email. Should be here tomo.

Ordered 11/7 at around 1pm-ish. Premier account.
    dtboos likes this.
    11-14-2012 05:41 PM

PEOPLE! PLEASE INCLUDE MORE INFORMATION THAN JUST: "I got my confirmation!!".

PLEASE INCLUDE USEFUL INFORMATION LIKE: DATE YOU ORDERED, AND ACCOUNT TYPE.

Thank you :)
    fradchad, ZoSo925, F0REM4N and 2 others like this.
    11-14-2012 05:42 PM
    Non-premier, ordered yellow 11/7 at 12AM PST (got confirmation email Nov 7, 2012 at 3:32 AM), was on "Processing" since then and today got back order email, not shipped.
    Contacted ATT order status live chat now and they told me that next shipment is 7-10 days from today and my order goes there
    Was not offered wireless charging plate during checkout on pre-order but got that wireless charger email, not shown on order although, only the phone itself.
    11-14-2012 05:50 PM
    Premier account Ordered 11/7 roughly 3am Pacific Time. - Conformation email 4:48am same day.

11/14 Got Email that Back Order No Other emails that anything shipped. I'm still stuck on Pre-Order Processing and my bank account charge still stuck on Processing.
    11-14-2012 05:59 PM
1,600 ... 2526272829 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD