Those who ordered the L920 from AT&T in Yellow

mjfadaway

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I was at AT&T tonight and I took a bus to Torrance to find a store that had White 920's in stock. I convinced myself to just get one. And when I got there, they had a yellow one on display. First time I've ever seen one in real life. It was the sexiest thing I've ever seen. Needless to say, I didn't walk out with a white one. I'm waiting.

I didn't know at&t stores carried yellow...good ol' Torrance!

Nabiscuit

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
They don't it was a display. Some sales reps have demo units, but none for sale.

Yup. Nokia sent that one out to the AT&T store to show people that they could order a yellow one to be shipped to your house. Nokia is gonna take that phone back at some point and the yellow should still be available on AT&T's website.

henilp89

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
okay so i tried to upgrade my sisters line and i added lumia 920 yellow.. it let me.. it said it was in stock.. i added a 300MB data plan also they did give me a free wireless charger and at the check out screen.. they gave me two options "UPS: 2 day delivery or FedEx Overnight shipping" so this concludes that they still have lumia 920's otherwise WHY in the world they would take more orders? why would they create an even bigger mess then they are in if they truly were out of lumia 920 yellow? i think those CSRs dont know anything!
what do you guys think?

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
okay so i tried to upgrade my sisters line and i added lumia 920 yellow.. it let me.. it said it was in stock.. i added a 300MB data plan also they did give me a free wireless charger and at the check out screen.. they gave me two options "UPS: 2 day delivery or FedEx Overnight shipping" so this concludes that they still have lumia 920's otherwise WHY in the world they would take more orders? why would they create an even bigger mess then they are in if they truly were out of lumia 920 yellow? i think those CSRs dont know anything!
what do you guys think?

Interesting. I suppose it's possible that they simply exhausted their allotment of pre-orders, but are now taking "in-stock" orders. Then again, that would require too much professionalism and foresight, two things AT&T certainly lacks. They probably just don't care as long as they can take your money. My guess is that it's going to take a while for your sister to get her yellow L920.

henilp89

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. I suppose it's possible that they simply exhausted their allotment of pre-orders, but are now taking "in-stock" orders. Then again, that would require too much professionalism and foresight, two things AT&T certainly lacks. They probably just don't care as long as they can take your money. My guess is that it's going to take a while for your sister to get her yellow L920.
but the thing is.. they cant charge us until they actually ship the phone? you know what im saying.. this doesnt make sense for them to do for money cuz they cant touch it lol it is ridiculous.. i dont get it? why are they taking more orders? they must have n trust me.. i think they are gonna start shipping from tonight.. we should have our tracking numbers by 3PM tomorrow.. at least some should have it

havanahjoe

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
After calling around local stores in San Diego and finding they had all colors but yellow, I went online and pre-ordered one on Friday. This will be a new line (currently a Sprint customer), but I paid full price, no contract.

I checked my order status all day today and it was stuck at Processing, and right as I was sitting down at the movies, I get an e-mail from AT&T that I need to call them for order verification. I won't be able to call until tomorrow morning, but now my order has a shipping status of Pending.

They had ALL day to send me an e-mail or call me, but they wait until 10 PM EST to send it. Looks like AT&T and I are starting off on the wrong foot.

FrankieA

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
did anyone else dream that their phone shipped?

I actually woke up and really thought it had shipped the day before - I didn't even realize it was a dream until I went online to find the tracking # and boyyy was I disappointed. :(

wenw

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
did anyone else dream that their phone shipped?

I actually woke up and really thought it had shipped the day before - I didn't even realize it was a dream until I went online to find the tracking # and boyyy was I disappointed. :(

I thought I was the only one who had a dream like that...lol

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Lol we are such geeks. I've been having dreams that I actually have the phone :(. Can't decide which was better, my yellow Lumia 920 dream or my Salma Hayek dream :D

Averry

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
We could presume that they exhausted the original influx of orders, but you would think that SOMEBODY on this forum would have gotten lucky and their their Yellow 920 would have shipped. Because rest assure that WE were the psychos hitting refresh in the middle of the night last week.

larrynj

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
so while we wait for the yellow device to arrive how are you going to personalize your phone?

Wallpapers in mind?
Ringtones?
Case?

There are live wallpapers now aren't there? I'll probably do some quote of the day or motivational one. And change it to ESPN or something on weekends for scores.

I never really got onto different ringtones. But now since I have so much time waiting I may check some out.

No case.

On the positive side, I now know my son's cell phone number from typing it every 30 minutes looking for order status. :lol:

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Getting tired of AT&T's lackluster performance on anything not iPhone. Is there not a single Yellow one ready to ship? They took orders but had no stock?

My brothers White one was ordered on the 8th, came on the 9th. Its pretty damn sexy. If I don't hear anything in the next couple days I'm getting it in white.

havanahjoe

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Called AT&T this morning to verify my order. All they needed was to check my credit apparently, and after not asking me any questions about my credit history, they released the order.

The order status has been updated, and, it is now backordered... :mad:

I'm not happy with AT&T's order process.

havanahjoe

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Getting tired of AT&T's lackluster performance on anything not iPhone. Is there not a single Yellow one ready to ship? They took orders but had no stock?

My brothers White one was ordered on the 8th, came on the 9th. Its pretty damn sexy. If I don't hear anything in the next couple days I'm getting it in white.

True. I'm wondering who's screwing this up more, Nokia or AT&T. Maybe both.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo