Those who ordered the L920 from AT&T in Yellow

henilp89

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Called AT&T this morning to verify my order. All they needed was to check my credit apparently, and after not asking me any questions about my credit history, they released the order.

The order status has been updated, and, it is now backordered... :mad:

I'm not happy with AT&T's order process.
and yet they are still taking more orders for yellow! lol ya im about to lose my mind too so just to keep it busy.. im gonna go play halo 4 until i get my tracking number

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
We could presume that they exhausted the original influx of orders, but you would think that SOMEBODY on this forum would have gotten lucky and their their Yellow 920 would have shipped. Because rest assure that WE were the psychos hitting refresh in the middle of the night last week.

I would agree...SOMEONE here would have received theirs from them unless they didn't have any.

People here are the crazies, that know all the info, all the details, all the dates. I ordered mine before it even showed as available from the main screen, and that was early in the morning on Wednesday. I know SOMEONE here put in an order within the 1st hour of them being available.

I am chatting with a guy now...I can't get them to give me numbers, but he said they sold out quickly (no time either...) and that they have zero inventory and do not have an expected date of when they will receive more.

henilp89

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I would agree...SOMEONE here would have received theirs from them unless they didn't have any.

People here are the crazies, that know all the info, all the details, all the dates. I ordered mine before it even showed as available from the main screen, and that was early in the morning on Wednesday. I know SOMEONE here put in an order within the 1st hour of them being available.

I am chatting with a guy now...I can't get them to give me numbers, but he said they sold out quickly (no time either...) and that they have zero inventory and do not have an expected date of when they will receive more.
ask for them to give us all a 50$ gift card for putting us through this much pain n also tell him that one guy i know even had a heart attack cuz he didnt get his on time (im talking about me)

ALSO ASK HIM: why are they taking more ORDERS! for yellow when they dont have any inventory LEFT! jeez

pvcleave

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I really think this is probably a Nokia mess up. I bet they decided to make yellows last. Which surprises me as they showed yellow quite a bit when they announced the phone.

havanahjoe

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I really think this is probably a Nokia mess up. I bet they decided to make yellows last. Which surprises me as they showed yellow quite a bit when they announced the phone.

Or they had a problem with the manufacturing of the yellow ones. The gnomes that make the yellow got drunk and screwed up the process.

fradchad

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Got some info...

Dont know if the rep actually knows anything but they told me -

"It should be shipped in the next day or two. You will be e-mailed promptly when it is shipped."​

This was after talking to AT&T CSR about 30 minutes to get them to give me a time frame.

AugustVance

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I talked to a rep yesterday via online chat. She told me that they expected preorders for the yellow to ship out today. Im hoping thats true, because my Cyan is arriving today and my wife isnt to happy that her yellow hasnt shipped yet. They wouldnt even let me cancel to go to the store to get my wife a white one because they dont cancel partially shipped orders.

If only I didnt love ATT so much.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
ask for them to give us all a 50$ gift card for putting us through this much pain n also tell him that one guy i know even had a heart attack cuz he didnt get his on time (im talking about me)

ALSO ASK HIM: why are they taking more ORDERS! for yellow when they dont have any inventory LEFT! jeez

If I could walk I'd be going into the store to ***** about it...but I broke my foot a couple weeks back and can't drive now...a new phone would really help my morale....right???

He really was no help...the chat has been pretty worthless so far, they do not have any info and can't ever answer any questions... Sure, the lead time on these things isn't going to be a week like it was Methanol...so there has to be SOME sort of PO in the system...WHAT IS THE DATE OF THAT? How many people are in front of me? So I get one from the next system or not?

This would be unacceptable if it was an iPhone...they would be up front with you, telling you it would be 3 weeks, and that would be fine! I have no problem waiting...but at least turn a light on for us and maybe give us a magazine in the waiting room.

aer127

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
FWIW, this is from a recent online chat with AT&T

me: Is the phone I ordered out of stock? Is that what is causing the problem?

At&T: No, it just so happens that the courier hasn't been assigned yet for that order.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I talked to a rep yesterday via online chat. She told me that they expected preorders for the yellow to ship out today. Im hoping thats true, because my Cyan is arriving today and my wife isnt to happy that her yellow hasnt shipped yet. They wouldnt even let me cancel to go to the store to get my wife a white one because they dont cancel partially shipped orders.

If only I didnt love ATT so much.

I have a feeling she was pulling that out of somewhere, or else other chat reps would have said the same thing. I hope it's true though.

Grog337

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

My email reciept is stamped 12:56 AM (EST) on the 7th. I ordered yellow. Still shows as "processing" on the phone and charger, with the SIM card having "pending shipment" under the tracking number. If they actually send first come, first served, then I should be near the top of the list.

Last edited:

Grog337

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I was reading another post on another thread and it got me thinking about this angle... Could they actually be low on the stock of charging plates and waiting until they can send them at the same time as the phone (giving favor to those that may already have their phone)? While I assume that this would save them a few bucks on shipping, I would rather have the phone and wait a few days to get the plate (the thing WILL still charge with wires).

mjfadaway

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I was reading another post on another thread and it got me thinking about this angle... Could they actually be low on the stock of charging plates and waiting until they can send them at the same time as the phone (giving favor to those that may already have their phone)? While I assume that this would save them a few bucks on shipping, I would rather have the phone and wait a few days to get the plate (the thing WILL still charge with wires).

Now that would be silly for them to do

jen35

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I spoke to a rep and she raised a case against the inventory team to check on why the status has not changed since I placed the order, which again is gonna take couple of
days :(

Now one more number to track

Nabiscuit

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I called and had a horrible experience with the rep. I would have loved to say, "Piss off!" (she was rude) but unfortunately AT&T is the only way you can get the sucker. Sigh...

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I tweeted both Nokia Care US and Stephen Elop himself about my displeasure with the yellow Lumia 920 situation. We'll see if I get an answer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb