Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Got an email title"A message about your Nokia Lumia 920 order"
but talking about the wireless charge plate will be shipped separately
no information about when the yellow phone gonna be shipped :mad:

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
So, I went back and forth with an AT&T customer care phone rep. The entire time I spoke in a very nice and polite tone. No sharpness to my voice at all.

She kept saying that they didn't charge my card, but are just putting a hold on the money so that they can ship the phone. They said I'd actually be charged when the phone ships.

I asked if the phone was on backorder. She said, "no."

So I said, "How long will it be Pending?"

She didn't know.

I asked, "Who would know? Could I talk to them?"

This went on about 5 times.

I said, "If it's not backordered, then that means you have stock, correct? So I would just like to know how long it takes to move my order from 'Pending' to actually shipping it if you have the stock available."

Still went on another 4 times.

She asked if she could put me on hold so she could talk to a manager.

I was on hold for about 2 minutes before they hung up on me.

:mad:

asupmdr

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
AT&T data not very current.

Pre-ordered my Yellow 920 (and black pad) last Wed morn the 7th at 6am. stills says processing. Last time I got my iPhone 4S from AT&T, it said processing, until the day it arrived, and then it said shipped. Hoping that's why mine doesn't say shipped yet. Still holding out hope it will show up tomorrow. Doubt the pad will show up then.

vioalas

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I still say the back-order mess is fishy, I don't think I'd call it "back-order" Just.... The second they get their shipment the phones will be shipped out. Almost all pre-orders show as back-order

I spoke to yet another CSR today and I was blunt, I said "Can we be honest? You're probably looking at the exact same shipping page that I can access" She said "Yes basically, they're not in sync though, you may be a few hours behind, or I may be."

AT&T needs to arm its employees with more knowledge on pre-orders. It's pitiful.

I LEAVE FRIDAY, if I don't get my phone then I'll end up getting it the following week :(

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
So, I went back and forth with an AT&T customer care phone rep. The entire time I spoke in a very nice and polite tone. No sharpness to my voice at all.

She kept saying that they didn't charge my card, but are just putting a hold on the money so that they can ship the phone. They said I'd actually be charged when the phone ships.

I asked if the phone was on backorder. She said, "no."

So I said, "How long will it be Pending?"

She didn't know.

I asked, "Who would know? Could I talk to them?"

This went on about 5 times.

I said, "If it's not backordered, then that means you have stock, correct? So I would just like to know how long it takes to move my order from 'Pending' to actually shipping it if you have the stock available."

Still went on another 4 times.

She asked if she could put me on hold so she could talk to a manager.

I was on hold for about 2 minutes before they hung up on me.

:mad:

Sounds like AT&T alright. I read fiascos like this about them way too often, hence I decided against pre-ordering from them.

aer127

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Called back.

Someone confirmed that they are waiting on stock.

That should probably read....

Someone "confirmed" that they are waiting on stock.

Can't trust anything AT&T says, haha. I've heard everything from waiting on stock to arrive to waiting for a courier to be assigned

Landsharkk

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I dont think you can cancel the order because of its status.

If I can find a yellow one locally this week before the pre-order ships I'll make then cancel it. :) Kind of lucky for me, they messed up the order and charged me for the wireless pad. I'll use that excuse to cancel the order if needed. I've tried contacting them 3 times to fix it and they keep saying they can't, then transfer me to the people who can, then I get stuck on hold forever and finally give up.

I will say that I will NEVER again order anything online with AT&T. This is the worst online order experience I've ever had (and that's saying a lot, I do almost all my shopping online!).

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I still say the back-order mess is fishy, I don't think I'd call it "back-order" Just.... The second they get their shipment the phones will be shipped out. Almost all pre-orders show as back-order

I spoke to yet another CSR today and I was blunt, I said "Can we be honest? You're probably looking at the exact same shipping page that I can access" She said "Yes basically, they're not in sync though, you may be a few hours behind, or I may be."

AT&T needs to arm its employees with more knowledge on pre-orders. It's pitiful.

I LEAVE FRIDAY, if I don't get my phone then I'll end up getting it the following week :(

I agree that they need to give their employees better access to information.

I felt sorry for the CSR I was speaking to. I could tell she was flustered and attempting to stay on script, while at the same time knowing that I had legitimate questions that she could not answer.

AugustVance

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I can also confirm that a rep told me that they are awaiting on stock of the yellow lumia 920. Also, after quite a bit of back and forth I got the rep to tell me that they have alittle under a thousand orders for the lumia 920 in yellow on backorder. I then got transfered to ecommerce through an att rep, and he then confirmed they have under a thousand orders for the phone on backorder. He told me most people should be receiving them by friday.

Lets hope to our phones start to ship soon. I got my Cyan today. Awaiting my wifes Yellow now.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Maybe there is "stock", but it's reserved for existing orders. So they technically do have stock, but once they ship it will be on backorder.

vioalas

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
That should probably read....

Someone "confirmed" that they are waiting on stock.

Can't trust anything AT&T says, haha. I've heard everything from waiting on stock to arrive to waiting for a courier to be assigned

OH YEAH! I keep hearing about waiting for a courier to be assigned. I send my dang pigeon if I have to. Actually, I'll probably need a legion of storks since the phone is so heavy ;)

vemulasri

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Did they not mention that Yellow won't be shipped out until 11/14? I even got in the email after i ordered that my phone will be shipped out on or around 11/14/2012.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Did they not mention that Yellow won't be shipped out until 11/14? I even got in the email after i ordered that my phone will be shipped out on or around 11/14/2012.

Their website said "expected to ship Nov. 12" all the way until Nov. 12. Nov. 14 was the date people were supposed to have received their yellow L920s. People are getting their Nov. 12 and Nov. 14 dates confused. Unless the emails said something different than the website...

vioalas

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Guys, if you look online the device is being sold though amazing with an estimate of 1-2 weeks, it is backordered. If that's the case that means that we should be seeing our phones sooner than this. So hopefully by Friday.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site

My wife told me that the yellow was supposed to arrive on the 14th.

Not that huge a deal to me actually. I do really want the phone, but I can wait. I'm just a little disappointed that AT&T CSRs seem so lost.

If the CSRs could say, "We currently don't have enough stock to fulfill your order. We are expecting a shipment of new devices in X days. If for some reason those devices do not come in at the time we expect, we will keep you up to date with that information."

I think people really just want to know what's going on. Don't keep your CSRs clueless. Give them access to data so that they can better serve your customers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb