Those who ordered the L920 from AT&T in Yellow

revdug

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
from my most recent check in.

Karla: Unfortunately, we do not have an anticipated delivery date as inventory levels vary from day-to-day. I am able to advise you that the orders for this device started shipping as of yesterday. Once your order has been shipped from our warehouse, you will receive an e-mail with the carrier information and Tracking Number.

to paraphrase "blah blah blah, no nokia for you"

F0REM4N

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
from my most recent check in.

Karla: Unfortunately, we do not have an anticipated delivery date as inventory levels vary from day-to-day. I am able to advise you that the orders for this device started shipping as of yesterday. Once your order has been shipped from our warehouse, you will receive an e-mail with the carrier information and Tracking Number.

to paraphrase "blah blah blah, no nokia for you"
She assured me mine was about to go on the truck, until I pointed out the sim card was ready to ship, but my phone was still processing. She replied, oh, you're right.

After calling the provided number, they are unable to cancel the order, unable to provide a shipping estimate, and unable to allow me local pick up of my phone. Same thing they told me exactly one week ago. I wanted to cancel then as I realized the yellow was the one color delayed and I wasn't willing to wait for a color. This is awful. I can't even cancel? The item isn't even in stock.

Worst part, called my local AT&T store and they have a single black phone left. Surely to be snapped up by the time AT&T figures out what the **** is going on.

wenw

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
My friend got the tracking number just several minutes ago!!
He is a Premier member, ordered a yellow one at around 10:00pm PT, Nov 6. He check his order status via wireless.att.com/order_status, log in using his wireless number and billing zip code.

I haven't got mine yet. But here is hope everyone!!

Last edited:

Nabiscuit

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Dear AT&T*,

I'm in a similar boat as many customers that have ordered your Yellow Nokia Lumia 920 (#StillNoYellow920)... I leave for Seattle next Tuesday. I won't be back for a week. You know... Thanksgiving. And of course you don't require signatures for left packages. I really need to know what the 'efff is going on so I can make plans. Keeping your customers in the dark is a really d*ck move. Just sayin'.

If that 8X comes out on T-Mobile before you give me any information other than "backordered", I'll probably just run away with those 80 extra pixels and tell you to p*ss off. T-Mobile would save me $240 over the next two years anyway, which would make the 16GB 8X cheaper than the 920 over time.... Also, come to think of it, I listen to music waaay more than I take photos. I always told myself that if I had a great camera, I'd take more photos, but as it stands - the 920's camera is a big question mark right now "?" and the 8X has beats audio...

See AT&T? See what keeping your customers in the dark does?!? Now I'm debating whether I should continue waiting for the phone or should I just stay with T-Mobile, keep my cheaper unlimited plan, and blissfully disappear into my Live Tile Start Screen Wonderland (that can fit an entire extra row of small tiles!). Stop treating us like domesticated cattle. I'm a free man** of the United States of America. Treat me with respect and just give me an honest answer so we can all go to sleep without manifesting weird, erotic dream-fantasies about refreshing websites and FedEx deliverymen.

-Nabiscuit, resident of the Large Country-State of California & citizen of the United States of America

*I am aware that AT&T can't read this letter. this is just a creative expression of a mentally diluted man that has started "hitting F5" in his sleep.

**free as long as I have enough money to pay lawyers to defend me after I inevitably trip over any of the millions of pages of puzzling and contradicting laws meant to keep us safe.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
People really need to calm down. Nokia is literally doing a simultaneous worldwide launch and is meeting with unprecedented demand for the device. As someone that has had his Cyan lumia 920 since Monday I can definitely see why the demand is as high as it is as the phone is amazing, but you guys really need to give Nokia and ATT a break here. Im sure they are making these phones as fast as they can manufacture them. Don't allow your impatience to cause you to purchase an inferior phone/ecosystem.

That's ridiculous. It doesn't for one second excuse lying about shipping dates and giving customers the run-around. They haven't even made the claims you made in your post. AT&T/Nokia/Microsoft or some combination thereof absolutely botched the **** out of this launch.

Wilson920

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
That's ridiculous. It doesn't for one second excuse lying about shipping dates and giving customers the run-around. They haven't even made the claims you made in your post. AT&T/Nokia/Microsoft or some combination thereof absolutely botched the **** out of this launch.

Agreed 100%

Wilson920

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Seems 1st dayers are receiving shipment...I ordered on the 9th so I'm guessing it will be shipping next week sometime. That is just an assumption...

Shrek4685

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Booo Still no phone

Wow read about people dreaming that they got there phone. I thought it was pretty ridiculous, but it just happened to me last night. #StillNoYellow920

krazeenyc

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
It's not about impatience

People really need to calm down. Nokia is literally doing a simultaneous worldwide launch and is meeting with unprecedented demand for the device. As someone that has had his Cyan lumia 920 since Monday I can definitely see why the demand is as high as it is as the phone is amazing, but you guys really need to give Nokia and ATT a break here. Im sure they are making these phones as fast as they can manufacture them. Don't allow your impatience to cause you to purchase an inferior phone/ecosystem.

The problem is not the delay. It is the false advertising and lack of information for their customers. You don't hear people saying OMG I have to wait a few days for my phone -- they say wtf AT&T is spewing BS at me.

If you don't have the stock and wish to sell the phone -- sell it as "back ordered" not as "in stock". People can still order the phone on the website with no warning of it being back ordered.

If you make the mistake of selling things as "in stock" and don't have it available -- make sure you A) notify your customers and apologize B) work hard to give them an ETA. I have yet to receive a mass email regarding the delay or any indication that they are trying to give as an eta on getting the phones in stock. Their answer is essentially you'll get it when you get it.

If you sell someone a product that you don't have in stock -- you can at least allow them to cancel their order if they so wish. (I chose yellow understanding that it might take an extra couple days -- but if it's going to be an extra month or two, i'd like the option to change colors if I WISH.

AT&T does this b/c they operate in what is essentially as a duopoly -- T-Mobile, Sprint, and the other small players are just not a factor at this moment.

Every other company I've ever dealt with simply stops taking pre-orders when their stock runs out and says "sold out" -- and when the item is in stock again -- it's available for sale.

skaizr

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
March 2012 - Eligible for Sprint Upgrade
Decide to hold on to old Evo with broken screen, because I want WP8
Too broken, insurance claim, 100 bucks for new EVO
waiting
waiting
waiting
phone smashed
waiting
win8 announced
lumia 920 announced
no release date or carriers
more announcements, less info
carriers announced, no release date
pre order announced
Nov 7, 7 AM - EVO screen goes black, permanently
Nov 7, 730 AM - Yellow Lumia 920 Premier ordered
Sprint cancellation request made
Nov 8, 9 am - email received from ATT saying problem with order---transferred cell number (10+years old) does not match shipping zip, have to change number, at least temporarily, email also says not to terminate previous contract so I can keep number
Nov 9 - everyone else gets their non yella phone
Nov all days - nothing
Nov 13 - Chat with CSR online - told they don't know jack about jack, "phone will be shipped when available"
Nov 14 - Still pending pre order processing
Can not find chat on ATT website today, told by DSL chat that wireless chat does not exist
Can not log in on Premier - being a new customer I have no log in info
Find chat on normal ATT - requires log in, don't have as new customer
Checking status of number - no info (24 hour issue)
Checking status of order number - no info (24 hour issue)
Receive Alert from credit watch company that credit score pinged at 7:15 AM this morning
No charge to CC, pending or not

Day 8, no phone, actually not too bothered by it. Maybe i'll give them up entirely?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss