The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
12-17-2012 11:52 PM
1,600 ... 626364
tools
    it's here it's here but somehow my charging plate went to Puerto Rico without me. I love the phone it is awesome! This picture was taken with a Samsung infuse came out really blurry does not do it justice.
    2012-12-03_17.03.10-2-.jpg
    12-03-2012 09:56 PM
    I have ordered mine when it was $49.99 on Amazon. I did it right away when I saw yellow was in stock at that price! :D Order date November 17th...still waiting...I called up amazon cause I received an email stating that the order for my micro sim will be cancelled if I do not accept the new shipping time for it. My shipping date for the sim changed 4 times...now it says estimated Delivery Nov 30th and no shipped notification yet...It also says estimated delivery for my Lumia...January 3rd T^T Anyways I asked the girl from Amazon customer service why it said it was going to cancel my sim since i do need that for that phone...she said don't worry about that...you can ignore it. I also asked her about my phone she says that they are getting in shipments throughout December and not to worry you should have your phone soon. I said okay like a kid being told he can't open his presents till christmas...So here I am mostly waiting patiently for my phone...

oh and my case has already arrived before the phone ><
    Last edited by GunplaGamer; 12-03-2012 at 10:11 PM. Reason: added case
    12-03-2012 10:07 PM
    Anyone been able to order one the last few days? My order from 11/19 was cancelled on 11/29 and the rep could not reorder when I called back.

I've got an order in with Walmart Wireless but I doubt they'll get stock faster than AT&T.

Nice to see a lot more people getting their phones though :)
    12-03-2012 10:11 PM
    Just return the one you bought at Microsoft Store for full refund. I don't think they charge restocking fee.

So...yeah, this just got interesting.

I ordered my phone on 11/13 (non-premier), and have been waiting almost three weeks for my phone. I've called a couple times to get the usual 'high-demand' spiel, and finally today I had enough of it. I went to the local AT&T corporate store to figure out something...anything at this point. I found out while at the mall where AT&T is at that the Microsoft pop-up store had three yellow Lumia 920's available. After being told the same thing that the telephone support people told me previously, I asked them if it was possible to cancel my order so I can run over to the Microsoft store and get the Lumia there. The AT&T folks were happy to do it, and I was told the order was canceled there at the store. I purchased the phone from Microsoft (alas, with no wireless charging plate, but my current phone is barely working--I can deal without a charging plate), and it looks beautiful!

So now I'm here at my computer fiddling with settings, transferring contacts and the like...and I get an email from AT&T. The online order that was canceled at the store already shipped. Now I have ANOTHER Lumia heading to my doorstep tomorrow. And I'll probably get charged for it, too, which will make my bank very, very angry at me. -_-

Now I have to figure out just how in the world to resolve this really messed up situation. Oy. Just oy.
    12-03-2012 10:13 PM
    Just return the one you bought at Microsoft Store for full refund. I don't think they charge restocking fee.
    The restocking fee is the least of my concerns. Now I have a second contract signed with AT&T, and I don't even know if the first one was truly canceled. I'll need to make sure all the ducks are in a row with AT&T before I return anything.
    12-03-2012 10:28 PM
    it's here it's here but somehow my charging plate went to Puerto Rico without me. I love the phone it is awesome! This picture was taken with a Samsung infuse came out really blurry does not do it justice.
    Sounds like we shared the same upgrade path. Infuse to yellow Lumia.

It's quite a leap in quality.
    Dreacava206 likes this.
    12-04-2012 01:35 AM
    I had a cyan N9 and Lumia 900 and they don't compare with the wow-factor of this phone.
    Nice combo you got there. Got same colors, just replace Lumia 900 with Lumia 800.

It's weird.

For most of the time I've owned this, I thought that it had a hint of green in it. Very very small hint.

But in real white sunlight it's yellow. I think the gloss mixed with incandescent lights may make it look like there's a hint of green.

I believe that incandescent lights do have a hint of orange/amber in them. And fluorescent lights can have hints of green and purple. Just like outdoor "white" light can have hints of blue.

A lot of these hints of color are hard to reproduce in photographs, because the white balance settings in cameras automatically try to take these into consideration and make the light white.
    Imo many of the Nokia colors change a lot depending on lighting. My red Lumia 920 does that and even my matte cyan N9 i think looks damn amazing on poor lighting.
    12-04-2012 02:18 AM
    A lot of people got theirs shipped yesterday, me included. I ordered 11/13 via Premier site, new contract.
    12-04-2012 09:14 AM
    Mine shipped yesterday too. Ordered on 11/18 via phone, upgrade, premier. Expecting it later today.
    OriginalBigDAWG likes this.
    12-04-2012 10:52 AM
    Hey guise, mine shipped as well o_O'
    12-04-2012 11:28 AM
    I FINALLY got it today. The Postal Service held it hostage all day yesterday. Looks good! I do wish the yellow was a tad more mustard than neon but it's a great color
    12-04-2012 08:07 PM
    Glad to see all of you getting your yellow L920s. Hope you love them!
    12-04-2012 08:24 PM
    Yellow seems a little too bright than I anticipated. Might exchange it for a Cyan :(
    12-04-2012 08:25 PM
    Still waiting on mine...Anyone order the yellow from Amazon Wireless?
    12-04-2012 08:30 PM
    Still waiting on mine from AT&T...
    12-04-2012 10:41 PM
    Well, my situation finished up on a positive note. After a short time on the phone with someone at AT&T, we discovered that the retail manager canceled my contract renewal, but not the hardware order. (Although since the phone went out already, I doubt he could have canceled it, but anyways...) After some discussion, we decided my best course of action was to return the phone bought at the Microsoft store and keep the phone that AT&T shipped to me. This will allow me to still receive the wireless charging pad and expedite getting my money back for paying for two phones. She also credited my account for the not-so-overnight shipping I paid for, as well as funds to account for a restocking fee in case the Microsoft store dinged me for it (which they did not...yay!). So in the end, I have roughly $60 in account credit, a spare LTE SIM card, a charging plate coming my way...and my yellow Lumia! Yay!

Now to figure out how to use this thing...this is SO not an iPhone. :-)

And for those still curious about the color, here's my print shop training coming through: I'd compare the color of the yellow Lumia to an Astrobrights Lift Off Lemon, and the yellow theme in WP8 akin to a Solar Yellow shade. Beautiful individually, but not so great together. I've actually ended up using the lime theme in WP8. It's no lemon, but at least they're the same neon-like intensity.
    12-04-2012 11:02 PM
    Amazon Wireless just canceled part of my order...they canceled the order for my sim card...O.o soo yeah i need to yell at amazon when i get home cause they be idiots and canceled my sim card order even when i called up a week ago to see if i needed to take any action regarding a message saying i needed to approve the new shipping date. they told me i didn't have to do anything cause it was shipping with the phone.
    12-05-2012 03:08 PM
    Anyone been able to order one the last few days? My order from 11/19 was cancelled on 11/29 and the rep could not reorder when I called back.

I've got an order in with Walmart Wireless but I doubt they'll get stock faster than AT&T.

Nice to see a lot more people getting their phones though :)
    Go to a MSFT holiday store.
    12-05-2012 03:22 PM
    For those who paid full price and no contract extension, make sure you are not getting a contract on your line.

Even though I bought it full price, month to month, and did not agree to a contract at any time, AT&T decided to tag one on to my account and they refuse to remove it. I am canceling my line and they are forcing me to return the phone, and then will give me a refund. BS. I am glad I found out before my 14 days are up, otherwise it would have probably been a battle I don't have time for.

The store manager today told me I got a discount to get the charger. I didn't have it with me when I went to return the phone, so I have to go back tomorrow with everything. They thought it was odd too, but it seems like I got the contract added because of this discount. I doubt I'll ever get a straight answer.
    12-06-2012 11:17 PM
    For those who paid full price and no contract extension, make sure you are not getting a contract on your line.

Even though I bought it full price, month to month, and did not agree to a contract at any time, AT&T decided to tag one on to my account and they refuse to remove it. I am canceling my line and they are forcing me to return the phone, and then will give me a refund. BS. I am glad I found out before my 14 days are up, otherwise it would have probably been a battle I don't have time for.

The store manager today told me I got a discount to get the charger. I didn't have it with me when I went to return the phone, so I have to go back tomorrow with everything. They thought it was odd too, but it seems like I got the contract added because of this discount. I doubt I'll ever get a straight answer.
    Whoa! That's no good! Love how they found it okay to extend your contract for a free charger. Yikes. And yeah, good thing you caught that within two weeks.
    12-06-2012 11:37 PM
    So... who else is still waiting? I am...
    12-13-2012 12:33 AM
    you are not alone. i am also still waiting. 4 weeks since i placed my order.
    12-13-2012 12:53 PM
    Still waiting here! Ordered on 11/9, and then on 12/7 a new order appeared on my account! I'm wondering whether it will arrive in 2012...
    12-13-2012 05:21 PM
    Just checked... SHIPPED!

FYI I am a "no commitment" order. My yellow Nokia Lumia 920 will be here tomorrow night, and I am STOKED! WOOOOOOOOOOT!

I hope that a) I find it a suitable replacement for my iPhone 4S. I don't feel like regretting this purchase. b) And i ALSO hope that I love the yellow color!
    12-17-2012 10:53 PM
    Just checked... SHIPPED!

FYI I am a "no commitment" order. My yellow Nokia Lumia 920 will be here tomorrow night, and I am STOKED! WOOOOOOOOOOT!
    Congrats, man! Now I'm just wondering if I'll have to wait for the cyan to come in...and I'm seriously doubting whether they'll deliver by Christmas. Lame for me, but woohoo for you!
    12-17-2012 11:52 PM
1,600 ... 626364
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD